Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting hyped for a FOURTH reboot without seeing so much as a single frame from this one.

You're a confusing fellow, Harry.

This, about some someone who kept changing their mind every few days last year on whom he wanted for the lead role? :huh:

Guys guys guys. Relax. He's clearly joking.

Is there gonna be another meltdown when Tuesday comes and there's no trailer?

Nope because we know there won't be a trailer on Tuesday :D

Last edited:
Theres gonna be a meltdown when no trailer comes this month.

Theres gonna be a meltdown when no trailer comes this month.

tumblr_n61dnqyCCz1shio1vo2_400.gif

The longer we wait, the better the pay-off will be.

It will be very great once we do start getting official word and details for the solo. Still for me i ultimately do feel the hold up is more not on a issue with who can or cant have say in marketing or promoting. But still likely sony wants to reveal things first. But when ever it happens it will be great. So we finally have official title, costume and villain.

Ultimately it cant be much longer now. As i keep bringing up we are now 4-5 months from shooting starting. So past spidey films and mcu films this is the point of time in pre production these things start coming out. Along with casting. Hopefully we will see some big news very soon. I still expect something before the month is out.

Then of course really do hope we get to see some stills or footage pre release of civil war for spidey. As there is still more then 70 days to first release. And we still have plently of tv spots and other trailers yet to release. Plus again none of the articles/reports on the marketing/promoting thing said marvel is totally blocked from promoting the character at all pre release. So there is still chance he could show up in something. Which i dont think is that unlikely.

Just saw the rumor of possible trailer next week. I said it before weeks ago that i felt next trailer would drop around that time. If its true and all. Hopefully it is and of course really do hope we will see spidey footage. But still either for the solo or for civil war we will have stuff soon. Again no way we will not have anything relating to spidey solo or civil war spidey to after april.

As for shooters i still personally like the mechnical ones the best. It was ok for organics in rami as they had there reasons. But you loose alot with going organics as having a way to show how smart peter is and making gadgets. Plus ou loose out of him making special webbings for certain villains and situations.

It will be very great once we do start getting official word and details for the solo. Still for me i ultimately do feel the hold up is more not on a issue with who can or cant have say in marketing or promoting. But still likely sony wants to reveal things first. But when ever it happens it will be great. So we finally have official title, costume and villain.

Ultimately it cant be much longer now. As i keep bringing up we are now 4-5 months from shooting starting. So past spidey films and mcu films this is the point of time in pre production these things start coming out. Along with casting. Hopefully we will see some big news very soon. I still expect something before the month is out.

Then of course really do hope we get to see some stills or footage pre release of civil war for spidey. As there is still more then 70 days to first release. And we still have plently of tv spots and other trailers yet to release. Plus again none of the articles/reports on the marketing/promoting thing said marvel is totally blocked from promoting the character at all pre release. So there is still chance he could show up in something. Which i dont think is that unlikely.

Just saw the rumor of possible trailer next week. I said it before weeks ago that i felt next trailer would drop around that time. If its true and all. Hopefully it is and of course really do hope we will see spidey footage. But still either for the solo or for civil war we will have stuff soon. Again no way we will not have anything relating to spidey solo or civil war spidey to after april.

As for shooters i still personally like the mechnical ones the best. It was ok for organics in rami as they had there reasons. But you loose alot with going organics as having a way to show how smart peter is and making gadgets. Plus ou loose out of him making special webbings for certain villains and situations.

You say that every month...

I really think we are jinxing ourselves everytime we say it wont be much longer. We should just let it happen naturally and stop trying to predict.

Since Spidey is going to be revealed to the world by the April, wouldn't it make sense for Marvel to release an official image to avoid blurry leaked pics?

C'mon Harry, everybody knows that Spidey will be revealed by me, i mean obviously.

I have a feeling the final trailer won't drop until the end of March/beginning of April. Just wait until the marketing for BVS dies down before the final push. Maybe an extended version of the super bowl trailer might premiere between now and then. Originally I thought they would reveal Spidey when the merchandise started to roll out but now it seems very obvious that Spidey is not included in pretty much any merchandise run, probably will be in the second wave that releases after the film premieres. Remember, the Vison's look was first reveal from leak concept art from sideshow collectibles.

I feel like Marvel is keeping Spidey under wraps so that the marketing focuses on the heart of the story. Namely Cap, Stark, and Bucky. In the trailers you want to make sure the general audience knows what it's about and why they should watch it. Having Spider-man has the potential to overshadow everything else in the film, being the number one thing people talk about. Also with the baggage of this being the third Spider-man reboot. It could negatively effect people perception of the film and what it is about. So they don't want to over sell Spidey from the get go.

I would say it's a safe bet that we'll first see Spidey in a quick shot in the final trailer and the last bit of promotional material, so probably sometime in April. I'm actually pretty glad they've held back and would actually love to first see Spidey enter the MCU on the big screen before anywhere else. In this time where internet lets everything leaks, it would be great to have that surprise waiting for me. Doubt it will happen, specially since the international release date is different, so I'm fairly certain we'll see the costume before the film premieres. Still would be nice.

I have a feeling the final trailer won't drop until the end of March/beginning of April. Just wait until the marketing for BVS dies down before the final push. Maybe an extended version of the super bowl trailer might premiere between now and then. Originally I thought they would reveal Spidey when the merchandise started to roll out but now it seems very obvious that Spidey is not included in pretty much any merchandise run, probably will be in the second wave that releases after the film premieres. Remember, the Vison's look was first reveal from leak concept art from sideshow collectibles.

I feel like Marvel is keeping Spidey under wraps so that the marketing focuses on the heart of the story. Namely Cap, Stark, and Bucky. In the trailers you want to make sure the general audience knows what it's about and why they should watch it. Having Spider-man has the potential to overshadow everything else in the film, being the number one thing people talk about. Also with the baggage of this being the third Spider-man reboot. It could negatively effect people perception of the film and what it is about. So they don't want to over sell Spidey from the get go.

I would say it's a safe bet that we'll first see Spidey in a quick shot in the final trailer and the last bit of promotional material, so probably sometime in April. I'm actually pretty glad they've held back and would actually love to first see Spidey enter the MCU on the big screen before anywhere else. In this time where internet lets everything leaks, it would be great to have that surprise waiting for me. Doubt it will happen, specially since the international release date is different, so I'm fairly certain we'll see the costume before the film premieres. Still would be nice.
I have to totally agree with this.

Since Spidey is going to be revealed to the world by the April, wouldn't it make sense for Marvel to release an official image to avoid blurry leaked pics?

I think the movie comes out in April in my country so I won't have to worry about that :woot:

:up:

The trailer will drop well before the end of March. Early March at the latest.

If we're talking about the release of Civil War, I agree completely he'll be revealed at least by then. If we're talking about Spider-Man filming, they could always film in closed sets or just Peter Parker scenes until after Civil War airs.

If we're talking about the release of Civil War, I agree completely he'll be revealed at least by then. If we're talking about Spider-Man filming, they could always film in closed sets or just Peter Parker scenes until after Civil War airs.

That's not going to be a problem as the solo doesn't start filming until June. :cwink:

End of March? That is way to late! A TV Spot does not substitute for a full trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"