Marvel Studios and its plans for lesser known heroes

If they don't have to pay for big name actors a good deal of the budget can go to the FX crew. I've seen stuff done for TV that blows away a lot of theatrical work. It all depends on who you get.

The idea of characters that are not as well known to the general public is a great one as far as I'm concerned.

If they can get Daniel-Day Lewis or Geoffrey Rush for cheap, then it's all good. :woot:

I think this has a lot of potential for experimentation, but I don't know if Marvel has many properties that are really a good fit for the low budget approach. I'd love to see Dr. Strange, but a low budget Dr. Strange movie might resemble Constantine more than Ditko's psychedelic visions. I don't have any problem with Luke Cage though. Or Iron Fist. I do think it's going to be tough for low budget superhero films to compete in a marketplace that gets mega budgeted superhero films on a regular basis.

I'd be up for seeing Werewolf by Night and Tomb of Dracula if we're thinking outside the superhero box.

This really is a great move and a good way to expand the Marvel movieverse. They could put out a couple of these smaller movies a year to establish the characters and then from there they could interact with other already established characters. I like the idea of a trilogy that included Luke Cage, then Iron Fist and then Heroes for Hire.

These movies need to be released in March or April along with a summer tentpole.

Yeah, I think most of these movies would be Spring releases. I would think it could be smart to film Cage and Iron Fist and a Heroes for Hire nearly all at the same time and then release Cage in the spring and Iron Fist in the fall with Heroes for Hire coming out the following summer.

Yeah that'd be awesome and I think it'd pretty much have to be that way to keep interest. You couldn't do a Luke Cage or Iron Fist movie then have Heroes for Hire come out three years later or something.

It's also important to do Black Panther/Dr. Strange movies if they have intentions of using them in future Avengers or crossover movies. A DD reboot needs to be on the back of their minds and they need to take it back immediately once the rights expire. Then there is a SHIELD movie where you can showcase Hawkeye before putting him in Avengers.

Dazzler sounds cool

with Dazzler, if they could get a young pop star who can act (lady Gaga, Kesha, Christina Aguilera), or..

an a-list young woman actor who can sing--

or-- a relatively unknown young woman who can sing, dance and act, like "Glee"..

the movie should come with its own soundtrack album, for sure..

Dr. Strange seems a little out of place among the group listed. I have to believe that a Dr. Strange movie would be a summer release with a bigger budget, something like $85M - $110M. The popularity of Harry Potter should make Marvel eager to capitalize on the world of magic and mysticsm.

Black Panther I could see coming out shortly after Avengers, much like Ant-Man, maybe filming both directly after Avengers wraps.

I just really like the idea of trying to make more movies for these smaller characters and integrating them into this bigger world, but not worrying about making them huge summer tentpoles. I am sure the focus will continue to be on quality but we could get Marvel movies throughout the year.

Ant-Man kind of falls into this category, I imagine. The way Edgar Wright described the first draft it didn't sound like it'd need a huge budget. Not to mention he's also talked about how it's been able to get put off for so long is because it's not one of their high priority tentpole films so they can take time to perfect it in preproduction without an established deadline right off the bat.

I'm a total Edgar Wright groupie so I have 100% faith the movie will be great, but I don't see it as a movie with sequels. I feel like Ant-Man's really more of a supporting character of the Avengers for the most part.

Runaways could be done on a relatively low budget, I suppose. Depending on how much Old Lace would cost...

Kevin Feige has denied a Dazzler's movie:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=17448

Finally, we wanted to confirm the Marvel characters that the studio is looking at bringing to the big screen. In the earlier story one of the characters mentioned was Dazzler, a '70s disco-era character that can turn sound into light and was a member of the X-Men. Since the X-Men and all their characters are owned by 20th Century Fox we wanted to find out how Marvel Studios was planning on making a film based on that character?

"That's Fox. Yeah, I didn't see that (in the article). That's not us, unless Fox is doing it," answered Fiege.

We told Fiege about the other characters mentioned in the article including Power Pack, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange and Ka-Zar, to get his conformation if Marvel Studios is actually considering those characters as well for future films?

"All that is right except Dazzler," Fiege confirmed.

This is so awesome. If I'm very lucky maybe one day, I'll get to helm a Marvel movie...

I still want Nick Fury to get a solo movie. :up:

I would love to see Movies made about Hawkeye ( a sequel with Mockingbird), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Moon Knight, Dr, Strange ( I think he needs a bigger budget), Ka-Zar, Nova, Man- Thing ( not like the crappy version that come out a few years ago), Luke Cage, Iron Fist ( and maybe a team up with Cage and Iron-Fist), Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel (Mar- Vell), Namor ( may require a bigger budget though).

I really think that if handled correctly, a Luke Cage film can be great. His story basically sells itself with how he turns his life around after being framed. As well as his past and his future as a hero.

And I'm all for a Moon Knight movie. Especially an origin movie involving Khonsu, his quest for revenge, and Marc's different personalities.

I would love to see Movies made about Hawkeye ( a sequel with Mockingbird), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Moon Knight, Dr, Strange ( I think he needs a bigger budget), Ka-Zar, Nova, Man- Thing ( not like the crappy version that come out a few years ago), Luke Cage, Iron Fist ( and maybe a team up with Cage and Iron-Fist), Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel (Mar- Vell), Namor ( may require a bigger budget though).

I agree with most of that for the exception of Mar-vell (the guy has been dead more times than I can count) and Man-Thing (no one gives a ****)

a Luke Cage movie could be damn good...and you could tell a good "social commentary" story while you're at it

a Luke Cage movie could be damn good...and you could tell a good "social commentary" story while you're at it
:up:

I think I'm going to mark like a little school girl when hearing the words "Sweet Christmas" on screen after an action sequence.

I know Tyrese Gibson has bought it up in interviews and he said he's ready to do it if Marvel will have him....Id prefer the black and gold street clothes, which I think Tyrese could pull off

Yeah. I also remember when talks of Tyrese being attached to the project came about two or three years ago he was giving interviews in which he said how he's willing to train hard for the role and how much of a Cage fan he is. Also wanting to make "the comic book world proud" with his interpretation of the character. So all that is really good to know.

Also agree about the look. :up:

Dr. Strange has to be made. He's too great a character to not be. Ka-Zar would be cool, too. I read another article about this not so long ago that mentioned Deathlok. That could be an awesome movie.

I agree with most of that for the exception of Mar-vell (the guy has been dead more times than I can count) and Man-Thing (no one gives a ****)

Mar-vell only died once...and for Man-thing(who really cared about Blade before the movie came out?

Dr. Strange needs a budget of about 80-110 million. Black Panther could do with a 50-80 million dollar budget.

All of the other b-listers (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Woman, Shang Chi etc) could get by on 20-50 million. This is a very exciting development for Marvel, as beyond their B-listers that only comic fans know, there are also C-listers and d-listers that no one (not even most comic fans) remember...Sleepwalker, Devil Dinosaur, Red Wolf, Omega the Unknown and others that could make compelling films for the right price.

They could also eventually adapt some of the pre-Marvel Universe stories...some of the tales of suspense and amazing fantasy stories before the bigger superheroes took over the books.

Dr. Strange should have better fx than the Harry Potter movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"