Marvel Studios and its plans for lesser known heroes

Broaden the horizions? What? By doing a ****ing Dazzler movie? **** Dazzler. It'd end up like "Step Up" or some other cheesy piece of crap. I'm sorry, but i'm not into cheesy pop music crap like that.

Why should Dazzler get a film when guys like Moon Knight are FAR more interesting, complex and most importantly, deserving? And we haven't had any rated r superhero movies... apart from Punisher, but he is a walking talking hollywood cliche.

I mean Dazzler hasn't even had her own comic for like a decade... says it all.
Ace.... I love you :heart:

Really? I've seen it twice and I didn't notice anything. :oldrazz:

On the screen when Fury and Stark was talking, it was talking about locations of possible metahumans. One place was Africa and we know where Wakanda is located.

Broaden the horizions? What? By doing a ****ing Dazzler movie? **** Dazzler. It'd end up like "Step Up" or some other cheesy piece of crap. I'm sorry, but i'm not into cheesy pop music crap like that.

Why should Dazzler get a film when guys like Moon Knight are FAR more interesting, complex and most importantly, deserving? And we haven't had any rated r superhero movies... apart from Punisher, but he is a walking talking hollywood cliche.

I mean Dazzler hasn't even had her own comic for like a decade... says it all.

c'mon man, you know a comic character not having their own series on the racks does not determine the validity of a good movie being made, case in point: blade.

and yeah, it depends on the filmaker, a dazzler movie could either be a triptastic saturday night fever with superheroes, or a crappy high school musical thing.
same with any gritty male hero, could be a great batman begins, or a terrible ghost rider.

all i'm saying is that a dazzler movie has a lot of potential for being not only unlike any other sh movie, but the unlikeliest of great sh movies. if it had the trippy visuals, great tunes and was well written, it would rock, or disco.

and as for spinning out of a fad..so what? many characters have done so, blade spun out of the blaxploitation era(and that's exactly how he used to talk in the 70s books), but they can be adapted and made good for the modern era.

i want to see more 'man on a mission' movies like moon knight and black panther too, but i also would like to see some radically different, but equally good , superhero movies out there to keep things fresh.

I understand you concerns about wanting something radically different... but i just honestly don't think Dazzler is the way to go.

Maybe if it was like, at raves with drum n bass and funky house :awesome: But that'd never happen.

Runaways? Sure. Cloak and Dagger? Sure. Dr Strange? YES!!!!

Dazzler? For me, **** no. You just know a Dazzler movie will be made to appeal to teeny bopper teenage girls. It is inevitable. It would make a lot of money... but it would just be sooooooooooo crap.

There are minor yet great, unique characters out there that deserve it more than Dazzler.

I understand you concerns about wanting something radically different... but i just honestly don't think Dazzler is the way to go.

Maybe if it was like, at raves with drum n bass and funky house :awesome: But that'd never happen.

dude, if they made the dazzler movie i am imagining in my head the cinema would turn into a rave. the teenyboppers would be outnumbered by the trippers. :hehe:

but yeah, i know, unlikely to happen, they would most likely do a crappy high school musical type deal, but, the potential is there for a good ambitious director.

Dazzler being remade today would probably go on along the lines of Lady Gaga/Paris Hilton. Guarantee it.

dude, if they made the dazzler movie i am imagining in my head the cinema would turn into a rave. the teenyboppers would be outnumbered by the trippers. :hehe:

but yeah, i know, unlikely to happen, they would most likely do a crappy high school musical type deal, but, the potential is there for a good ambitious director.

:funny: Oh man believe me, if they made it like that, i'd be first in line to see it!

:funny: Oh man believe me, if they made it like that, i'd be first in line to see it!

yeah, i know it is probably a pipe dream, but that is what the boards are for i suppose, trying to think of the best possible way to realise a character onscreen.

and the thing about dazzler is...she is a character that is not really suited to print given the nature of her powers, she is actually only really suited for a live action medium...you need music and an eyecandy extravaganza of a lightshow to go along with the tunes. you marriage that up to a strong female character and a good script, it could be a uniquely great movie.

Producing Dazzler will waste valuable production time for other movies. Don't you guys learn the meaning of opportunity cost from Economy 101?

Producing Dazzler will waste valuable production time for other movies. Don't you guys learn the meaning of opportunity cost from Economy 101?

dude, you sound like a guy who needs to pack up those thoughts and boogie on down to your local disco rave up. time spent on the art of the boogie is arguably more valuable to a person's well being than sitting listening to a lecture on economical thinking.

There are plenty of straight to DVD disco-dance movies. I don't need Marvel to make one of their own, especially something that I'm not gonna watch.

Now Moon Knight - that's something cool.

Marvel can't make a Dazzler movie anyway. She's owned by Fox meaning they'd have to produce it. Believe me, you don't want a Fox produced Dazzler movie. :csad:

How'd that happen..?

X-Men rights? Did they "portray" her in one of the X-films?

No she is at Marvel. She was one of the characters mentioned in the original report along with Cloak and Dagger.

Yeah but she's a mutant and Fox owns all the rights to the mutants. :huh: If she isn't owned by Fox then great, but I thought that was part of the Marvel/Fox deal. But here's hoping Disney gets those rights back. :up:

i think its X-Men rights

i still would take Moon Knight out of all of the smaller heroes who can work on a smaller budget. thats a movie id see for sure. and man hting was cool imo, so i know they can do something like that with maybe werewolf by night

i think its X-Men rights

i still would take Moon Knight out of all of the smaller heroes who can work on a smaller budget. thats a movie id see for sure. and man hting was cool imo, so i know they can do something like that with maybe werewolf by night

That's what I said! :argh:

On the screen when Fury and Stark was talking, it was talking about locations of possible metahumans. One place was Africa and we know where Wakanda is located.

That's not the same as a nod to Black Panther. If they want to mention Wakanda, they have to say Wakanda.

Well there is no other notable metahumans in Africa is there?

I gotcha...sort of like Eddie And The Cruisers, but with mutants. I think that it could be cool to create a world around the X-Men films...so that the story could be filled out completely, but those who just wanted to watch the big budget movies could just do that and get the big action scenes.

Isn't acceptance of mutants what the X-Men are fighting for? Alison wanted to be an entertainer. It's sad that a person should lose their dreams because of how society labels them. Her light powers shouldn't have to limit her career ambitions.

Well there is no other notable metahumans in Africa is there?

Storm. Anzari the Spear. The people of Genosha. If they wanted to mention Wakanda, they have to mention it by name to the audience. And they didn't. I don't even recall the metahuman discussion between Fury and Stark. They mostly discussed Tony finding a solution to his problems.

There are plenty of straight to DVD disco-dance movies. I don't need Marvel to make one of their own, especially something that I'm not gonna watch.

Now Moon Knight - that's something cool.

yeah, he is cool, he's like batman, except dressed for in artic fatigues. i would like to see him in a flick too.

but what i don't want is every single superhero movie to follow the same template of violent male vigilante.

you say disney has many direct to dvd disco movies? dude, they are swamped and dwarfed by the amount of vigilante, man on a mission, movies that go direct to dvd.
does that mean somene should not come along and have the vision to make TDK because there are already so many crappy movies that follow that template?

who is asking for a crappy disco movie anyway? i'm asking for a 2001 infinity gate done in 3d to accompany pounding catchy tunes during a Dazzler movie, with a great story behind it of a person who has the chance to become a celebrity, but becomes a superhero instead.
now that would be a good message, screw all this celebrity , reality tv, wanna be crap, do something more positive with your life instead.
have Dazzler be an artist who will not sell out, someone who sticks to her principles, and becomes a superhero instead of selling out to a horrible radio friendly corporation. there are a lot of possibilities for that kind of movie.
it would be different from the usual formula, and, in the right hands, it could be very cool.

i'm telling you man, if i was a film director, that is thesuperhero adaptation i would want to try my hand at, something that has not been done before.
and i would use my resulting clout to get a howard the duck re-boot done next, lol. then do a crossover between the two, leaving in hints for when they would all come together in a power pack movie.:hehe:

but, in all seriousness, the sh genre is in need of a good female sh movie they have all been terrible so far. dazzler could be a good vehicle for that.
i would give it to the wachowskis, a combo of 'bound', with tough, strong take charge females, and 'speed racer' , with the trippy visuals.

Last edited:
Moon Knight isn't really anything like Batman though. That's a common misconception.

He's a trained merc/hitman who stumbles upon Khonshu, the Egyptian God of Vengeance. Khonshu is constantly whispering in his ear to kill, Marc battles with his own desire to kill the guilty and his guilt about it all. He even wonders if he has gone full blown insane. Is Khonshu real? Or is it that Marc is just ****ed in the head and has a voice telling him to kill all the time? Or even worse... he knows he has a voice in his head, he knows he is schizo... but he uses the idea of Khonshu as an excuse?

He's a very conflicted guy. He is a really complex, unique character.

And the white suit? Check this... he wears it so the criminals can SEE HIM COMING. He doesn't want to hide. He is a ****ing bad ass and i'd love to see him either get the movie treatment, or a HBO show, really gritty and violent.

Last edited:
Moon Knight isn't really anything like Batman though. That's a common misconception.

He's a trained merc/hitman who stumbles upon Knoshu, the Egyptian God of Vengeance. Khonshu is constantly whispering in his ear to kill, Marc battles with his won desire to kill the guilty, Khonshu's and his guilt about it all. His a very conflicted guy. He is practically a schizo. He is a really complex, unique character.

And the white suit? Check this... he wears it so the criminals can SEE HIM COMING. He doesn't want to hide. He is a ****ing bad ass and i'd love to see him either get the movie treatment, or a HBO show, really gritty and violent.

Y'know what? I have some old marvel magazines from the 70s called 'marvel savage action' that someone gave me a couple of years ago. i never got around to properly reading the moon knight stories in them, i started but put them off for later, doug moench stories. i kind of forgot about them.
so i am only really familiar with him from his appearances in spider-man, he was in there quite a few times in the 70s, and he did seem batman/tony starkish, rich guy in a cape relying on martial arts etc instead of superpowers.

so yeah, i mean, that was just the superficial impression i had of him.
lol, and i admire the attitude about the snow white costume, but he should be careful unless he wants to get kidnapped by a bunch of dwarves.
it is a very cool looking costume, so i'll give that the visibility a pass for that reason you mentioned, that works for me.

actually once on Superhero Skype, we got tot alking about how an X4 movie could be done, better then the third one, and not retcon anything. and ComicChick had the idea of Dazzler puttin on a concert and theres a black out, and her light show still goes off and people realize shes a mutant and anti mutant people attack her, whole everyone else runs, and theres some stuff of like, Rogue getting ehr powers back as the "cure" weres off and stuff, but i would rather have dazzler appear as part of a Xemn movie or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"