Marvel Studios and its plans for lesser known heroes

yes, I agree...should...but Harry Potter is where it is because of all the revenue (millions upon millions) that the books generated....has Dr. Strange made that much money??

if I go see a movie about the Sorceror Supreme and the sfx arent beter than HP then something is wrong. I think trying to do Dr, Strange on the cheap would be a mistake

again...coming from a business perspective, and taking personal feelings completely out of it

WB saw how successful the HP books were and that's why those movies got the budget...WB knew they would get all that back and then some

would I love to see Marvel/Disney dump a bunch of money into Dr. Strange, I sure would...but the chances are slim because, for the most part, Dr. Strange is a second/third tier character in terms of public exposure

with Dazzler, if they could get a young pop star who can act (lady Gaga, Kesha, Christina Aguilera), or..

an a-list young woman actor who can sing--

or-- a relatively unknown young woman who can sing, dance and act, like "Glee"..

the movie should come with its own soundtrack album, for sure..

Agreed. But I don't think pop stars should have the part. Producers should first guarentee a great soundtrack.

This is great, it's about time some lesser known characters got their shot.

But ****ing Dazzler? Cloack and Dagger? I'm sorry but i really do not give a **** about them. Well, Cloak and Dagger CAN be alright i suppose... but Dazzler? Pfft.

Give me a modest budgeted, gritty, violent Moon Knight or Black Panther movie before any of that ****.

A Dazzler movie might make the entire Marvel movie projects crumble

Exactly. Dazzler was just a fad character anyway, with no real depth or everlasting appeal to anyone who isn't a girl and into pop music.

And Nova? You couldn't make a Nova movie with a modest budget. Nova would have to be like, 150 million minimum to be decent.

I think that Dazzler could actually be a decent movie...

I've always liked the idea of a mini-series or something like Dazzler: Behind The Lights...a "documentary" style concept that follows Dazzler as she is contacted by an A&R rep who prepares a comeback album with her. She is retired, and the disco days are behind her...but she gets swallowed up again in the fame and the lifestyle overwhelms her. Kind of like a Gia type movie where she gets hooked on sex and drugs and leads this dangerous, self destructive lifestyle and in the end she dies.

As I mentioned in the other thread, have Shiny Toy Guns provide the music, and I dont care who stars as long as they can act and sing.

But ****ing Dazzler? Cloack and Dagger? I'm sorry but i really do not give a **** about them. Well, Cloak and Dagger CAN be alright i suppose... but Dazzler? Pfft.

Give me a modest budgeted, gritty, violent Moon Knight or Black Panther movie before any of that ****.
:up::up:

Moon Knight is screaming to have his own movie. BP is coming soon. Heck, you have a easter egg of him in IM2.

cant wait for some of the litle knowns (publiclly) to get movies

Cloak and Dagger would be an awesome movie. They could make it well dark.

I think that Dazzler could actually be a decent movie...

I've always liked the idea of a mini-series or something like Dazzler: Behind The Lights...a "documentary" style concept that follows Dazzler as she is contacted by an A&R rep who prepares a comeback album with her. She is retired, and the disco days are behind her...but she gets swallowed up again in the fame and the lifestyle overwhelms her. Kind of like a Gia type movie where she gets hooked on sex and drugs and leads this dangerous, self destructive lifestyle and in the end she dies.

As I mentioned in the other thread, have Shiny Toy Guns provide the music, and I dont care who stars as long as they can act and sing.

I was sort of thinking of the same approach but it would be more modern. The story would be more set in the blossoming stage of her career only to have it ended when she's outed as a mutant. In the end she's disappeared after a fight with anti-mutant thugs, and we see loyal fans supporting her. There's no indication if she's still alive or dead. But the credits end with a photo montage of her growth into a singer.

Cloack and Dagger? I'm sorry but i really do not give a **** about them. Well, Cloak and Dagger CAN be alright i suppose...

Since Runaways and X-Men: First Class are already in pre-production they can't handle it the same way. I think Cloak and Dagger is better executed as an urban legend story. Put it more in the side of horror.

Ace of Knaves said:

yeah, let's just concentrate on gritty, violent male superheroes , we haven't had much of those type of movies. instead of trying to broaden the superhero movie genre with something different so that this burgeoning genre does not become stale in the minds of the ga.

Luke Cage is in the news. That sounds more plausible. I don't think they'll get a budget worthy enough for a Black Panther film. If it is coming soon it's just a wankfest that stops short of coming.

Luke Cage is in the news. That sounds more plausible. I don't think they'll get a budget worthy enough for a Black Panther film. If it is coming soon it's just a wankfest that stops short of coming.

dude, that is a minging analogy, lol. suppose it coul've been worse, you could've used it while talking about the dazzler movie.

I was sort of thinking of the same approach but it would be more modern. The story would be more set in the blossoming stage of her career only to have it ended when she's outed as a mutant. In the end she's disappeared after a fight with anti-mutant thugs, and we see loyal fans supporting her. There's no indication if she's still alive or dead. But the credits end with a photo montage of her growth into a singer.

I gotcha...sort of like Eddie And The Cruisers, but with mutants. I think that it could be cool to create a world around the X-Men films...so that the story could be filled out completely, but those who just wanted to watch the big budget movies could just do that and get the big action scenes.

yeah, let's just concentrate on gritty, violent male superheroes , we haven't had much of those type of movies. instead of trying to broaden the superhero movie genre with something different so that this burgeoning genre does not become stale in the minds of the ga.

Broaden the horizions? What? By doing a ****ing Dazzler movie? **** Dazzler. It'd end up like "Step Up" or some other cheesy piece of crap. I'm sorry, but i'm not into cheesy pop music crap like that.

Why should Dazzler get a film when guys like Moon Knight are FAR more interesting, complex and most importantly, deserving? And we haven't had any rated r superhero movies... apart from Punisher, but he is a walking talking hollywood cliche.

I mean Dazzler hasn't even had her own comic for like a decade... says it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"