Marvel Films Marvel Studios at D23

I’m not confident we’ll get a F4 cast announcement at D23. While it’s possible Marvel could look for a cast and director at the same time from the sounds of the trade reporting it does seem they are singularly focused on finding a director first before they even begin casting. Which makes sense. Generally speaking, with the exception of the time they hired Watts and Holland pretty much at the same time Marvel almost always hires directors before they begin the casting process for a film as they always want the director to have input on casting. So it’s very possible we only get a confirmed director announced.

And even then I think the F4 director will leak to the trades before Feige ever steps foot on the D23 stage to announce them.

where else?
I doubt it’ll be next SDCC and D23 is again 2024 ( 2 months before release)

Wish list:

Fantastic Four cast announcement
Doctor Doom Disney+ series announcement
Ghost Rider Disney+ series announcement
World War Hulk movie announcement

The rumors about Disney having to wait until 2025 for the X-Men has sort of tempered any hope/expectations I had on that front. Would love to be surprised though. Maybe they could at least proceed with Wolverine? As far as I'm aware, Jackman is no longer under contract so that character should be clear to use.

Holding on hope that Marvel will announce those rumoured projects and characters returning that Kevin has teased...like Wonder-Man getting his own series. Fantastic 4 cast announcement. Possible return of Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda/Scarlet Witch for her solo movie and/or making cameos leading into both Avengers 5 and 6. At this point, I am like Clint from Endgame when Natasha confronts him about having a second chance at bringing everyone back to life. "We have something...a chance to bring them back," she said. "No...don't give me hope," he says.

Still holding on a thread of hope but regardless though, I'll be excited either way if Kevin ends up making Wanda's return a surprise one as a secret.

I wouldn't expect any FF casting announcements at D23 but a director reveal is reasonable, considering we have a release date now...

I don't want a Doctor Doom D+ series. I want him teased and built up in the films, operating and pulling strings in the shadows as he gears up for his master plan haha...

A Ghost Rider D+ series would be cool and an awesome surprise for D23!

Fantastic Four film - director and main cast announced
Thunderbolts film - main cast announced
Shang-Chi 2 film - release date and director announced
Avengers: Secret Wars film - director announced
X-Men film - release date and director announced
Hawkeye series season 2 - announcement
Ghost Rider series - announcement, release date, director and lead actor announced
Daredevil: Born Again series - main cast announced
Wolverine miniseries - announcement, release date, lead actor announced (tied into X-Men news)

Last edited:
I would be surprised if we didn't get the FF cast, honestly. The FF film will be in 2024, and more than likely if they are opting for a veteran FF, they will appear in other projects. Those roles need filled ASAP. Director or no director. But I think director will be filled as well. Plenty of MCU directors don't get to make all the casting choices anyway

My Predictions

-2nd Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Tralier(released to the public as well)
-Ant & The Wasp: Quantamania Footage
-Secret Invasion Footage
-GOTG Vol. 3 Footage
-Blade Cast comes on stage, their characters announced
-Thunderbolts cast reveal, they come on stage
-Armor Wars release date
-Deadpool 3 Release date(final 2024 film), Reynolds comes on stage in character
-February 2025 film announced
-July 2025 Film announced

Depending on what the films are, it will be hard to top the Avengers announcement from SDCC. The might end with a huge Disney Plus announcement like World War Hulk

I reckon they’ll announce a scarlet witch movie, fantastic four director and sequels to the eternals and Shang chi

Do we a specific date and time that Marvel Studios is presenting at D23?

You’re right. No specific time and date for the marvel panel yet. But I just have the craziest feeling they saved the best stuff for d23

nah, if Im not mistaken, back in 2019 the best stuff was at San Diego ComicCon, with just 3 new Disney+ shows announced at D23.

I dont expect a bigger impact at D23 compared to SDCC panel last month

nah, if Im not mistaken, back in 2019 the best stuff was at San Diego ComicCon, with just 3 new Disney+ shows announced at D23.

I dont expect a bigger impact at D23 compared to SDCC panel last month
I'm not really banking on any new announcements in regards to Phase 6 movies or shows but I think they're saving their casting announcements for D23 since we got nothing new on that front at SDCC.

Damm, can they stop teasing us?? We just cant catch a break :funny:

I reckon they’ll announce a scarlet witch movie, fantastic four director and sequels to the eternals and Shang chi
A Scarlet Witch movie happening is like Marvel Studios finally giving Scarlet Johansson her solo movie, even if it was just a 1 time thing.

We know about Wonder Man and Nova being in development. And the previously announced Armor Wars will probably take one of those 8 spots. Besides that, a Namor show (due to rights issue) could be a possibility. Maybe Hercules?

I believe at least one of those spots has to be for a female character.

I think they might announce that WAKANDA FOREVER is moving up a week to Nov. 4th. The first weekend of Nov. usually kicks off the holiday season, and it's sitting inexplicably vacant, especially considering how weak the prior two months look.

I think they might announce that WAKANDA FOREVER is moving up a week to Nov. 4th. The first weekend of Nov. usually kicks off the holiday season, and it's sitting inexplicably vacant, especially considering how weak the prior two months look.
That was The Flash's original spot, right? You might be on to something. Since it's wide open I don't think any other studio is opening up anything big around Wakanda Forever.

Yeah, that was THE FLASH's original spot. Exhibitor Relations noted that Disney might want to help out BLACK ADAM, but I kinda doubt that, although Dwayne Johnson, as well as the vfx people working on WAKANDA FOREVER, are about the only people who would be happy with the traditional start date of the holiday season remaining vacant.

is it’s November 11th not during some American Holiday? They had good experiences with Shang Chi starting during a Holiday Weekend…not that the rest of the world does give a **** about if it’s a Holiday or not (we do other stuff during a Holiday weekend)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"