Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

Just skimming through all of that, she really is the real deal.

20 or 30 years from now, when Kevin Feige decides to retire, she would make an excellent successor. She seems to have a really good grasp and knowledge on comic book lore and film culture, is really passionate about everything that she loves, has that fresh blood and rebellious spirit and really seems to be on the pulse of what MCU fans really love and want from these sorts of things, probably because she is one.

Last edited:

Oh this is amazing! I knew an actor or creator one day would reveal themselves to be a historical lurker on one of the fan forums. Gonna have to read all this. :up:

Oh this is amazing! I knew an actor or creator one day would reveal themselves to be a historical lurker on one of the fan forums. Gonna have to read all this. :up:
I'm pretty sure Simu Liu has also revealed himself as such before.

I'm pretty sure Simu Liu has also revealed himself as such before.
Oh yes, that sounds familiar too. With the younger generation it’s even more natural as it’s probably more common to be into comic book films than not unlike my generation.

Really good finale and damn the family stuff in this show hits you in the feels.

Iman is going to be a star you just can’t stop watching her!
Yeah the family stuff was amazing all the way through the show.

Exactly, I started an instant rewatch of the show after finishing the finale. :D

Just skimming through all of that, she really is the real deal.

20 or 30 years from now, when Kevin Feige decides to retire, she would make an excellent successor. She seems to have a really good grasp and knowledge on comic book lore and film culture, is really passionate about everything that she loves, has that fresh blood and rebellious spirit and really seems to be on the pulse of what MCU fans really love and want from these sorts of things, probably because she is one.

Umm, hell no. You need a bit more than being a comic fanboy to do what Feige does. If a love of comics was all you needed, than Geoff Johns would have had a better track record.

And really, based on JW: Dominion, I really think may people need to give Kathleen Kennedy an apology.

Umm, hell no. You need a bit more than being a comic fanboy to do what Feige does. If a love of comics was all you needed, than Geoff Johns would have had a better track record.

And really, based on JW: Dominion, I really think may people need to give Kathleen Kennedy an apology.

I wasn’t suggesting she take it on just because of her comic fandom. I was saying that once she attains enough experience in the film industry (20-30 years) from working in a ton of regular and comic book film properties, like working in the MCU, she could possibly reach a point where she could be in a position to take on a role like that. If she did, she would definitely have the passion and the knowledge necessary to govern and navigate that arena. That’s all I’m saying.

I could definitely see her in about a decade or so start taking on positions of directing and/or producing some projects for Marvel Studios to attain that experience, similar to how Kevin Fiege built up that experience and pedigree by working on a lot of Marvel projects in the early aughts all the way up to Iron Man, when he finally took on a producer role and became a guiding captain of the MCU.

I definitely agree with you that just having comic book knowledge isn’t everything.

Last edited:
I wasn’t suggesting she take it on just because of her comic fandom. I was saying that once she attains enough experience in the film industry (20-30 years) from working in a ton of regular and comic book film properties, like working in the MCU, she could possibly reach a point where she could be in a position to take on a role like that. If she did, she would definitely have the passion and the knowledge necessary to govern and navigate that arena. That’s all I’m saying.

I could definitely see her in about a decade or so start taking on positions of directing and/or producing some projects for Marvel Studios to attain that experience, similar to how Kevin Fiege built up that experience and pedigree by working on a lot of Marvel projects in the early aughts all the way up to Iron Man, when he finally took on a producer role and became a guiding captain of the MCU.

I definitely agree with you that just having comic book knowledge isn’t everything.

Honestly, even a creative position behind the camera isn't a good place for the experience. i just don't understand this "being a fan translates to relevant experience" thing outside of wish fulfillment.

1UB1fY2.png

biSOWES.png

Last edited:
I didn’t really like the series that much but liked the people involved. Damage Control being the “villain” didn’t work for me. And the home alone hijinx in a high school in the finale made me roll my eyes.

Hopefully Marvels does a better job bridging to the series than MoM did to WV.

I didn’t really like the series that much but liked the people involved. Damage Control being the “villain” didn’t work for me. And the home alone hijinx in a high school in the finale made me roll my eyes.

Hopefully Marvels does a better job bridging to the series than MoM did to WV.

I liked this show, but I wanted to LOVE it. Which the Wonder Years like show with Kamala and her family I did love. But this is a superhero show, and I just cannot get past the fact that the actual superhero elements were not just largely okay, they were actively bad. Both Damage Control and the Clan Destine sucked. Most of the fight scenes were fairly boringly staged. The effects on the powers sucked. Which is a shame cause this show was otherwise great. But in the end, it ended up being my 2nd least favorite live action MCU show for that reason.

I think this show could have been fixed if they had Damage Control as the main threat most of season. Have the Clan Destine mentor Kamala and become her friends for several episodes. I would have cut out the Red Daggers and such entirely and made the Clan Destine Kamala's mentors. Then in like episode 5, something happens and Kamala sees the flashback stuff and realizes thay they killed her great grandmother, which reveals them as the real villains. Then the final episode, Kamala vs Clan Destine. This would have addressed a lot of issues with this aspect of the show. The way they structured it actively made it so neither Damage Control nor the Clan Destine could get proper focus, so both ended up sucking. Having the Clan Destine try to kill her for basically no reason in 1 episode was monumentally dumb. Hell, you could have built toward the brother's wedding so it happened in the finale and that is where the big Kamala vs Clan Destine fight happens, and Kamala's family see her fight them and realizes she has powers and all that jazz.

This really needed fixing

Last edited:
That was part of my problem too. Yet another secret group of people with powers out there. Soon as they showed up and their powers were basically looking mean and throwing things, I got bored.

Ethan McDowell aka Agent Barrie of DODC on The Movie Couple Live:

I may be willing to forgive their sidestepping of who Zoe is if we get a bunch of cute interactions between her and Nakia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"