Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

I actually think these are worse than the Flash Smashers. At least they had some masks from a design POV. These characters don't even have that and just look lazy on top of boring

They have their weapons, which had potential. Its just that the action is shot in a way that we can barely see them.

They have their weapons, which had potential. Its just that the action is shot in a way that we can barely see them.

One dude literally has a belt as a weapon. I don't think better shot action would save these villains, honestly. There is no foundation here to build off of

I am interested to see how the show deals with the Partition of India that led to the formation of Pakistan.

I wonder if they will name drop "East Pakistan" which is now Bangladesh

One dude literally has a belt as a weapon. I don't think better shot action would save these villains, honestly. There is no foundation here to build off of

I'm fairly confident there is a transformation aspect of the weapons. But, like I said, there isn't enough focus on them to really notice any of the details.

Still doesn't change my opinion that the anthropomorphic cockatiel would have been better.

I'm fairly confident there is a transformation aspect of the weapons. But, like I said, there isn't enough focus on them to really notice any of the details.

Still doesn't change my opinion that the anthropomorphic cockatiel would have been better.

I dont cause what they need is character development and to be interesting. Better fight scenes don't build stronger characters

Great! It's been more consistent than most of the other shows.
More so than the other Disney + and Netflix series Ms. Marvel feels like a TV show, not a movie stretched out for an intended 6 to 10 hour binge. And watching it live that is a good thing. Those who wait for a binge watch will have to report how it works for them.

More so than the other Disney + and Netflix series Ms. Marvel feels like a TV show, not a movie stretched out for an intended 6 to 10 hour binge. And watching it live that is a good thing. Those who wait for a binge watch will have to report how it works for them.
True. I think this one works better as a weekly show. Yes, feels totally like a TV show and not hearing the “ should have been a movie” anywhere near as much on this one.

I was waiting for a binge watch, but decided to watch the first 2 episodes. So far, I think it's clearly better than the other D+ shows. It's got a very different tone and I was sort of skeptical at first, but it works for me. I can see people not liking that aspect of it, but not everything has to be the same.

Watching all the Youtube stuff I am wondering when did the American English pronunciation of Ms change?

Finally caught up. I agree that this feels more like a proper TV show but I still mantain that it should've left the antagonists for later and should've just focused on Kamala's journey of self-discovery. I would've been much more invested if this was more character/drama driven without the usual MCU trappings.

My take is that the story is never about good vs evil, the villains are just one of many elements to her journey to become who she will be, and the villains are not even the biggest element in that journey. It doesn’t bother me that they are never well developed with back story etc and entire episode or 2 just about them. They served they purpose they can go. I appreciate the approach and direction the show is taking.

And just like that another Disney+ series crashes and burns at the end.

My problem with the Disney+ Marvel shows have definitely been the villains. With the obvious exception of certain witch who's been messing with everything, all of them have been so boring or irrelevant imo.

The heroes' have a good development, but it's not something we see with that antagonists. They seem to be just tools for the main characters to use and not characters on their own.

Hopefully Ms. Marvel doesn't also suffer from the "really rushed season finale" the other shows have also had, but sadly it's very likely.

My problem with the Disney+ Marvel shows have definitely been the villains. With the obvious exception of certain witch who's been messing with everything, all of them have been so boring or irrelevant imo.

The heroes' have a good development, but it's not something we see with that antagonists. They seem to be just tools for the main characters to use and not characters on their own.

Hopefully Ms. Marvel doesn't also suffer from the "really rushed season finale" the other shows have also had, but sadly it's very likely.

The problem is they just don't take enough time to develop villains, or even just have some cool tough villains for the heroes to play off of.

In Hawkeye, they cut all of Kingpin's scenes and put everything into the final episode. To make it a surprise I suppose, but by that time, it felt like a thud just showing him as a blurry photo as a cellphone.

The reason that reveal is so disappointing is because that wasn't Wilson Fisk's natural introduction in the show. He was supposed to be shown earlier.

To me, the portrayal of her culture and religion in a more positive light is a bigger deal to me than the villains. Even if these were great villains, I would not think this was a great show if it had the usual trope of "we have characters who are Muslim, therefore evil. They are Islam, so therefore also evil" which I have said many times that portrayal bores me to death (I am not Muslim, so I don't find it offensive, just boring). So far only Ms. Marvel and FBI have portrayed the religion of Islam in a positive light in Hollywood. In fact, I would have turned this show off after the first episode if they had gone with the whole "Muslims are evil trope" even if the villains had been good. The portrayal of her culture is what has kept me hooked onto the show from Day One.

Hope the context of the spoilers is much better when I watch the full episode, when I'm not tire or have a headache.

Omg!! It happened and it happened on Ms Marvel, feige is a damn genius. Amazing show absolutely mind blowing ending. This changes soo much going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"