Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think one of his powers would involve maybe temporarily possessing your opponent via the astral plane and causing them to just injure themselves or whatever.
Quan Chi in MK9 has a move like that

I just imagined more creativity when it comes to the Sorcerer Supreme.

I just imagined more creativity when it comes to the Sorcerer Supreme.
You're only paying for 75% of the character. They'll fix him up and give him new moves by the third release

Last edited:
BOTH are amazing additions.

Strange has some interesting choices but Nemesis is basically exactly what I'd expect him to be.

Strange is pretty much what I expected. I'm glad too.

It looks like Strange has a projectile countering hyper.

And I think we can forget about getting completely original new stages

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30138477&postcount=202

Apparently, in the latest issue of Game Informer, Ryota Niitsuma is interviewed and says that each of the 8 new stages will be a variant of the 8 stages already in the game.

How do you explain the Shadowland stage then? Plus Seth Killian said that there's going to be a Days of Future Past stage with MvC2 characters on the iconic Wanted poster.

Dr. Strange & Nemesis both look great! I have a feeling Dr. Strange is going to be top tier & Nemesis looks way better than I expected.

How do you explain the Shadowland stage then? Plus Seth Killian said that there's going to be a Days of Future Past stage with MvC2 characters on the iconic Wanted poster.

Dr. Strange & Nemesis both look great! I have a feeling Dr. Strange is going to be top tier & Nemesis looks way better than I expected.

Kattelox Island - Winter
Tricell Laboratory - Destroyed
Hand Hideout - Shadowland
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier - On the deck of the ship during the daytime

Yes Shadowland is a new stage, but it's still a hideout of the Hand

It's rumored these are the rest of the stages

Demon Village - Scorch Mountain
Metro City - Ruins of the city; Days of Future Past motif with patrolling Sentinels
Asgard - Nighttime; glowing & colorful (http://i51.tinypic.com/de5wzn.png)
The Daily Bugle - Nighttime with the city lit up

[YT]XBuPbb3tNno[/YT]

[YT]LR1RbC1No8A[/YT]

they look great! Strange looks like a blast!

however.... really? ANOTHER hellicarrier stage? :( ugh...... are most of the stages just going to be a different weather pattern/day/night motif? boring...

Any of you guys still jump online for this? I'll probably be playing it later today, any hypers up for some MVC action?

I'm going to play this online when the Ultimate edition is released for sure. :up:

Xbox tag is ReddfoxxDVDA if anyone's game.

Last edited:
Really lazy of them to that with the stages.I was so excited when I saw the Shadowland stage too.Well at least I'm very happy with Dr.Strange.I might main him.

you expected anything else from capcom, i'm trading in my regular copy with a few other games, and i may pick this up but only if its around £20

The characters are what's important anyway. The stages are just background in these games.

We got from the new MK a giant package, characters as well as stages, I just expect this to be the norm.

I got kinda bored just playing though the same 8 stages. They could have added some more variety

Guess Which Character Marvel Worried Capcom Would Get Wrong?

With more than 75 Marvel characters appearing in Capcom fighting games over the years, you'd think the comic maker would completely trust Capcom's judgment when it comes to how their heroes and villains appear in-game.

Not so with one particular character appearing in the soon-to-be released Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the game's producer tells Kotaku.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 includes the original 36 characters from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and introduces a dozen new playable fighters, among them the master of the arcane, Dr. Strange.

Dr. Strange's inclusion in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came about after people started to wonder why Shuma-Gorath was in the game and not his adversary, Dr. Strange, producer Ryota Niitsuma told me.

When Capcom got the approval to include Dr. Strange in the fighter, that OK came with a surprising amount of hand-holding from the comic maker, he said.

"With Dr. Strange, Marvel had some very special requests," he said. "They wanted him to do this this and this. It was very specific what they wanted him to do."

Nitsuma said that Marvel has never been that specific in the past.

"Dr. Strange had the most specific requests they ever made," he said. "It was just unreal; what moves he had; what sort of hand gestures. Very specific."

He said the comic publisher even sent along illustrations showing exact hand positions for Dr. Strange to use in the game.

"There were some bits and pieces we couldn't do," Niitsuma said. "There were some moves we had to counter-offer [with] something else and satisfy their needs for specific things in different ways."

Marvel even over-ruled some of the things Capcom wanted to change. For instance, Marvel requests that Dr. Strange float when he moves around the screen in the fighting game. But Niitsuma and his team said that too many of Marvel's characters were already floating. Eventually, Marvel got their way.

I asked Niitsuma if the close watch on how Dr. Strange looked and moved in the game might be tied to the rumored movie that's in the works. He declined to comment.

Kotaku

Dr. Strange required that much attention and requests? Its not like he's one of Marvel's biggest stars, at least compared to the likes of Wolverine, Spidey and Cap

And I think they could've done a better job with Spidey.
He was one of my main fighters and MvC1 and 2. He just doesn't play the same, here.

He might not be one of Marvel's biggest stars but he's one of their biggest cult stars. I'd actually rather read about him than Wolverine, Cap and even sadly nowadays Spidey.

Spider-Man is dead to me, but I've liked Strange since I found out that we share a name.

And I think they could've done a better job with Spidey.
He was one of my main fighters and MvC1 and 2. He just doesn't play the same, here.

he's better than he was in those games

I'll wait for MVC3 The Arcade Edition. I did the same thing with SFIV (bought SSFIV AE).

he's better than he was in those games
You mean he's better now than in the previous fighting games?
Not to me.
Before, he felt faster and easier to combo with and had better melee attacks, or maybe the transition between them was faster or easier to pull off, now some of his attacks are hard to connect, like the web-swing, from what I remember.

I didn't play with him as much as I did in the previous entries. Just not as fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"