Daredevil Marvels Daredevil Season 2 Thread(Spoilers for Season 1.)

That's my concern as well. I say keep the secret identity, more stories to tell with that. And I think it's gonna be retconned in the comics anyway after the Secret wars event.

Not really. Those stories have been played out, and they too often venture into annoying cliché. It happens over and over and over and over again, and I'm not interested.

I want the following...

- Elektra of course
- more of matt and foggy as lawyers
- Karen page to live. This is very important to me
- more villains. I can imagine daredevil has painted a pretty large target on himself now and I'm intrigued to see who could be coming his way. Maybe someone from the waid run
- I just love Charlie cox. Not sure why I'm saying that now but I just do
- what do you guys think about a daredevil unmasked thing? I was thinking that might be more of a season 3 thing but it could still be pretty cool

I agree to all.

I hate DD getting unmasked, so I really hope they don't go there. DD and Spidey are two that should never be "outed".IMO

I'm thinking the elderly Chinese Woman will be big characters in the Iron Fist film, with Stick appearing at some point or another.

Season 2 should deal with the ramifications of becoming a superhero while continuing the themes from the first season. Given that it's the second installment, in terms of story I'd like to see things go darker.

The first season was as much an origin story for the Kingpin as it was DD. We should see Fisk calling the shots from in jail and a frustrated Matt wondering if sparing him was the right call.

Meanwhile Matt is introduced to three challenges that test his ability to stay on the side of morality: 1. Bullseye 2. Elektra 3. The Punisher

As the police turn to a superhero- DD to help clean up the city, the crime lords turn to a mysterious super villain to even the odds. Bullseye is the tragic byproduct of the costumed arms race between thugs and the police, and this season's foil of Daredevil.

Elektra is brought in by the Tridad to help regain footing in the city. She becomes Daredevil's love interest, and ultimately something of an anti-hero.

The Punisher is going to be the Stick of this season. He's what Daredevil fears becoming, despite his admiration. The Punisher is out to kill Bullseye, and Daredevil struggles with the question of whether or not it's moral to allow someone else to kill for him. Ultimately he stops the Punisher and the two make an uneasy truce.

Ultimately Elektra dies because Bullseye allowed to live, Karen nearly OD's and her fate is uncertain, Fisk is let out from jail, Foggy blames Matt for Karen's condition, and even though he's won in the day personally he's lost it all.

Not really. Those stories have been played out, and they too often venture into annoying cliché. It happens over and over and over and over again, and I'm not interested.

But in the MCU, few characters have a secret identity. Therefore Daredevil having one is more original within the MCU.

In terms of Fisk's role in Season 2, I'd like to see him escape prison by using some legal loopholes to avoid conviction. But his reputation is forever tarnished, thrusting him back into the shadows and cementing his status as The Kingpin of Crime.

It's up to the writers if theyre gonna make the whole secret identity thing annoying and cliche, or actually make it interesenting and thriling.

DD spent lots of decades with a secret identity in the books, so there are alot of stories to tell there.

Haven't read through the thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what are your thoughts on Hyde as a villain? Like a 2 episode arc, nothing major.
I'm fresh off watching the latest AoS, where Hyde/Kal is a reoccurring character, and I know Hyde has clashed with DD in the books.
Only problem is, I'm not sure how he would vibe with the grounded tone of the show. In Young Avengers he was a "super drug" dealer. They could follow those ideas and have him selling his product in Hell's Kitchen. I would love to see him in his full Hulk-like glory, but I can't see it working in the show. It could work in the Defenders movie. Hyde going toe to toe with Luke Cage or something.

The whole secret identity thing was more of a big cliche of the early 2000s. Since Tony Stark announced "I am Iron Man" it really hasn't been a big aspect of modern Superhero films.

In the MCU we have 3 characters with secret identities- Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Iron Fist (maybe). None of the Avengers have secret identities, only half of the Defenders do, it's actually a bit refreshing now- and works a lot better in the context of other heroes who operate publicly.

Jim Caviezel for Punisher in season 2.

If Tom Hardy is ever gonna be in a comic book movie or show, he'd be a great Frank Castle IMO.

One thing that was missing terribly was Matt and Foggy's law career, they only had four clients- Karen, the bowling alley guy , Mrs Cardenas and Hoffman, of which only one case actually went to court, disappointing

I want some courtroom drama in season 2

Am I the only one who doesn't think we will get Elektra in season 2? If we do, cool but I feel like there is still more to set up. I don't even think Bullseye will be in season 2
I also don't think we'll see Karen die. They kinda had little nods to her drug problems but I think there is still more to do to set up her and Matt.

I think Punisher being in season 2 would be great, but again not sure the likelihood of that.

Jon Hamm is my dream Punisher but I don't think it will happen.

I do think Jon Bernthal from Walking Dead would be good and it seems like he would actually do it.

One thing that was missing terribly was Matt and Foggy's law career, they only had four clients- Karen, the bowling alley guy , Mrs Cardenas and Hoffman, of which only one case actually went to court, disappointing

I want some courtroom drama in season 2

Agreed but remember this was them just getting started, so I'm sure we'll see more. As long as it doesn't get too procedural.

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't the Hand, especially since we see Stick bowing down to a mysterious figure, along with that very nice Elektra tease. I don't think DD will/should like the Chaste, and he definitely won't like the Hand. Sounds like a party.

I also would hope to see Bullseye doing awesomeness and Fisk working things from behind bars. I do want to see what Vanessa is up to, but turning her into a mini Kingpin would be silly to me.

I can't wait to see how DD pops up in the meantime before Season 2. I hope to see him at least once in each of these new series.

For Season 2 of Daredevil i'm not sure, i think this storyline with The Hand may be the big threat in the Defenders mini series.

As for Fisk, i agree with not having Vanessa as a mini Kingpin, sounds kinda lame, would prefer to see her character doing something else interesting that would be more fitting for her. I'm hoping to see Kingpin amassing even more power behind the bars.

One thing I'm afraid of with this series is I hope it doesn't fall into the trap "Arrow" is having by trying to be too realistic. I get Daredevil being the street level hero but some superpowered enemies would be nice eventually. I'm disappointed
the Owl wasn't exactly THE Owl
so hopefully they work on this. Don't be afraid to still be a superhero show.

One thing I'm afraid of with this series is I hope it doesn't fall into the trap "Arrow" is having by trying to be too realistic. I get Daredevil being the street level hero but some superpowered enemies would be nice eventually. I'm disappointed
the Owl wasn't exactly THE Owl
so hopefully they work on this. Don't be afraid to still be a superhero show.

Judging by the shift in tone after Stick appeared int the serie, I'm sure that we won't have to fear a "Dark Knight tone". After seeing the serie I'm sure that Marvel will slowly add some fantasy / fantastic part (you are in a world where a purple man who can control people mentally, aliens and mystic ninja exist). They juste want to bring them slowly and find a way to make them work. And, like said before, either Leland Owsley (who was very different from the comic book owl in his characterization) will return from his coma in a brand new form or, more likely, his son will be the "real" Owl in the future, and I'm not worried that this Owsley will fly and be murderous.

The first season was an introduction, and the birth and rise of Daredevil. In the second season, I don't doubt that you will see the escalation and, so, the rise of the masked villains.

Hey you know who would be great for season 2? Maya Lopez! I love and miss that character. Plus more strong women is always a plus and she can play a larger role in the marvel u/infinity wars

Hey you know who would be great for season 2? Maya Lopez! I love and miss that character. Plus more strong women is always a plus and she can play a larger role in the marvel u/infinity wars

That would be fun, I like Echo. I do wonder where they could go for a 2nd season, there's so much good material and so many ways it could go from here. Mostly people are hoping for Elektra and Bullseye off the bat, but I'm not sure if that's exclusively where they'd go already. But eh, who knows!

I like Maya. However, I do think Daredevil has a bunch of female characters that fill a similar role. Maya is basically in the middle of Elektra and Typhoid Mary in some ways.

Would I love to see her on the show? Absolutely. Do I think she would fit next season? Not really. It would be a distraction from Matt and Karen (which needs to get off the ground) and only really makes sense in a post Born Again world.

Tom Hardy is incredibly overrated, not to mention too expensive for a Netflix show

I would prefer Jon Hamm

He just did a series of Peaky Blinders. Which was on a BBC budget. Netflix could most likely afford him. It would just be does he have the time? And I doubt he'd do more than one series.

Also overrated is your opinion. He's probably one of the best actors working today imo.

Who do you guys want for Bullseye? Would Jason Statham be a good choice?

Walton. Goggins.

While we're at it, Michael K. Williams (Omar Little) for Frank Castle.

Also, yes to Elektra... No to killing her. Fake her death, resurrect her if they have to, but God, I've been waiting for her to be done right dammit! And I don't want her fridged LOLOL!! Ditto Karen. If they have her devolve next season over killing Wesley, then I like the idea above, keeping her fate uncertain in the S2 finale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"