Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Matt isn't in a rush to make Batman, I wouldn't really be heartbroken if he left. There is probably a list of directors a mile long who would KILL to make a Batman movie and would make it their top priority as soon as they sign on. Maybe a fresh indie talent is just what Batman needs right now. Maybe they can get Fede Alvarez back on the phone.

Reeves' is basically my sole interest in another Batman film. Reeves' is a talented filmmaker so I'd be interested in seeing his take, but we already have the classic cbm trilogy starring the character, so more films with Bats isn't necessary.

I have absolutely no faith in DC/WB to make the correct decisions on their own. Frankly, they're lucky to have someone as gifted as Reeves interested in playing ball with them after the mess they've made of their comic book universe and with their track record. If Reeves goes, I find it very unlikely that they'd find another director with similar abilities that'd be willing to take the reins. There's not many names I can think of that have both the vision and prior experience with blockbusters that Reeves has. And the ones I can think of are either already working on a comparable franchise or would never touch/be asked to work on a Batman film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"