Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone dissing the Sandman hasn't seen Punch Drunk Love, Meyerowitz Stories or the trailer to Uncut Gems. Dude worked with ****ing PTA, of course he's a good actor

Anyone dissing the Sandman hasn't seen Punch Drunk Love, Meyerowitz Stories or the trailer to Uncut Gems. Dude worked with ****ing PTA, of course he's a good actor
Again: I know he's a good actor. I just hate him as a Hollywood figure and I hate most of his choices. I wish he just went the Pattinson route and made interesting projects more often instead of mostly making garbage.

I'm actually curious if that'll be an inspiration. I'm 2 years older than him, but he's part of my generation of kids who grew up and aged along with the Timmverse. So it's had a huge influence on my formative years as a fan. I've been waiting for someone in this age range to come along and drive the IP. He's "just" a writer, but that's an important component.

All kidding aside, I agree that it's a good thing. From a directorial standpoint we're going with 3 consecutive directors who were born in the 60s (Nolan, Snyder, Reeves). It's good to have a younger perspective in there who may be a bit more in tune with the more modern depictions of the character.

Also he liked this BTAS tweet.

Still hate him for being some kid who landed the dream gig out of nowhere though. :funny:

I didn’t have strong feelings either way about Hill but I’m glad that he’s out. :funny:

Yeah, as much as I've enjoyed his work in other films, I had no real desire to see him take part in this one.

I wonder how long it’s going to be before we hear the next candidate for the role.

This Mattson Tomlin guy truly is a mystery to me lol

How did he literally just come out of nowhere and land such a high profile gig? Does he personally know Reeves?

This Mattson Tomlin guy truly is a mystery to me lol

How did he literally just come out of nowhere and land such a high profile gig? Does he personally know Reeves?
It's not that weird for a studio to hire up-and-coming writers seemingly out of obscurity. He's in the industry and has two features with name talent in post-production. It's all about networking. Reeves (or someone at WB) might've gotten an early look at one and brought him in for a meeting, or they met at a film fest or something and they liked his ideas, and that was that. It's not as if he's done nothing before this gig. He's got work out there.

Excited to see what someone from my generation is going to bring.

Yeah, while I think that the DCAU isn’t quite as perfect a realization of the DC world as some fans argue it is, I definitely think it’s the strongest overall encapsulation, especially on the Batman side of things. If Mattson’s presence on the writing team helped expose Reeves to that treasure trove of Batman goodness, I’m all for it.

I saw at least 15 tweets today of people wanting Bill Hader to play The Ridler and only 3 of those were my own :D

I-Like-That.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"