Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, it looks like the earliest this movie will be out by is 2020.

I don't know that WB "waited" on Nolan with regard to the Batman films, with the exception of the final one. They hired him in 2003, and had a Batman movie by 2005. They had a sequel by 2008. Yes, there was a waiting period of about four years between the release of TDK and RISES, but the first two films were developed delivered fairly promptly, all things considered.

I don't know that WB "waited" on Nolan with regard to the Batman films, with the exception of the final one. They hired him in 2003, and had a Batman movie by 2005. They had a sequel by 2008. Yes, there was a waiting period of about four years between the release of TDK and RISES, but the first two films were developed delivered fairly promptly, all things considered.

On Nolan’s timetable, not WB’s.

But you can't discount it. Batman now has a taint on him again on the cinema screen, just like after B&R (though not as bad). He needs to go away again for a while, so a new version can come along that makes people forget the mistakes with Batfleck.

Nothing wrong with Zaddy's divine taint.

At least Nolan had a routine - one Batman film, one personal project, on average he releases 1 film every 2 years.

With Reeves, it could range from 2 years to 6 years, which is quite annoying as a Batman fan, especially if you wanna see more Margot Robbie and a new Batigirl on film (in an era we live in now)

I can wait, but not at the expense of movies that can be done before this...which I'm really just referring to Nightwing.

At least Nolan had a routine - one Batman film, one personal project, on average he releases 1 film every 2 years.

With Reeves, it could range from 2 years to 6 years, which is quite annoying as a Batman fan, especially if you wanna see more Margot Robbie and a new Batigirl on film (in an era we live in now)

Eh, I can't really fault Reeves here. Part of why fans are going to be waiting so long is because Warner Bros pushed way too hard on Affleck to try and get him to rush out a Batman solo flick, which resulted in him stepping down from the director's chair and seems to have been one of the catalysts for Affleck likely leaving the role altogether.

Plus, Reeves landed the job while he was in the finishing stages of another film. For all the talk about how Reeves has had the gig for a year, it seems pretty likely that he only really started working on The Batman in Summer 2017 once War was good to go, which was what everyone was assuming would be the case when he got the job in the first place.

I assume Warner Bros originally wanted The Batman to be their summer 2020 tentpole which would be reasonable since they hired Reeves last year, I'm sure if they have other DC films that can fill the void, The Flash now has directors and SS2 shoots in October then they'll be happy to push it back a year if Reeves needs more time.

I assume Warner Bros originally wanted The Batman to be their summer 2020 tentpole which would be reasonable since they hired Reeves last year, I'm sure if they have other DC films that can fill the void, The Flash now has directors and SS2 shoots in October then they'll be happy to push it back a year if Reeves needs more time.

I don't want to wait another 3 years to see Batman on the big screen.

Eh, I can't really fault Reeves here. Part of why fans are going to be waiting so long is because Warner Bros pushed way too hard on Affleck to try and get him to rush out a Batman solo flick, which resulted in him stepping down from the director's chair and seems to have been one of the catalysts for Affleck likely leaving the role altogether.

Plus, Reeves landed the job while he was in the finishing stages of another film. For all the talk about how Reeves has had the gig for a year, it seems pretty likely that he only really started working on The Batman in Summer 2017 once War was good to go, which was what everyone was assuming would be the case when he got the job in the first place.

Oh of course I don't want WB to rush him like they did with Ben, this is what I said in the earlier posts

I think it's fair enough for WB's new team to ask Reeves what's he been up to, like, is he gonna take 3 years from now? can they start production next year or not, what does he think about Chris McKay and Batgirl etc. I certainly don't want the Affleck situation but I think if you're a director of Batman you need to let the new leaders know when your thing is gonna be ready, like 2 years or 5 etc.

I watched his Apes movie last year, it was great, and I also gave him the benefit of the doubt of when he started working on Batman, I am assuming he's had a long break and he only started at the end of last year or even start of this year. With the way he worked with Apes movies, the Batman film should be ready by the end of 2020 (Dawn 2014, War of Apes 2017), even if he's REALLY slow, have it by 2021, but if beyond that, 2022 would be 4+ years from now, he's either working on something else, or he's been incredibly slow for his own standard.

Looks like Aquaman, Shazam, WW2, SS2 and Flash will be the next batch of films released, with Joaquin's Joker movie somewhere in between, these will fill up WB's 2019 and 2020.

They could have Batman and Superman ready for 2021, that's 3+ years for Mr Reeves to complete one movie, which I think is more than reasonable amount of time for someone like him.

and maybe they'll make Batgirl by then, where female superheroes might not be that ground breaking then, who knows.

So who else is hoping Batman faces the Legion all alone in this film. That would be amazing. It would truly show just how cunning and durable Batman could be.

I'd like to have multiple villains showcases in this film. In addition to Joker

So who else is hoping Batman faces the Legion all alone in this film. That would be amazing. It would truly show just how cunning and durable Batman could be.

Not me. More than one villain is okay depending on the execution, but I'd much prefer this film to be a tighter/focused and more intimate/introspective Batman tale with mystery/thriller elements, as opposed to a huge action extravaganza that is jam-packed with villains and other characters.

Zero chance of it being Batman vs. the LOD anyway.

I'd like to have multiple villains showcases in this film. In addition to Joker
I'd rather sit out the movie.

Looks like Aquaman, Shazam, WW2, SS2 and Flash will be the next batch of films released, with Joaquin's Joker movie somewhere in between, these will fill up WB's 2019 and 2020.

They could have Batman and Superman ready for 2021, that's 3+ years for Mr Reeves to complete one movie, which I think is more than reasonable amount of time for someone like him.

and maybe they'll make Batgirl by then, where female superheroes might not be that ground breaking then, who knows.

Gosh I hope not, thats way too long!

Not me. More than one villain is okay depending on the execution, but I'd much prefer this film to be a tighter/focused and more intimate/introspective Batman tale with mystery/thriller elements, as opposed to a huge action extravaganza that is jam-packed with villains and other characters.

Zero chance of it being Batman vs. the LOD anyway.

To be honest, your avatar reminded me of a really good way to write a good Batman movie. You make it in the same way that Walter B. Gibson wrote the Shadow pulps.

Write a crime drama (with a particular member of Batman's Rogues Gallery) where the villain actually wins, even after the police do everything they can to try and stop them.

Then rewrite said crime drama but incorporate Batman to basically screw the villain's day up. It could work.

IF Reeves wants to do other stuff before coming back to Batman in 5-6 years, he should just leave and let other talents take over, and Reeves can come back in 10 years.

IF he's holding Batman in his back pocket, no employers need to put up with that, unless if you're Scorsese etc.

Sorry not trolling here, just pointing out the situation there.

If they've got no one else in their stable that can do Batman justice they'll have to. And without lube.

Maybe Ben can jump back in after he's replenished his scarred spirit.

There are plenty of talents who'd love to tackle Batman...if not they can always turn to Sir Ridley Scott haha. The good Martian Scott not Prometheus Scott

IF Reeves takes up his Netflix projects now, they might be able to get denis villeneuve and release the movie before Reeves :oldrazz:

If this isn't out before 2021, then they have serious probs.

I'm sure Gyllenhaal won't wait forever for the role.

Either Affleck stays or he goes and Gyllenhaal takes over. But WB should get this decided sooner rather than later.

It really shouldn't take Reeves all of 2018 to write a script, so if he's not ready to start shooting by next summer then something's definitely wrong there.

If this isn't out before 2021, then they have serious probs.

I'm sure Gyllenhaal won't wait forever for the role.

Either Affleck stays or he goes and Gyllenhaal takes over. But WB should get this decided sooner rather than later.

100% spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"