Matt Reeves Directing The Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about Reeves' agent's playin hardball. I was wondering if it's in the context of Time Warner & ATT merger? WB can easily afford Reeves.

Was there ever a source that he wasn't attached?

No, but John Campea's dog's trainer's friend's nephew's dog trainer has close ties to WB who sourced it.

No, just people immediately speculating and creating some panic because his name wasn't on the press release for the Reeves announcement.

I have a measured optimism for this. This could be great if all the variables line up but with the winning studio that is WB, could still find a way to **** this up.

I'm seeing speculation on Twitter that Joe Manganiello (also not mentioned in the release) is out. No matter what the revisions of the script, this is not going to happen.

They invested the money in conceptualizing, manufacturing and testing the Deathstroke suit. He'll be in the film in some capacity.

Also, people are pointing to his being cast in Rampage as reason that he'll have a scheduling conflict. Who is the star and producer on Rampage? Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

The Rock isn't going to steal an asset that the DCEU needs to succeed when he is a member of the DCEU. He'll work with the studio and Manganiello to make it work.

Also, judging by the enthusiasm and prep that Manganiello is putting into the role (his interview on the D&D Podcast a couple weeks ago) he's still in the film.

Justin Kroll of Variety has finally published (outside of Twitter) that Chris Terrio's latest script has pleased both WB Pictures and Ben Affleck. That's a big deal to report officially.

I think this film is back on solid ground.

-R

Good news. Hopefully

A) WB doesn't screw things up with Reeves and cause him to walk

B)WB will step back , and let Reeve make the film the way he wants to make it ,and not try to force shared universe and set up nonsense into his version of the Batman with or without Affleck.

I'm seeing speculation on Twitter that Joe Manganiello (also not mentioned in the release) is out. No matter what the revisions of the script, this is not going to happen.

They invested the money in conceptualizing, manufacturing and testing the Deathstroke suit. He'll be in the film in some capacity.

Also, people are pointing to his being cast in Rampage as reason that he'll have a scheduling conflict. Who is the star and producer on Rampage? Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

The Rock isn't going to steal an asset that the DCEU needs to succeed when he is a member of the DCEU. He'll work with the studio and Manganiello to make it work.

Also, judging by the enthusiasm and prep that Manganiello is putting into the role (his interview on the D&D Podcast a couple weeks ago) he's still in the film.

Justin Kroll of Variety has finally published (outside of Twitter) that Chris Terrio's latest script has pleased WB Pictures and Ben Affleck. That's a big deal to report officially.

-R

I honestly would not care if they lost Joe. I don't think anyone, but Joe would care.

I have a measured optimism for this. This could be great if all the variables line up but with the winning studio that is WB, could still find a way to **** this up.

Hopefully

A) WB doesn't screw things up with Reeves and cause him to walk.

Good to see other people expressing the same excitement as myself :o :woot:

With WB's track record, I won't feel confident until Reeves gets in the director's chair and starts directing.

He's a better choice than Affleck or the rest. But he's not a Savior. He can be. But it doesn't mean people should breathe a sigh of relief.

Justin Kroll of Variety has finally published (outside of Twitter) that Chris Terrio's latest script has pleased both WB Pictures and Ben Affleck. That's a big deal to report officially.

-R
Its happened before. Don't act like they can't drop Joe, even at this stage.

Terrio did the same for BvS and Affleck and everyone loved his script. So sue me if that news does nothing for me. Especially if Justice League is also a mess.

Like I said the first time it was announced, I wish Reeves good luck, but I wont be looking forward anything about it until I actually see the movie for myself. Having a good director doesn't make the movie immune to being terrible, David Ayer already proved it. It all goes down to the producer and the studio and so far I ain't trusting them.

Good to see other people expressing the same excitement as myself :o :woot:

With WB's track record, I won't feel confident until Reeves gets in the director's chair and starts directing.

Yeah, we'll have to see given that WB as of late has a knack for fumbling the ball. I do like what i've read in the press release , especially the phrases "new take" and "emotional" in describing where they want to go.

It sounds like an actual solo Batman film as opposed to a DCEU film with is what I want.

Manganiello, or at least the character Deathstroke is in this film --if the report about Terrio's script is correct. Reeves is essentially taking over a live (pre) production. He isn't starting from the beginning. He's essentially jumping on a fast moving train.

It's nice to feel good about something involving the DCEU.

Manganiello, or at least the character Deathstroke is in this film --if the report about Terrio's script is correct. Reeves is essentially taking over a live (pre) production. He isn't starting from the beginning. He's essentially jumping on a fast moving train.

Which is similar to the situation when he did Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"