MCU: Phase II - Part 2

I felt Iron Man 3 definitely had more humor than past films, even turning two plot points (Mandarin and Tony's PTSD) into jokes. Thor 2 felt consistent with the past films in terms of humor. In the case of IM3, I felt that all of the humor worked very well but I did feel there was too much of it.

I have no idea why anyone would say Phase 1 didn't take chances or risks. The entire plan and TA was a chance/risk. Phase 2 seems to continue this with the Mandarin twist, turning Loki into more than a villain, and the gamble that is GOTG.

In terms of the solo films I think Phase 2 is a bit better than phase 1. IM3 was awesome imo, I loved the twist and the final fight sequence was kind of cool even tho we didn't get to see many unique features from the different suits. It was a much more intelligent film than the others imo (managed to write up a pretty solid paper for one of my uni classes on propaganda media using the movie as a basis :D). Thor 2 was a step up overall from the original tho the first fight scene against the frost giants is yet to be topped. Had they given the movie a bit more time to flesh out Malekith and dropped some of the floundering around the portals in favour of serious 1 on 1 action I would have liked it a lot more.

Cap 2 looks great, way more excited about Falcon than I thought I would be (please don't let him be the one under that sheet!!) and Rocket and Groot have already stolen my heart, its gonna be the best.

Nothing touches the Avengers tho so I tend not to compare it to the solo films.

I found Iron Man 1 better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 1 better than Thor 2. So right now I don't think Phase 2 is a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"