MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
well without Marvel having Fan 4 and x-men most there leading ladies are non-existent unfortunately.

They've got...

- Ms Marvel (who stands the greatest chance),
-She-Hulk,
-Elektra (who probably wont get another film any time soon)

- Wasp (who wont ever get a solo),
-Sif (see wasp),
-Valkyrie (see Sif),
-Tigra (see Val)... (see a pattern)

unfortunately most of marvel's epic females are X-men, and Sue Storm. :(

Black Widow may some day get a solo... who is probably tied with Ms Marvel on that.

also... they've expressed interest in the Inhumans, in which... Medusa has a massive role and would need to be the lead Actress... her and Black Bolt (who doesn't talk) are the leaders after all

But you wouldn't get Sue or any of the X-ladies in a solo movie of their own. They always appear in the context of their respective teams. Marvel has all the females who are more individuals in their own right and could potentially headline a film: Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Elektra, Black Widow etc.

But you wouldn't get Sue or any of the X-ladies in a solo movie of their own. They always appear in the context of their respective teams. Marvel has all the females who are more individuals in their own right and could potentially headline a film: Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Elektra, Black Widow etc.

Eh i don't know about that. There's certainly a couple iconic x-women who could probably carry a solo

I really can't see it. I mean, yeah characters like Phoenix and Storm and Rogue are iconic X-characters but never really worked outside of that context

I really can't see it. I mean, yeah characters like Phoenix and Storm and Rogue are iconic X-characters but never really worked outside of that context

It just depends on the story they wish to tell

yes, but they will surely also have possible sequels Thor 3, Cap 3, Gotg 2, Hulk 2, Iron Man 4, could all still be included in Phase 3....

you can't have EVERYTHING be new

Oh yeah, of course they'll release some sequels in Phase 3.

Well by that reasoning then, if Fox wished to tell a Sue Storm story, they could make a solo Invisible Woman movie.

Well.... Truth be told there's some x-women who do have a couple stories outside of the Xmen team....
Sue however.... Does not

After this years mavel movies and news in general the ground work will have been laid and we should have a good idea where they are going with phase II. Something tells me IM III won't give to much away. Between T:TDW and the other casting, trailers, story updates, etc we should know a bit though.

well, the first big clue to the phase 2 metaplot has arrived: the subtitle 'Universe' seems to indicate a very cosmic oriented phase. not sure how TWS fits into this...

well, the first big clue to the phase 2 metaplot has arrived: the subtitle 'Universe' seems to indicate a very cosmic oriented phase. not sure how TWS fits into this...
Don't forget this quote by Feige in SFX magazine last month:
“I’m not looking at Phase One as grounded and Phase Two as cosmic and Phase 3 as magic. The films are all so eclectic and different from each other that you can’t overarchingly categorize them like that. If and when we enter the magic arena, it will be through Doctor Strange. Sure, obviously. And that’s to me what’s exciting about Doctor Strange.”
I think it's important not to try and force all of the Phase 2 movies into a neat little box with a bow on it. I would not be concerned one bit if there was nothing cosmic at all in either IM3 or CA:TWS (sub-orbital armor notwithstanding).

Don't forget this quote by Feige in SFX magazine last month:
I think it's important not to try and force all of the Phase 2 movies into a neat little box with a bow on it. I would not be concerned one bit if there was nothing cosmic at all in either IM3 or CA:TWS (sub-orbital armor notwithstanding).

that is not what I meant at all

http://collider.com/thor-2-images-ant-man-movie-images/

If you guys haven't had the chance to **** in your pants at the sight of all yet, well here you go. Ant-Man looks amazing. Guardians looks epic. And Winter Soldier looks pretty damn boss. Oh....and Rocket Raccoon is a badass. And they did a pretty good job with Falcon, at least in the concept art. Just so much to take in, can't wat for Phase 2!!!

i would have preferred energy wings for Falcon, he looks a bit too much like how a movie Vulture would look imo... but all very well and exciting!

Man, I love how Marvel is so capable at bringing comic characters to life without changing them too much. Yes there's changed but you can still tell Cap is Cap, Iron Man is the same, Thor and now looking at those Antman images....and even Falcon! So awesome.

It makes me even more frustrated that Marvel can't get X-Men and Spider-Man.

Man, I love how Marvel is so capable at bringing comic characters to life without changing them too much. Yes there's changed but you can still tell Cap is Cap, Iron Man is the same, Thor and now looking at those Antman images....and even Falcon! So awesome.

Yeah, I've been frustrated too, but at this point I'm resigned to the way things have turned out. I mean, without Fox and Sony's early successes and failures, Marvel Studios could never have been created in the first place.

That piece of artwork with Cap fighting Winter Soldier is amazing!

http://collider.com/thor-2-images-ant-man-movie-images/

If you guys haven't had the chance to **** in your pants at the sight of all yet, well here you go. Ant-Man looks amazing. Guardians looks epic. And Winter Soldier looks pretty damn boss. Oh....and Rocket Raccoon is a badass. And they did a pretty good job with Falcon, at least in the concept art. Just so much to take in, can't wat for Phase 2!!!

Marvel is definitely owning the movies. I couldn't get any more excited about Phase II!

Ms Marvel and Black Panther deserve a solo movie in phase 3 if not then then soon. As much as I love the MCU it's turning into too much of a boy's club and that's not interesting at all. Other females characters can come in other films or maybe in the S.H.I.E.L.D. show i.e. Spider-Woman, Mockingbird, Cloak and Dagger(I know cloak is a guy).
Also if Bendis (as much as everyone hates him not me though) if he can get his Heroes For Hire take with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones off the ground this could spell even better news for a H4H with the originals movie. Loeb also stated they're looking at the original H4H franchise for a film like how they did with Guardians so this could mean they might be coming in Phase 3.
Personally I think Marvel is looking to completely expand the universe beyond mostly sequels for their big three. I know Feige and Loeb have both hinted at it and the inclusion so far of 2 new properties in Phase 3 could mean that that's the phase that they expand the universe even more.

Phase 3 will already have 3 new properties in it I can't see them adding all the ones you're talking about as well.

I felt this way until I realized that MS could never field this many movies themselves anyway. They already have their hands full with Avengers-related stuff twice a year, there is no way they could do X-Men and Spidey, each of which are franchises on their own, in addition.

I do wish MS could get the Fantastic Four back, and I wish some kind of agreement could be made that would bring Fox and Sony's productions into the MCU banner, if only to satisfy my geeky need for continuity.

I wish marvel studios could expand with at least one sister studio. A marvel knights studio would be great. Also a marvel MAX studio would be pretty cool.

Phase 3 will already have 3 new properties in it I can't see them adding all the ones you're talking about as well.
3? The only confirmed ones are Ant-Man and Dr. Strange. And they can actually add more new properties if they want to if they push Avengers 3 to a 4 year gap instead of a 3 year one giving them more time to expand the universe.

I felt this way until I realized that MS could never field this many movies themselves anyway. They already have their hands full with Avengers-related stuff twice a year, there is no way they could do X-Men and Spidey, each of which are franchises on their own, in addition.

I do wish MS could get the Fantastic Four back, and I wish some kind of agreement could be made that would bring Fox and Sony's productions into the MCU banner, if only to satisfy my geeky need for continuity.
With Disney footing the bill and now having an in-house special effects team they could continue putting out X-Men and Spider-Man films along with FF films and all of their films too.
I wrote this in another thread but they could do something like this if they had all the IPs back:
2016: Black Panther, Thor 3, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Dr. Strange
2017: GotG 2, Cap 3, X-Men 3, Ms Marvel
2018: Fantastic Four 2, team up film other than Avengers, Ant-Man 2, Inhumans
2019: Dr Strange 2, Avengers 3, Ms Marvel 2, Heroes for Hire(Luke Cage/Iron Fist)
In just 4 years they could introduce 4 new character/s films while putting out sequels to Sony and Fox Marvel properties and sequels to all of their properties

^ Inhumans is definitely happening, so it's three.

Also, if Marvel can't produce more than two right now after Avengers, why would they suddenly be able to produce twice as many in less than 5 years? It's not like they don't have Disney backing them right now.

Also, I don't like using the term saturation, but they'd be dangerously close to putting out too much with that kind of schedule.

^ Inhumans is definitely happening, so it's three.

Also, if Marvel can't produce more than two right now after Avengers, why would they suddenly be able to produce twice as many in less than 5 years? It's not like they don't have Disney backing them right now.

Also, I don't like using the term saturation, but they'd be dangerously close to putting out too much with that kind of schedule.

How is Inhumans definitely happening? Until it's confirmed by someone from Marvel it's all speculation. I definitely want it to happen don't get me wrong but that doesn't mean it is.
And if you think about it that's pretty much how its going to look from now on.
2013: IM3, The Wolverine, Thor 2
2014: Cap 2, XM: DoFP, TASM 2, GotG
2015: FF Reboot, Avengers 2, Ant-Man
In the next 3 years we're getting a steady 3-4 Marvel films every year now and that's going to continue so it's not much different from my list

And they aren't producing more than two films because that's all Marvel Studios can produce. If they tapped into the Disney well they'd definitely be able to pump out 4 films a year. And every film wouldn't be 200 M plus budget wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"