Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

Namor is my absolute fav new character and the Talokan. Kalama Khan is going to shock everyone who things she's a mutant :nuhu:
I like Namor a lot and am looking forward to seeing where he pops up next. Same goes for Kamala although we already know she will be up next in The Marvels.

I wouldn't doubt if there is a movie coming like Black Panther style for Namor. A stand-alone of Namor and Talokan.. the community and world-building them. For me, Namor is the most compelling character since T'Chala. It's so sad even more now to have seen Namor on screen and knowing he would never interact with CB. I kept imagining a lot of the scenes w Shuri imagining that it was Chadwick instead. Bec it was meant for him, probably, as the script was written. Especially that scene at the end of the movie where Shuri and Namor come back after their fight riding on that ship to pronounce a truce between Wakanda and Talokan. That was totally meant for Chadwick not Shuri imo.

I wouldn't doubt if there is a movie coming like Black Panther style for Namor. A stand-alone of Namor and Talokan.. the community and world-building them. For me, Namor is the most compelling character since T'Chala. It's so sad even more now to have seen Namor on screen and knowing he would never interact with CB. I kept imagining a lot of the scenes w Shuri imagining that it was Chadwick instead. Bec it was meant for him, probably, as the script was written. Especially that scene at the end of the movie where Shuri and Namor come back after their fight riding on that ship to pronounce a truce between Wakanda and Talokan. That was totally meant for Chadwick not Shuri imo.
Yeah, a huge shame that Chadwick isn't here and the film is not the same without him. I am very interested in Namor going forward and would love a solo - if the rights situation has been sorted out. I'm not up to date on that.

Yeah, a huge shame that Chadwick isn't here and the film is not the same without him. I am very interested in Namor going forward and would love a solo - if the rights situation has been sorted out. I'm not up to date on that.
Last I checked it's still a big ? And that it's in the same situation as the Hulk rights.

I thought Emergency Awesome Charlie had reported back before both Hulk and Namor are resolved. However, I cannot state that for sure. Like, I don't have a link. Ppl know I think that some characters cannot appear in solo films.. due to the rights problem. But Banner w Skaar (sp?) son of Hulk and She-Hulk, isn't that being set up for WWHulk? PlanetHulk whatever?

I need to see Namor in solo film.

I thought Emergency Awesome Charlie had reported back before both Hulk and Namor are resolved. However, I cannot state that for sure. Like, I don't have a link. Ppl know I think that some characters cannot appear in solo films.. due to the rights problem. But Banner w Skaar (sp?) son of Hulk and She-Hulk, isn't that being set up for WWHulk? PlanetHulk whatever?

I need to see Namor in solo film.
Emergency Awesome is a very click baity and misleading channel, so I wouldn't take the stuff he says seriously. Having said that, there were rumors last year that supposedly the Hulk distribution rights with Universal were gonna end in 2023 but there hasn't been much traction with that other just speculation.

Emergency Awesome is a very click baity and misleading channel

Oh my... that's what in my community we call "The Judgment Brooch". Did someone hand it to you for this statement?? jk

But for real, I have been watching Charlie for many years and whatever else he's done for shameless plugs, he's been rather accurate over time. I began to think he had some agreement w Marvel to disseminate information. I agree in the last some few years or months his "advertising" for what he is talking about is just ridiculous, like "Wakanda Forever & X-Men Easter Eggs" just insanity. Other than the word "Mutant" being used in that movie for the first time ever in the MCU, that's about it.

Do you have favorite yt channels for MCU stuff? I like Eric Voss and Armin of ComicBookCast2. If anyone knows more, I am interested. Armin imo is overall best, he digs the 411 and reports accurately and it's both DC and Marvel.

Oh my... that's what in my community we call "The Judgment Brooch". Did someone hand it to you for this statement?? jk

But for real, I have been watching Charlie for many years and whatever else he's done for shameless plugs, he's been rather accurate over time. I began to think he had some agreement w Marvel to disseminate information. I agree in the last some few years or months his "advertising" for what he is talking about is just ridiculous, like "Wakanda Forever & X-Men Easter Eggs" just insanity. Other than the word "Mutant" being used in that movie for the first time ever in the MCU, that's about it.

Do you have favorite yt channels for MCU stuff? I like Eric Voss and Armin of ComicBookCast2. If anyone knows more, I am interested. Armin imo is overall best, he digs the 411 and reports accurately and it's both DC and Marvel.

Eww. Armin's a bottom feeder, in my opinion. I don't know if he does this anymore, but there was a point where he'd milk several videos on the same topic in the same day. He's no better than anyone else in scooper madness.

I like Emergency Awesome. He‘s not so much into covering Scoopers like MyTimeToShine or CanWeGetSomeToast like others do. He‘s mostly covering the legit news, that’s comfirmed by Deadline or Hollywood Reporter.

After seeing BP: WF, my updated rankings for Phase IV:
  1. Spider-Man NWH
  2. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  3. Thor: Love and Thunder
  4. Shang-Chi
  5. WandaVision
  6. Doctor Strange MoM
  7. Moon Knight
  8. Werewolf by Night
  9. Loki
  10. Black Widow
  11. Hawkeye
  12. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  13. Ms. Marvel
  14. Eternals
  15. What If…
  16. She-Hulk

You know I would find fascinating? A piece on the overall planing of phase 4, given how at various times it went fom 6 films in length to 10 films before ending up at 7.

You know I would find fascinating? A piece on the overall planing of phase 4, given how at various times it went fom 6 films in length to 10 films before ending up at 7.
I'm assuming you're referring to when Feige announced new films during the Disney 2020 investors video. If so he wasn't specifically referring to phase 4 only projects and was just giving a general overview of their future projects. So films like Quantumania and The Marvels were never intended to be part of phase 4. Guardians 3 was though but that had to do with Gunn getting fired then rehired.

I'm assuming you're referring to when Feige announced new films during the Disney 2020 investors video. If so he wasn't specifically referring to phase 4 only projects and was just giving a general overview of their future projects. So films like Quantumania and The Marvels were never intended to be part of phase 4. Guardians 3 was though but that had to do with Gunn getting fired then rehired.
I was actually referring to his Comic Con announcement from 2019, and the 'Marvel celebrates the movies' spot from 2021. Going by the former, it would seem that Love and Thunder would be the last film of phase 4. The latter made it seem like the next 4 films had been folded into phase 4. In the end, only Wakanda Forever was added. I know a lot of this had to do with covid, but it would still be fascinating to learn how they ultimately determined how this phase would shake out.

My Phase 4 rankings thus far:

great:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home
2. Shang Chi
3. Wandavision
4. Loki
5. Hawkeye

good:

6. Wakanda Forever
7. Multiverse of Madness
8. Black Widow
9. Ms. Marvel

okay:

10. She-Hulk
11. Moon Knight
12. What if

bad/disappointing:

13. Thor L&T
14. Eternals
15. Falcon & Winter Soldier

(I'd also put GOTG Holiday and Werewolf By Night in the GREAT category, but I forgot about them and don't feel like re-doing everything lol)

--A--
> Loki
Spider-Man | No Way Home

--B--
Shang-Chi & The Legend Of The Ten Rings
> Hawkeye
> WandaVision
+ Werewolf By Night

--C--
> The Falcon & The Winter Soldier
> Moon Knight
> She-Hulk