Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

My guess is Secret Invasion. They get to stick with the ending for Cap that they like and Chris could play a Skrull Cap like in EMH.

But what would be the point in a Skrull mimicking a (presumably young) version of Cap? Everyone would know something was up.

I don't think it will be much more than a cameo as old steve, or voice acting in What If?

But what would be the point in a Skrull mimicking a (presumably young) version of Cap? Everyone would know something was up.

I don't think it will be much more than a cameo as old steve, or voice acting in What If?

True, good point. Whatever capacity Chris comes back, I don't think they are going to touch main timeline Cap. I think both the studio and Chris were happy with the resolution of that story.

Deadline are saying its a supporting role like RDJ after Iron Man 3. My guess is a cameo in a Disney+ show and supporting role in the next Avengers movie. Whether thats Secret Wars or whatever.

I don't see them reversing the Endgame ending (at least not anytime soon), so it could be a small role as Old Man Steve. Also they could potentially do a movie set in the past. There was a period of about 2 years that he was active during WW2. The article states it may be a supporting role, so maybe like an Invaders movie or something?

Last edited:
Plus we can get the Howling Commandos, and Bucky too depending on the timeline.

And our newly recast Red Skull...

This actually sounds like a cool Disney+ show.

But I’d also dig a Peggy and Steve Disney+ show set in their branch reality, maybe 1950s-60s?

I don't really think they should be messing about with prequels and interquels and such. I feel like it kind of takes away from the Avengers if Cap actually had multiple hitherto unmentioned adventures involving Wolverine and Namor and the Human Torch etc. Part of his arc is about waking up not just in a modern world, but in a world filled to the brim with other super heroes. The simple straight-forward warfare he knew is gone.

Honestly I'm wary of bringing Cap back in any way that isn't a brief flashback or a mentor role as an old man before he passes. His story ended pretty perfectly, I think it's too soon to reverse his endgame fate or bring in multiverse Caps. And I don't want them to retcon loads of super-heroes and villains into his WW2 campaign.

Really? I could see all three joining, no problem. Ruffalo seems to love playing Hulk—a few scenes here and there & a couple weeks work across multiple MCU projects & he’s set to go off and explore his independent/art house projects & activism. Tessa Thomspon too, and I could see Marvel pushing the Lee/Kirby art for Silver Surfer’s aesthetic that should go hand-in-hand with Strange.
Yeah seeing Strange, Hulk, Valkyrie and Surfer together would be amazing. Hopefully it can happen.

Isn't Evans too old now to come back as Cap, even in a flashback? Look how old he was at the end of Endgame. There would be a noticeable difference. :o

Phase 4 must mention vampires and mutants exist as soon as possible!

before introducing Blade and X-men

Vampires don't especially need some vast introduction. We know magic and supernatural forces exist, rare bloodsucking monsters can just fall under that purview. All that is required is that vampires were rare for most of recent history, thus explaining their lack of prior prominence and exposure. The why for them not being rare any longer can easily be handled in Blade ( "Word on the street is that about a decade ago, the wizards screwed up big time, letting some kind of dark magic back into the world. Ever since its like every bloodsucking critter imaginable just crawled out of its grave." ).

Phase 4 must mention vampires and mutants exist as soon as possible!

before introducing Blade and X-men

vampires exist in Sony's Spiderverse, according to Morbius, that is releasing soon, but I don't know if Marvel Studios is allowed to cross-reference stuff from Sony's Spiderverse

Nova and Ghost Rider are two characters Feige seems to be interested in doing at some point. He mentioned Captain Britian has been discussed as well.

Marvel still has some good characters that have not been adapted yet to the MCU yet.

Ghost Rider would be delightful.

Isn't Evans too old now to come back as Cap, even in a flashback? Look how old he was at the end of Endgame. There would be a noticeable difference. :o
They could deage him like what they did to Michelle Pfeiffer, Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Douglas.

Nova and Ghost Rider are two characters Feige seems to be interested in doing at some point. He mentioned Captain Britian has been discussed as well.

Marvel still has some good characters that have not been adapted yet to the MCU yet.
Yeah I seriously would take those instead of another solo movie for Deadpool and the Wolverine.

Yeah if Keaton is really playing Toomes in Morbius so Sony universe set in MCU
But Morbius become vampire by lab'experiences, accident. not an original vampire like Deacon Friost ...

Feige must tell vampires and mutants already exist since long time ago, as soon as possible

I’m interested in both of those. I think plans for Nova might already be in progress. Hopefully Ghost Rider is on the radar too as I’d love to get Midnight Sons one day.

I have a feeling all 2021 planned mcu movies would be delayed again any day from now. Every studio is now delaying 2021 movies. A lot of either move it to August 2021 to early 2022. I'd move to Black Widow in November, Shang Chi in February 2022, Spidey 3 in March 2022 and Eternals in May 2022. That way we could still get Dr. Strange and Thor in 2022. Black Panther definitely ain't coming out neXt year.

I just hope they don't pull a Ww84 into any of these upcoming films.

I get the feeling, based on WandaVision alone, that Monica Rambeau is going to be a fan favorite character in the MCU for years to come.
I’m really looking forward to a Cap Marvel team up of Rambeau, Danvers and Khan at some point.

It feels like Phase 4 is going to be the longest phase that Marvel Studios has done for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, in terms of Disney Plus and the movies.

It feels like Phase 4 is going to be the longest phase that Marvel Studios has done for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, in terms of Disney Plus and the movies.
If it was just films it wouldn't be too long compared to Phase 3 but the shows really bulk it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"