Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

That could be huge! I hope it happens.

Here's the quote:

“Captain Marvel‘s shooting right now with Brie Larson,” he said. “Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we introduce Captain Marvel.”

I'm not sure how the Thunderbolts would work.

Yes, Zemo is still alive, although captured. I guess you could add Toomes and Schultz to the team, not sure about Gargan though. Mordo hasn't gone full villain yet.

I'm not sure how the Thunderbolts would work.

Yes, Zemo is still alive, although captured. I guess you could add Toomes and Schultz to the team, not sure about Gargan though. Mordo hasn't gone full villain yet.

Abomination and Batroc are still alive as well.

Whiplash could also be brought back. Mickey Rourke once said the entire reason they shot the ending that way (where neither Rhodey or Tony witness his death and it's just assumed since his suit was about to self destruct) was so that they could potentially bring him back for a future movie.

Of course, Mickey Rourke hates Marvel. But hey, they could always recast.

My current guess for the Phase IV line-up:

Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Black Widow
Dr. Strange 2
Ant-Man 3
Spider-Man: Homecoming threequel
Eternals
Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Fantastic Four Reboot
X-Men Reboot
Avengers 5
A new property (Probably Nova but I could see Thunderbolts being another possibility with Agents of Atlas being my wildcard since Jimmy Woo is appearing in Ant-Man and the Wasp)

I think Marvel will take slightly longer break than the standard three year gap for that franchise and not release Avengers 5 until 2023 since we are getting two Avengers film within a year of one another. They'll also most likely stick with releasing three films a year, leaving us with a total of 13 films. I also expect Spider-Man to be the first character since Iron Man to get more than one film in a single phase due to Sony mandating it.

My idea for thunderbolts doesn’t involve prior villains, other than Zemo and maybe one or two others. Characters like Mach IV, Songbird, etc. could be shown in a montage fighting proper heroes, then losing. Guardians introduced an entire cast of brand-new characters well. With a competent director, good writers, and a studio that knows what they’re doing, Marvel could introduce their characters the way suicide squad did, except a million times better.

I really hope Dr Strange features in more team up events.

They are not ditching the old guard while they are still profitable. There’s no guarantee that Captain Marvel or Black Widow are going to be a huge success like Black Panther. They will do well in USA but overseas female led movies don’t do well. Wonder Woman had the same problem which stopped it from being a monster hit. So I’m almost certain unless the original line up won’t renew their contracts they will be around for a few more years. That’s just smart albeit obvious business sense.

A couple may stay on, but RDJ and Evans are almost certainly leaving.

Sounds like a good lineup. Maybe Thor will be around too as he also seems to have just got going. Cap and Iron Man have had a great run but I think there is more that Hulk and Thor could give us.

I think Thor sticks around in the MCU but he migrates to the Guardians/Cosmic side of thing. Basically what I envision happening is that all the space franchises over the next decade like Guardians, Nova, Warlock, future Thor sequels etc. will cross-over with each other, and then all the earth-bound franchises will cross-over with each other. But cosmic and earth-bound franchises will mainly intersect only during big events, with a few franchises like Eternals, F4 and Captain Marvel standing in both circles.

I think Thor sticks around in the MCU but he migrates to the Guardians/Cosmic side of thing. Basically what I envision happening is that all the space franchises over the next decade like Guardians, Nova, Warlock, future Thor sequels etc. will cross-over with each other, and then all the earth-bound franchises will cross-over with each other. But cosmic and earth-bound franchises will mainly intersect only during big events, with a few franchises like Eternals, F4 and Captain Marvel standing in both circles.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of the cosmic side of the MCU and how they all interact with each other.

I doubt they bring either of them back.

People said the same thing about William Hurt yet he came back to play Thunderbolt Ross in Civil War and Infinity War.

Tim Roth did a reddit AMA and said he is interested in playing Abomination again.

I think it is unlikely Batroc or Abomination but it isn't something to completely rule out.

Kevin Feige got asked about the Leader and Abomination returning while doing press for Thor Ragnarok. He said the topic of bringing back characters comes up often. They will bring characters back if it fits in with the story they are trying to tell.

So with news of there being plans for Kamala and Feige previously saying there was a lot of interest in Nova at the studio, I wonder if they may eventually plan on building to a Champions/Young Avengers-style teen team.

That would be fun. Great way to bring vision back, or at least a form of him. I wonder what the legalities of miles are?

So with news of there being plans for Kamala and Feige previously saying there was a lot of interest in Nova at the studio, I wonder if they may eventually plan on building to a Champions/Young Avengers-style teen team.

That would be fun. Great way to bring vision back, or at least a form of him. I wonder what the legalities of miles are?

Great idea :up:

Whiplash could also be brought back. Mickey Rourke once said the entire reason they shot the ending that way (where neither Rhodey or Tony witness his death and it's just assumed since his suit was about to self destruct) was so that they could potentially bring him back for a future movie.

Of course, Mickey Rourke hates Marvel. But hey, they could always recast.
Ingenious on a directing standpoint. But rather foolish as well.

What I never understood is both The RAFT and SHIELD exist. Why not have one of these top secure agencies hold the villains that are defeated. Instead of writing them off as deceased until you need to pull a reason why their alive out of your ass.

I'm looking at you Red Skull. :loco:

Red Skull came back so I see no reason of why Abomination or Batroc wouldn't return too. Zemo is also a very likely possibility. He could even have ties with Doctor Doom due to his military background.

Red Skull came back so I see no reason of why Abomination or Batroc wouldn't return too. Zemo is also a very likely possibility. He could even have ties with Doctor Doom due to his military background.

There's nothing left to do with Batroc. The Red Skull was different. That said, the Abomination and Samuel Sterns are dangling threads too.

Abomination and Justin Hammer are the ones I'd like to see returning.

What I never understood is both The RAFT and SHIELD exist. Why not have one of these top secure agencies hold the villains that are defeated. Instead of writing them off as deceased until you need to pull a reason why their alive out of your ass.

I'm looking at you Red Skull. :loco:

Red Skull isn't a good example for the point you're making. Neither SHIELD or the Raft existed at the time of his "death". Death is in quotes because we never knew if the character really died, just that he was sucked up into a tesseract portal. There was fan speculation about his return as soon as that first Cap movie was released, because the character is one of Cap's main villains in the comics...during WWII and in modern times.

I'd like to see :
Ms. Marvel
Nova
Moon Knight
Captain America (Bucky)
Falcon
F4

I'm expecting:
Spiderman HC 2, possibly 3
Thor
BW
BP 2
GotG 3
Captain Marvel 2
DS 2
Ant-Man 3
A5

If they wait 3 years for A5, this gives it 3 movies a year for build up.

Abomination and Justin Hammer are the ones I'd like to see returning.

Why is that?
I think the Abomination and Samuel Sterns are a dangling thread. It's been at least 7 in-universe years since the end of The Incredible Hulk and it's just been forgotten that the technology exists to give people Hulk/Abomination powers. Showing that the US military can make that type of Super Soldier would make the universe more coherent, and Secretary Ross could volunteer for the procedure.
If they bring back Justin Hammer, I want the status quo to change to the US government having Iron Man technology. It strains credibility that Tony Stark can keep hoarding multiple fields of science for more than 10 years.

It's cool to see people already excited about it.

dh4ZLM7.png

ur0Mqgl.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"