BLACK WIDOW - July 31, 2020
DOCTOR STRANGE 2 - November 6, 2020

THOR 4 - May 7, 2021
ANT-MAN 3 - July 30, 2021
ETERNALS - November 5, 2021

BLACK PANTHER 2 - February 18, 2022
AVENGERS 5 - May 6, 2022
CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 - July 29, 2022

Disney will be pissed with Coogler if he can't get a sequel to Marvel's highest-grossing solo film out by 2021. When Iron Man was a huge hit, they got a sequel out in two years.
You also forgot Spider-Man 3.3 in 2021.

Black Panther 2 will definitely get a higher priority than Ant-Man 3 unless by some miracle the latter also grosses a billion. And while I can see another Thor movie as a possibility, I think they'll hold off for a little bit. A potential slate:

2019: Spiderman 2

2020: Guardians 3 (Ft. Thor)
2020: Black Widow
2020: Doctor Strange 2

2021: Spiderman 3
2021: Black Panther 2
2021: Eternals

2022: Nova
2022: Captain Marvel 2
2022: Cosmic Team-Up Movie

2023: Black Widow 2
2023: Ant-Man and The Wasp 2
2023: Spiderman Vs. The Sinister Six
2023: Thor 4 (Final Thor movie)

2024: Doctor Strange 3
2024: Eternals 2
2024: Black Panther 3
2024: Avengers 5

Black Panther 2 will definitely get a higher priority than Ant-Man 3 unless by some miracle the latter also grosses a billion. And while I can see another Thor movie as a possibility, I think they'll hold off for a little bit. A potential slate:

2019: Spiderman 2

2020: Guardians 3 (Ft. Thor)
2020: Black Widow
2020: Doctor Strange 2

2021: Spiderman 3
2021: Black Panther 2
2021: Eternals

2022: Nova
2022: Captain Marvel 2
2022: Cosmic Team-Up Movie

2023: Black Widow 2
2023: Ant-Man and The Wasp 2
2023: Spiderman Vs. The Sinister Six
2023: Thor 4 (Final Thor movie)

2024: Doctor Strange 3
2024: Eternals 2
2024: Black Panther 3
2024: Avengers 5

Move the Ant-Man threequel up a year, canceling "Cosmic Team-Up Movie". Black Widow is supposed to be a prequel set in 1992, so don't expect sequels unless it's more profitable than Doctor Strange. So expect Avengers 5 in her place.
I don't expect Eternals to be successful, but they'll HAVE to do a sequel if the original ends with Celestials on Earth to judge it.

Move the Ant-Man threequel up a year, canceling "Cosmic Team-Up Movie". Black Widow is supposed to be a prequel set in 1992, so don't expect sequels unless it's more profitable than Doctor Strange. So expect Avengers 5 in her place.
I don't expect Eternals to be successful, but they'll HAVE to do a sequel if the original ends with Celestials on Earth to judge it.

That alll sounds pretty reasonable, but do future Spidey films fall into these release dates or will they have their own?

I was hoping Black Widow would be a prequel set in the 90s, It would act as a follow on to Captain Marvel for Fury but allow Danvers herself to continue her story in the modern MCU. Do you have a source for info as to the setting?

I can't see Eternals being successful either but I do think it could help to set up future appearances of Olympians and Atlanteans even if only initially through dialogue reference.

They want the movie to star Scarlett Johansson. She'd be a child in the 90s.

Was just going to say that.

Don't know where the idea of it being set in '92 came from, it's clearly untrue. They might, and probably will have some flashbacks to Nats early years, but it can't be the main body of the film and still star Scarlett.

Disney will be pissed with Coogler if he can't get a sequel to Marvel's highest-grossing solo film out by 2021. When Iron Man was a huge hit, they got a sequel out in two years.

Completely different situations. They needed to push IM2 out because they weren't ready to roll on Thor and Cap and had nothing else. The consensus is IM2 isn't as good as it could have been.

There's no need to rush BP2, it'll make bank whenever it's released and giving it proper time in development is better, Marvel have a bunch of other films to get to in the mean time.

Plus, isn't Coogler making another film right now?

Last edited:

I think a non-Avengers team-up movie is likely because it diversifies the MCU brand. Rather than having this set rota of a phase capped off with an Avengers movie, the MCU can move into the territory of more fluid crossovers. Smaller crossovers, crossovers involving separate parts of the MCU. It also allows the Avengers franchise to rest after the climax of Infinity War/A4.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that Black Widow will be a prequel. That seems like it would be incredibly regressive to me. The MCU needs to move forward.

Ant-Man had to wait 4 years for a sequel this time around; unless the sequel does a lot better it will have to wait the same for the next instalment.

Eternals is a risk, but there's no reason it can't be successful.

2018 from 2015 isn't 4 years. Also unlike in 2015/2016, Marvel is now releasing three films per year.

2018 from 2015 isn't 4 years. Also unlike in 2015/2016, Marvel is now releasing three films per year.

Yeah my mistake, for some reason I had Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2019 in my head.

ETA: Nonetheless, I don't see Ant-Man as a huge priority for Marvel. Ant-Man's income was modest by Marvel's standards. Unless Ant-Man and the Wasp does a lot better, the Ant-man franchise will have to work around other franchises and wait for an open slot. 2022 seems about the right time for the first big team-up movie after A4 - be it an Avengers film or some other team up. A big crossover event like that can confidently make 1 billion, whereas an Ant-Man threequel is probably more in the ballpark of 700 million.

Last edited:
TBH as long as they make $, they will make the movie LOL..

Of course, they will, but when they have franchises capable of making a billion dollars per film, Ant-Man is a relatively small (no pun intended) venture.

I would still love a tales from the crypt style man thing movie

Is there a possibility to have another film in Fall 2019?
There is such a big gap between spiderman and GOTG 3

Of course, they will, but when they have franchises capable of making a billion dollars per film, Ant-Man is a relatively small (no pun intended) venture.

By that logic every series would have been shelved in favor of The Avengers, as it's the only franchise able to produce billion dollar movies per film. Black Panther might be, but we'll see with BP2 (personally I see it grossing less).

I think Ant-Man 2 will see a gross close to the other MCU series in the $700-$800 million range.

Hannah John-Kamen says she'd be up for a Thunderbolts movie.

Hannah John-Kamen says she'd be up for a Thunderbolts movie.

I really, REALLY hope they don't skip the Masters of Evil in the Avengers series. Going straight from villains never having worked in a group to "lol we're the Thunderbolts" would be such a waste.

With several trades announcing that Indiana Jones 5 not making its July 10, 2020 release -- I fully expect Disney to bump up the second MCU 2020 title to that spot within the next few days.

My predictions?

May 1, 2020 -- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July 10, 2020 -- Black Widow
November 6, 2020 -- Doctor Strange 2

May 7, 2021 -- Black Panther 2
July 30, 2021 -- Captain Marvel 2
November 5, 2021 -- Eternals

February 18, 2022 -- Ant-Man 3
May 6, 2022 -- Black Widow 2
July 29, 2022 -- Inhumans

With several trades announcing that Indiana Jones 5 not making its July 10, 2020 release -- I fully expect Disney to bump up the second MCU 2020 title to that spot within the next few days.

My predictions?

May 1, 2020 -- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July 10, 2020 -- Black Widow
November 6, 2020 -- Doctor Strange 2

May 7, 2021 -- Black Panther 2
July 30, 2021 -- Captain Marvel 2
November 5, 2021 -- Eternals

February 18, 2022 -- Ant-Man 3
May 6, 2022 -- Black Widow 2
July 29, 2022 -- Inhumans

You nailed 2020, but summer 2021 will have a Spider-Man sequel and Marvel Studios hasn't had two-year turnaround on a sequel since Iron Man 2. So bump CM2 down to May 2022 and remember that Kevin Feige hates the Inhumans so much he got Marvel Studios surgically extracted from Ike Perlmutter's Marvel Entertainment by Iger.

remember that Kevin Feige hates the Inhumans so much he got Marvel Studios surgically extracted from Ike Perlmutter's Marvel Entertainment by Iger.

Not sure how him having a problem with Perlmutter = he hates the Inhumans.

This poster often doesn't display logic and loves twisting meaning.

1+1 = 4

Apparently we're supposed to feel sorry for Coogler because he was saddled with Boseman and didn't cast him (does Coogler feel sorry for himself?), and who 99% of critics had nothing positive to say about him in BP.

The situation is pretty easy to read. It was on the Phase 3 slate when Marvel Studios was part of Marvel Entertainment, then it disappeared, then ME did it for television. When asked if he wished he'd done it as a film by Uproxx, Feige said
[Laughs] You’re breaking up, Mike. I can’t hear you. You’re breaking up…

The situation is pretty easy to read. It was on the Phase 3 slate when Marvel Studios was part of Marvel Entertainment, then it disappeared, then ME did it for television. When asked if he wished he'd done it as a film by Uproxx, Feige said

That doesn't necessarily mean he hates the Inhumans at all. Using them as an X-Men proxy in the MCU perhaps.

It is known that Feige and Perlmutter did not get along. Supposedly Perlmutter was super cheap and they butted heads over movie budgets, movie scores (it's been said they kept changing composers from film to film to keep from paying residuals to the original composers), Perlmutter's racist views, etc.

If you want to pretend it was all about hatred for The Inhumans...okay.
533.gif

Pretty sure BP 2 is the Feb 2022 release because they really want Coogler back and he looks to unavailable in time for any of the 2021 releases.

That 2020 guess looks 100% solid -- after that I agree that SMH3 will be 2021 as they try to finish Spider-Man's high school arc before Holland is too old looking.

God I wish they could close the Fox deal and get the FF into that 2021 May slot.
If they could get director, script and cast in the next 15 months -- then they'd have 19 months for production and post-production. Considering that SMH2 starts shooting in July 2018 for an August 2019 release (13 months and GotG3 starts in January 2019 for a May 2020 release (17 months) -- I'd say they could get FF done with an even longer shoot than both of those (if they need it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"