MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Out of curiosity for the 3/10 times where Strange wins, how do you think it happens?
Actually hurting Thor or banishing him with a portal?

Batmannerism said:
Strange doesn't kill - hippocratic oath
On the other hand he engineered the deaths of Thanos and his army.

Out of curiosity for the 3/10 times where Strange wins, how do you think it happens?
Actually hurting Thor or banishing him with a portal?

On the other hand he engineered the deaths of Thanos and his army.

I see Strange winning by keeping Thor off balance long enough to:

- trap him in a time loop or de-age him to infant Thor.
- transform Thor's lightning into butterflies, after which Thor storms off in embarrassment
- blind Thor with the cloak of levitation, and then tie his boot laces together.
- banishing him in a part of the multiverse from which he cannot return ( like the mirror dimension or Ibiza)
- transform him into a harmless form.....like a frog ( a nice reference dropped in Ragnarok about the classic storyline).
- open a portal under him and close it when he's part way through.
- send him home crying with his withering sarcasm.
-some other random effect, because Strange's powers are a bit like that ( who knew he had a spell for turning a flood into a waterspout? ) He has a bunch of random effects in his battle with Thanos that are hard to describe ( e.g.turning a black hole into butterflies, making an object burn people if they try to take it off him )

So something like that. What the MCU shows time and time again is that on any given day a stronger character can be beaten by a weaker one - under the right circumstances ( eg Cap vs Iron Man, Valkyrie taking down Thor so easily- because she has a weapon against which he has no defence ).
While Thor should beat Strange handily most of the time - it's possible under some circumstances for Strange to win.

Second, Strange foresaw a possible future which assisted in the resurrection of trillions of beings that Thanos killed - the line of argument you are pursuing is very similar to the one that points out that Luke Skywalker committed mass murder when he destroyed the Death Star. While you have point, I suggest the greater good argument is a strong rebuttal.

Thor wins a shut out........................but a close one. Next up:

Black Widow
Natasha-Romanoff-Black-Widow-Avengers-Endgame-2019-avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-42974429-268-336.gif

Vs Nebula

original.gif

Who you got peeps?

Thor wins a shut out........................but a close one. Next up:

Black Widow
Natasha-Romanoff-Black-Widow-Avengers-Endgame-2019-avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-42974429-268-336.gif

Vs Nebula

original.gif

Who you got peeps?

Depends on which weapons Natasha has. Nebula has crazy self repair functions ( after being hit by a bazooka blast in GOTG) but can still be disabled or killed by a well placed shot.

Not sure if Natasha's guns would do the trick but her stingers might scramble Nebula's cybernetics.

In hand to hand both are skillful - slight edge to Nat but Nebula is more durable and stronger, which was a big problem for Nat vs Proxima in IW

I think the decisive factor is that Nat is tactically smarter and less crazy and emotionally unstable than Nebula.

I would say that if Nat can get her hands on a weapon which will take Nebula out ( might even be one of Nebula's weapons) then she wins.

I'll go Nat 6/10 and Nebula 4/10.

Nebula should win.

Sure, they're both master assassins with traumatic backstories but only one of them is superhuman and we've seen Widow struggle against low level superhumans before (Winter Soldier, Proxima).

I don't like Natasha's chances against an enemy that can survive huge falls and RPG blasts, punch through spaceship windows and who apparently almost succeeded in assassinating Thanos off screen.

Strange foresaw a possible future which assisted in the resurrection of trillions of beings that Thanos killed - the line of argument you are pursuing is very similar to the one that points out that Luke Skywalker committed mass murder when he destroyed the Death Star. While you have point, I suggest the greater good argument is a strong rebuttal.

Oh, I was just pointing out Strange's hippocratic oath doesn't stop him from killing if he has to. Strange was obviously right to engineer Thanos death.

Superheroes with inflexible no kill rules are fools in my book. Thanos was a threat to the entire universe and needed to die. Even Joker's filled entire graveyards since Batman first let him live.

Last edited:
Nebula

Stronger and more durable. She's been put through the wringer far more than Nat.

We have a 2-2. Me and Batmannerism vote Black Widow. :cwink: Next up

IronMan
giphy.gif

vs Rocket and Groot

652f520b542e17ea47b694d724a58b10ea3261ead426dd15a87e522b68f36690.gif

Who you got peeps?

Last edited:
I vote Iron Man.

The strength, flight speed and durability advantage just seems like too much.

Rocket might have the firepower to bring Tony down eventually but it seems unlikely he'll get the chance.

Nebula wins 3-0.

2-1 I think. Batmannerism voted for Black Widow.

I vote Iron Man.

Rocket might have the firepower to bring Tony down eventually but it seems unlikely he'll get the chance.

Really?! That changes everything! Will edit it!

I vote Iron Man.

I did vote Natasha - but narrowly, I'm a sucker for underdogs.

Rocket and Groot v Tony is hard. Give Rocket a little prep time to set some traps and this gets very close. In the end I'll say Tony, because he can generate a blast powerful enough to melt Bucky's arm, and I suspect that would seriously injure Groot. Rocket might have some toys that would slow Tony down but unless he's got something that would take out the arc reactor Tony's going to be able to power through whatever Rocket throws at him - unless he has amulax,...or harbulary batteries and a detonator.

I'd say Tony wins 7/10 times and R and G the other 3.

I also think it would be split with R&G winning some and Stark winning others. If Groot somehow managed to get a hold of Stark it would be game over but Stark would probably not let that happen. Let's say 2 times out of 10 Rocket manages to some way outwit Stark on one aspect that leads to Groot being able to help in the fight. Otherwise Stark first takes out Rocket and then can take his time with Groot who can't get to him while in the air. Stark win.

If Groot somehow managed to get a hold of Stark it would be game over but Stark would probably not let that happen.

As much as I like Groot, I'm not sure he'd beat Tony in close quarters anyway.

The Iron Man suit has better strength feats (punching through concrete, lifting cars and tanks) and better durability feats (colliding with fighter jets, shrugging off tank shells, surviving inside the helicarrier turbine and even taking a few hits from Thor). Plus all that firepower.

Last edited:
As much as I like Groot, I'm not sure he'd beat Tony in close quarters anyway.

The Iron Man suit has better strength feats (punching through concrete, lifting cars and tanks) and better durability feats (colliding with fighter jets, shrugging off tank shells, surviving inside the helicarrier turbine and even taking a few hits from Thor). Plus all that firepower.
All true.

Stark isn’t going to be worried by physical blows from Groot, but what about strength? As in could Groot for eg pull the limbs off the suit if he got hold of Stark? Also Groot can lose external parts of himself to blasts without suffering too much lol. 1 on 1 Stark will murder either of these guys without breaking a sweat. It would have to be the teamwork and their history of fighting together, with Rocket using Groot in the right way for them to have a chance together. And I still see them losing 8/10 fights.

Iron Man

R&G are a formidable duo but Tony's firepower would prove to be too much for them.

Ironman wins 5-0. Next up:

Captain America
T7m2Zk.gif

Vs. Drax the Destroyer
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Interesting.

The obvious analysis would seem to be that Drax is much stronger while Cap is much more skilled and has his shield (which could protect him from Drax's strength and probably hurt Drax a lot as well). But thinking on it more I also remembered that Drax got instantly laid out by Ronan while Cap actually temporarily held up the much more powerful Thanos with just raw strength and determination. So I'm not sure how big Drax's strength advantage really is in the first place.

Cap takes this one I think, but it would be a very interesting fight to watch.

Im gonna say Drax my reason is two fold.

One simply down to his insane durability shown in GOTG 2 bouncing off all those trees and just laughing it off after. I don't think in terms of durability Cap has a comparable feat. Durability Edge Drax

Two Cap's arsenal doesn't have any piercing weapons which would really sway in the fight in his favour, while he can surely stun and maybe even ko Drax with his shield Drax can definitely be more deadly with his knives. Weapons Edge Drax
gif-drax.gif

It's a much closer fight than it would be in the comics. Drax is way weaker in the MCU, whereas MCU Cap's actually stronger than the 616 version.

Going by feats, Drax is way more durable and maybe stronger. Cap is still strong and durable enough to put up a fight though, plus he's faster, more agile, far more skilled and he should be able to hurt Drax with his shield.

I vote Cap but it wouldn't be easy.

Last edited:
Cap wins. Strength and toughness are important but smart fighters usually come out on top, and nobody is tactically smarter than Cap. Cap went toe to toe with Ultron so he's going to be able to take a few hits from Drax.

Also Cap is a master of using his environment to his advantage ( eg vs Spidey in CW) . Unless they fight in a small, empty room Cap will find a way to make the surroundings work for him.

Cap's shield has cut through steel elevator cables and Iron Man's armour, so its edge is more than likely capable of harming Drax - maybe not via an impact but through a cutting attack.

Cap

Far more skilled than Drax. However, Drax's durability and strength wouldn't make it an easy victory for Cap.

Cap wins 5-1. Next up:

The Winter Soldier
giphy.gif

vs the Punisher

giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

I mean skill wise they're both basically the same character except only one of them actually has superpowers. Winter Soldier wins.

Yeah, this seems like another mismatch.

They have very similar skills and ruthlessness but Winter Soldier is a Captain America level superhuman and Frank can't compete with that.

As both are so good with guns I think close quarters might not even come in to play. However I still favour Bucky simply because he's had to deal with the quicker, stronger and more agile threats like Cap and The Outriders to name a few.

Plus he also seems to have the better tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"