MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Seems like a mismatch.

Red Skull's the weakest super soldier in the MCU (he took a flawed version of the super soldier serum, didn't train and mostly stayed away from the frontlines) and he fights like an old timey brawler. He lost to a young Cap who hadn't learned martial arts yet.

MCU Spidey is too strong, too durable and too agile for Schmidt to stand a chance against. Even the rookie version of Peter with no spider sense from Civil War would win this fairly easily.

Next up:
The Amazing Spiderman

giphy.gif

If this were the Amazing Spider-Man (i.e. Andrew Garfield) then it's an extremely one sided fight. Amazing Spidey isn't just stronger, tougher and more agile, he's way too fast for most MCU characters to keep up with.

Last edited:
Hey man! Grow a sack and pick one! :argh:

I picked one in my first post. Iron Man - because your rule is that the fight is based on the pictures and you used Panther's Cw suit (which I agreed can't protect him against IM's weaponry).

The rest was just casual conversation on the side because the BP suit isn't in the fight anyway.

It isn't that much of a mismatch. He handled Cap in the First Avenger pretty easily at times. :argh: .............but point taken. Spidey(Holland's Spidey since it's the only one set in the MCU)wins 3-0. Next up:

Thor and Valkyrie
anigif_sub-buzz-5525-1557251827-1.gif

Vs. Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Thor and Valkyrie

Far too durable for Wanda and Pietro to take out. Sure, Wanda could get angry and go full force against them but she's also a glass cannon and can be taken out easily.

It isn't that much of a mismatch. He handled Cap in the First Avenger pretty easily at times. :argh: .............but point taken. Spidey(Holland's Spidey since it's the only one set in the MCU)wins 3-0. Next up:

Thor and Valkyrie
anigif_sub-buzz-5525-1557251827-1.gif

Vs. Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

So the safe bet is Thor and Val to win, but I don't think it's as clear cut as that.

Not sure how much damage Quicksilver could do, his real value is as a distraction to keep Thor from killing Wanda with a ranged attack - if it's Wanda vs Val, then Val is in big trouble. Alternatively, if Pietro is killed in front of Wanda, she might be able to release enough force to incapacitate both Thor and Val at once.

One on one, Wanda could kill either of them with a full force attack, when she's pissed off she's ridiculously powerful - she nearly killed Thanos. There's also her telepathy and mind manipulation that everyone's ignored since A of U - which affected even Thor.

If QS can distract Valkyrie while Wanda crushes Thor to a pulp then she has a good chance of taking Val out as well.

It really depends on who gets first strike advantage. If Thor takes them out with lighting then it would be over really quick.

I would say that if you ran this fight 10x, then Thor and Val win 6 times and QS and SW win 4 ( Wanda kills Thor, Val probably kills QS but then is obliterated by Wanda ).

So I say Thor and Val, but not as convincingly as some might suggest.

So the safe bet is Thor and Val to win, but I don't think it's as clear cut as that.

Not sure how much damage Quicksilver could do, his real value is as a distraction to keep Thor from killing Wanda with a ranged attack - if it's Wanda vs Val, then Val is in big trouble. Alternatively, if Pietro is killed in front of Wanda, she might be able to release enough force to incapacitate both Thor and Val at once.

One on one, Wanda could kill either of them with a full force attack, when she's pissed off she's ridiculously powerful - she nearly killed Thanos. There's also her telepathy and mind manipulation that everyone's ignored since A of U - which affected even Thor.

If QS can distract Valkyrie while Wanda crushes Thor to a pulp then she has a good chance of taking Val out as well.

It really depends on who gets first strike advantage. If Thor takes them out with lighting then it would be over really quick.

I would say that if you ran this fight 10x, then Thor and Val win 6 times and QS and SW win 4 ( Wanda kills Thor, Val probably kills QS but then is obliterated by Wanda ).

So I say Thor and Val, but not as convincingly as some might suggest.

I would type out a whole argument but I pretty much agree with this one entirely so it'd just be a waste of time. Thor and Val by a hair.

(Though funnily enough, if we had the faster Fox Quicksilver instead, that would probably be enough to flip the advantage since I doubt Thor would ever be able to actually hit him.)

I would type out a whole argument but I pretty much agree with this one entirely so it'd just be a waste of time. Thor and Val by a hair.

(Though funnily enough, if we had the faster Fox Quicksilver instead, that would probably be enough to flip the advantage since I doubt Thor would ever be able to actually hit him.)

Fox Quicksilver and MCU Scarlet Witch would win this handily - even bullets stand still when he's moving at speed, no way he'd have died the way MCU Quicksilver did, he'd probably redirect Stormbreaker to hit Valkyrie and steal Thor's artificial eye before anyone saw him move.

Thor and Valkyrie should win this 9 times out of 10.

Wanda's a threat but
  • if any of Thor's attacks get past her shields then it's game over. I'm not sure whether her forces fields could block Stormbreaker.
  • if she tries to use her TK to grab hold of Thor and start to gradually crush him (a la Thanos) then that'll leave her open to Thor's lightning (he can still use it if he's restrained) or to Valkyrie.
  • If she's smart she could maybe use her telepathy to take out Valkyrie. I can't see her getting close enough to use it on Thor if he's cloaked in lightning.

Quicksilver's fast but the Asgardians are far too durable for him to hurt and Thor will be cloaked in lightning anyway. He can help out as a distraction and maybe push Wanda out of the way of an attack or two to prolong the fight but I don't think it changes the outcome.

Last edited:

Wanda's a threat but
  • if any of Thor's attacks get past her shields then it's game over. I'm not sure whether her forces fields could block Stormbreaker.
  • if she tries to use her TK to grab hold of Thor and start to gradually crush him (a la Thanos) then that'll leave her open to Thor's lightning (he can still use it if he's restrained) or to Valkyrie.
  • If she's smart she could maybe use her telepathy to take out Valkyrie. I can't see her getting close enough to use it on Thor if he's cloaked in lightning.

Quicksilver's fast but the Asgardians are far too durable for him to hurt and Thor will be cloaked in lightning anyway. He can help out as a distraction and maybe push Wanda out of the way of an attack or two to prolong the fight but I don't think it changes the outcome.
You're not biased! :rolleyes:

Wanda's a threat but

Thor has sort of used a "lightning cloak " against the zombies in ragnarok ( and looked really cool) but otherwise..... I think you're overstating its usefulness a bit. Wanda didn't restrain merely Thanos, she nearly killed Thanos - could Thor use his lightning while being torn apart ? Possibly, he didn't use any against the Black Order or Thanos while on the Asgardian ship after getting a beat down or while restrained by Ebony Maw, or after Loki had been killed in front of him..... ( maybe he can't summon lightning in space because there's no atmosphere ? Who knows ?)

Did he use much lightning against Thanos in Endgame ?

I agree that QS probably can't hurt the Asgardians too much - although was capable of smashing Ultron drones to pieces, so he's going to at least be able to annoy/distract them.

I agree that Thor and Val have the edge but given how powerful Wanda has become I suggest it's not as big an edge as you might think and that Thor's lightning may not be as decisive as you think.

Could Wanda block Stormbreaker? Well Thanos couldn't stop it with a blast from the full gauntlet, but could catch it with his hand and block it - so who knows ?

Again agree to disagree.

Thor has sort of used a "lightning cloak " against the zombies in ragnarok ( and looked really cool) but otherwise..... I think you're overstating its usefulness a bit.
In Ragnarok, he was cloaked in lightning that was disintegrating undead Asgardians that got too close to him.

Not a problem to anyone who can withstand a little lightning (e.g. Iron Man, Thanos, Hela etc) but Wanda's a glass cannon and Quicksilver's a fragile speedster so it matters in this fight.

And so do the bolts he can summon from the sky just by thinking it.

Wanda didn't restrain merely Thanos, she nearly killed Thanos
Sure. I never said otherwise.

She grabbed Thanos and was gradually crushing him. She could do the same to Thor. But in the same way Thanos called in an air strike to get out of it, Thor could call down lightning.

Could Thor use his lightning while being torn apart ?
My guess is he could. We've already seen him summon a huge lightning bolt to escape Hela choking him to death, straight after she'd stabbed him multiple times and cut out his eye.

Could Wanda block Stormbreaker? Well Thanos couldn't stop it with a blast from the full gauntlet, but could catch it with his hand and block it - so who knows ?

I just realised the picture's from Ragnarok so no Stormbreaker in this fight anyway.

I still reckon Thor and Val win without it but probably not as easily.

You're not biased! :rolleyes:

Not totally. If this was Fat Thor or the early MCU Thor with Mjolnir then Wanda would have a very good chance of taking him out.

However, Ragnarok/Infinity War Thor is just too damn durable, and has too many ways to get past her shields.

Last edited:
Thor has sort of used a "lightning cloak " against the zombies in ragnarok

Not just in Ragnarok, mind. He also used it in IW:

6541440-6380576965-Lonel.gif

You can see the lightning coming off his body as well as the extra bolts raining down from the sky in the corner of the screen.

If even one of those bolts touches Pietro or Wanda, they're getting Ko'd or killed.

could Thor use his lightning while being torn apart ?

Can Wanda react before Thor instantly eviscerates her with a bolt of lightning from the sky (which he can now summon instantly, btw)?

6241842-8544867730-giphy.gif

Wanda has never reacted to anything as fast as that.

Possibly, he didn't use any against the Black Order or Thanos while on the Asgardian ship after getting a beat down or while restrained by Ebony Maw, or after Loki had been killed in front of him..... ( maybe he can't summon lightning in space because there's no atmosphere ? Who knows ?)

We didn't see that fight, so there's no point speculating about it. Thor was already battered and bleeding by the time the scene starts so we have no idea how the fight went down. Also, Thor's reluctance to use his lightning may have also been due to him not wanting to accidentally destroy the ship and cause all his people to get sucked into the vacuum of space.

Did he use much lightning against Thanos in Endgame ?

No, but this is rather more the exception than the rule for Thor at this point. EG is the only movie where we never see Thor hit an enemy with a lightning blast from Mjolnir/Stormbreaker or summon lightning from the sky. This was probably due to him having spent 5 years sitting on a couch playing Fortnite.

If he had used his lightning against Thanos, I suspect his fight with him would at the very least have gone on quite a bit longer. Cap was able to completely immobilise the Titan with it, so there's no reason why Thor couldn't have done the same.

Thor's feats over the entire course of the MCU (not just Endgame) show that lightning is one of his most frequently utilized abilities and your efforts to disprove this by citing the one movie where he didn't use it is just dishonest IMO.

Wanda could definitely stop it, but Stormbreaker isn't the key factor here; Thor's lightning is. Wanda has no way of reacting to it and cannot withstand even one blast from it. He can summon multiple bolts at once from numerous directions and she has no counter.

Not just in Ragnarok, mind. He also used it in IW:

6541440-6380576965-Lonel.gif

You can see the lightning coming off his body as well as the extra bolts raining down from the sky in the corner of the screen.

If even one of those bolts touches Pietro or Wanda, they're getting Ko'd or killed.

Can Wanda react before Thor instantly eviscerates her with a bolt of lightning from the sky (which he can now summon instantly, btw)?

6241842-8544867730-giphy.gif

Wanda has never reacted to anything as fast as that.

We didn't see that fight, so there's no point speculating about it. Thor was already battered and bleeding by the time the scene starts so we have no idea how the fight went down. Also, Thor's reluctance to use his lightning may have also been due to him not wanting to accidentally destroy the ship and cause all his people to get sucked into the vacuum of space.

No, but this is rather more the exception than the rule for Thor at this point. EG is the only movie where we never see Thor hit an enemy with a lightning blast from Mjolnir/Stormbreaker or summon lightning from the sky. This was probably due to him having spent 5 years sitting on a couch playing Fortnite.

If he had used his lightning against Thanos, I suspect his fight with him would at the very least have gone on quite a bit longer. Cap was able to completely immobilise the Titan with it, so there's no reason why Thor couldn't have done the same.

Thor's feats over the entire course of the MCU (not just Endgame) show that lightning is one of his most frequently utilized abilities and your efforts to disprove this by citing the one movie where he didn't use it is just dishonest IMO.

Wanda could definitely stop it, but Stormbreaker isn't the key factor here; Thor's lightning is. Wanda has no way of reacting to it and cannot withstand even one blast from it. He can summon multiple bolts at once from numerous directions and she has no counter.

If you disagree with me that's fine. You will note I end my post with " agree to disagree " which is what civilised people do when they see things differently.

Feel free to say that you disagree or that I'm wrong but if you're going to call me dishonest then I have no interest in discussing this further with you.

Thor and Valkyrie win 5-0. Next up:
Ebony Maw and Obsidian Cull
latest

Vs the New Avengers(with Vision not being able to phase) no War Machine either
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Vision (phasing or no phasing) and Scarlet Witch alone should beat Maw and Cull more often than not.

• Maw's TK isn't anywhere near as strong as Wanda's and even more decisively, he can't create force fields so has no defence against Vision's mind stone blasts.
  • Cull isn't strong enough to overpower Wanda's TK or to hurt a guy made out of vibranium.

Throwing in Cap and Falcon as distractions just makes it an easier win (I'm not sure Widow can help much).

New Avengers for the win.

Cull vs. Cap and Falcon: I reckon one of them (hell if Cull's super lucky even both could go down)

Maw vs. Scarlett Witch and Vision: Just can't see Maw being able to defend against Wanda & Vision at the same time and due to him being a glass cannon one hit (especially from Vision is all it would take)

For arguments sake ill say we are left with Cull vs. SW & Vision. SW could rip him apart like she nearly did Thanos and Vision could just punch a hole right through him.

Scarlett Witch isn't that gangsta though. She didn't try to do it with the other members of the Black order so not sure she would try it now.

Scarlett Witch isn't that gangsta though. She didn't try to do it with the other members of the Black order so not sure she would try it now.

To be fair, she did repeatedly throw Corvus/Proxima away like ragdolls and she was focused on trying to get Vision to safety.

If Team Cap hadn't showed up then I imagine she'd have gotten serious and squashed them/tore them apart with her TK.

New Avengers win 2-0. Next up:

Stormbreaker Thor

BigheartedShortArgali-max-1mb.gif

Vs. Doctor Strange
tumblr_p8onmySrzP1v3ttu4o2_540.gif

Who you got peeps?

Dr. Strange is another glass cannon situation. There's plenty of ways he can keep Thor busy just by opening portals and making things weird.

He keeps Thor at bay until Thor can land a good hit. Once he does it's all over, unless he can wear him down first.

Honestly standing in a field 1 on 1, Dr. Strange may win this just by wearing Thor down, confusing him, and finding ways to use his throws against him. He'd be totally focused on Thor without added distractions. Thor does way better in a straight on attack than he does having to think, plan, and constantly adjust.

Last edited:
Thor all day.

Like said above there's no chance Strange doesn't take one hit and one hit is all it takes.

I'll maybe be called biased again but I do think Thor wins.

Strange has a lot of tricks but ultimately can't really hurt Thor whereas Thor just needs to land one clean hit with his lightning, his hammer or even just his fists and it's game over.

Strange has a chance of trapping Thor in the mirror dimension if he's quick enough though. We don't know if the bifrost works there.

Last edited:
Strange has shown he can create force fields that can withstand Thanos wielding the infinity gauntlet. That is super impressive. And Thanos was not able to land a single death blow to Strange and he had chances............that same Thanos that Thor hit with all his power in the beginning of Infinity War and Thanos barely flinched. It's not as one sided as one may think.

Strange has shown he can create force fields that can withstand Thanos wielding the infinity gauntlet.That is super impressive.

Definitely impressive but I don't think it was a force field. He used a portal to send the blast from the power stone somewhere else. Then when Thanos broke the portal and threw it back at him, Strange turned it into butterflies.

The key question is, can Strange shield himself if Thor covers half the battlefield in lightning like he did against the Outrider army?

Or if Thor's attacking him head on, and he's summoning lightning from above, and he's thrown Stormbreaker to attack from another angle?

Thanos was not able to land a single death blow to Strange and he had chances

I don't think Thanos was seriously trying to kill Strange. Taking him alive was the only way he could get the time stone.

.....that same Thanos that Thor hit with all his power in the beginning of Infinity War and Thanos barely flinched. It's not as one sided as one may think.

I don't know about 'all his power', there was no lightning and that was right after Thor was beaten half to death in an off screen fight and then tortured with a power stone blast to the face.

Thor's lightning/fists/Stormbreaker all hit hard enough to easily take out Strange, he just needs to land a clean hit.

Last edited:
Strange has shown he can create force fields that can withstand Thanos wielding the infinity gauntlet. That is super impressive. And Thanos was not able to land a single death blow to Strange and he had chances............that same Thanos that Thor hit with all his power in the beginning of Infinity War and Thanos barely flinched. It's not as one sided as one may think.

Agree. Probably Thor but not by as wide a margin as thought. Strange doesn't kill - hippocratic oath, but some of his Spells are very impressive- he lasted one on one with Thanos with 4 infinity stones.

If Strange has the time stone he wins straight away.

I think the fight would probably last a while with Strange using lots of distractions and tricks to confuse Thor - maybe even getting rid of Stormbreaker with a clever portal. But, Thor really only needs one hit and Strange is down. So I'll say Thor 7/10 times and Strange 3/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"