MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

I'm going Captain Marvel. Vision is a pacifist. I don't see him stopping Carol that way. And with my vote, we end with a 3-3 tie.
4-3 I think.

Captain Marvel: Me, you, Batmannerism and Spider-Aziz
Vision: Jolldan, Bayne and Prehistoric Dog

:) Next up:
Bucky, Cap, Falcon, and Black Widow
View attachment 30553
images

Vs. The GotG
View attachment 30554

Who you got peeps?

In terms of superhuman characters it's
  • Cap (super soldier, master combatant, unbreakable shield); and
  • Winter Soldier (super soldier, master assassin)
vs
  • Gamora (a master assassin just as strong/fast as the super soldiers with a very OP sword)
  • Groot (stronger/more durable than Cap and Bucky but less skilled); and
  • Drax (also stronger and more durable than Cap and Bucky but less skilled).
And on the non-superhuman side, it's
  • Black Widow (world class martial artist, expert marksman with pistols and tasers)
  • Falcon (skilled pilot with bulletproof wings, missiles, submachine guns and a drone)
vs
  • Rocket (tech genius, expert marksman, overwhelming alien firepower)
  • Quill (very talented flier, strategist, expert marksman, overwhelming alien firepower and gadgets)
There are some good match ups here (e.g. Bucky vs Gamora and Falcon vs Quill) but overall the Guardians should win this thanks to the numbers advantage and superior firepower. And then Rocket probably takes Bucky's arm.

Last edited:
4: 3 I think.

vs
  • Gamora (a master assassin just as strong/fast as the super soldiers with a very OP sword)
  • Groot (stronger/more durable than Cap and Bucky); and
  • Drax (also stronger and more durable than Cap and Bucky).
  • Black Widow (world class martial artist, expert marksman with pistols and tasers)
  • Falcon (skilled pilot with bulletproof wings, missiles, submachine guns and a drone)
vs
  • Quill (strategist, expert marksman, overwhelming alien firepower and gadgets)
There are some good match ups here (e.g. Bucky vs Gamora and Falcon vs Quill) but overall the Guardians should win this thanks to the numbers advantage and superior firepower. And then Rocket probably takes Bucky's arm.
Well I take my vote out so it can end in a tie. I just wanted a tie man. :csad:

4-3 I think.

vs
  • Groot (stronger/more durable than Cap and Bucky); and
  • Drax (also stronger and more durable than Cap and Bucky).
vs
  • Quill (strategist, expert marksman, overwhelming alien firepower and gadgets)
Why he got to steal his arm? Because he wears a mask and is a raccoon?

QWd3LtD.gif

I go with team Cap.

Cap himself has defeated stronger and faster opponents ( e.g. Spider Man). Give Bucky some weapons ( like his AR 15 with grenade launcher ) and GOTG are in serious trouble.

Rocket is vulnerable to tasers, as is Gamora so I see Widow taking them out. Quill is just a guy, so if Sam has some space to fly I suspect he'd come out tops in an aerial duel.

People point out how tough Groot is but Cap's shield slices easily through steel elevator cables and if Bucky has some grenades then Groot is at risk of being turned into a walking bonfire.

The Guardians managed to force a draw against Spidey, Iron Man and Dr Strange ( 2 of whom are more powerful than all the Guardians put together) because Quill is a master of unconventional tactics - but Captain America is next level, and also adds an inspiration level to his team that cannot be underestimated.

If the Guardians had Mantis and or Yondu I would probably give them this one, as Mantis has a one touch KO power, but otherwise I see team Cap prevailing.

Fun matchup but gotta go with the Guardians. Physically they're a good matchup but the Guardians' craftiness and unpredictability is a huge advantage.

Fun matchup but gotta go with the Guardians. Physically they're a good matchup but the Guardians' craftiness and unpredictability is a huge advantage.

I would agree against any team who didn't have Captain America - but when you put him in the mix it tips the scales IMO.

If you subbed Cap out and put in War Machine or Spider Man, then the Guardians take this - but any team led by Cap is just about invincible against all but overwhelming odds/power.

I would agree against any team who didn't have Captain America - but when you put him in the mix it tips the scales IMO.

If you subbed Cap out and put in War Machine or Spider Man, then the Guardians take this - but any team led by Cap is just about invincible against all but overwhelming odds/power.

As much as I like the guy, I think you're overrating Cap here. In a no holds barred fight, War Machine is on another level and subbing him in for Cap would be a great swap. Way stronger, way more durable and way, way more firepower.
  • Cap vs Gamora would be very evenly matched.
  • Cap vs Drax would be a challenging, drawn out fight because of Drax's superior strength and durability.
  • Cap vs Groot is probably a win for Groot because Cap has no way of putting him down.
War Machine wouldn't have much trouble with any of them.

As much as I like the guy, I think you're overrating Cap here. In a no holds barred fight, War Machine is on another level and subbing him in for Cap would be a great swap. Way stronger, way more durable and way, way more firepower.
  • Cap vs Gamora would be very evenly matched.
  • Cap vs Drax would be a challenging, drawn out fight because of Drax's superior strength and durability.
  • Cap vs Groot is probably a win for Groot because Cap has no way of putting him down.
War Machine wouldn't have much trouble with any of them.

Respectfully disagree.

Cap vs Groot. Cap's shield cuts through steel cable with ease and we saw his wood chopping prowess in A of U, so after a few minutes Groot would be pile of kindling.

Cap v Drax. Drax is one tough son of a *****....but also not the smartest fighter. Cap wins.

Cap vs Gamora. This is the tough one because she's strong and skillful but not as much tactically gifted- I see Cap using an environmental advantage to defeat her similar to how he beat Spidey in CW.

Interestingly I also disagree as to War Machine"s chances against the Guardians - I see Rocket or Quill disabling his armour, maybe Drax ( although he could tear apart Xandarian guard drones with his bare hands).

While WM is more physically powerful than the Guardians he doesn't have their tactical sense, his powers are also tech based - which plays into Rocket's wheel house.

I think you're underestimating the value of superior tactics. How often has a weaker opponent overcome a stronger one with skill and tactics ? Iron Man was much stronger than Bucky and Cap and packed a lot more firepower, but together they took him down - and while you can argue that Tony wasn't trying to kill Cap, he was still hitting him hard and certainly trying to kill Bucky ( also Cap wasn't trying to seriously harm Tony ). Similarly Cap , Falcon and Widow took out Proxima and Corvus .

If this was the Guardians or team Cap against overwhelming might( like against Captain Marvel, Thanos , Hela or Thor) then no amount of tactical genius is going to give them the win - but
,when the teams aren't too much of a mismatch, tactics can be the decider.

Anyway we'll see how the poll turns out - I might be alone on this one.

I have to go with the Guardians.

Cap should be able to keep either Groot, Drax or Gamora busy, maybe even eke out a win (against Groot or Gamora, I don't think he can realistically hurt Drax by himself), but not an easy one and not a one versus two. None of them are as inexperienced as Spider-man was. Maybe Bucky could be a match for Gamora, but not for either of the other two.

Whatever happens there, that still leaves Rocket, Quill and either Drax or Groot up against Falcon and Widow. Falcon may be a great flier, but he can't match Quill's technology and Widow doesn't stand a chance against Drax or Groot. Which still leaves Rocket sneaking around in the background cobbling together some wacky technological trump card. Maybe if Nat tasered him the second the fight started, the Avengers would have a chance but who focuses on the tiny raccoon first when you're staring at opponents like Drax and Groot? I doubt that would happen, so really the whole fight is just buying time until Rocket plays the trump card and wins.

And even if it did happen, I still think Widow and Falcon would go down fast and even if Cap managed to take out Groot and Bucky managed to take out Gamora, you'd still have Drax who is capable of taking on both of them at once and Quill to overwhelm them with superior firepower and unconventional tactics (and Cap and Bucky would almost certainly be a LOT worse for the wear of their opening fights than Quill and Drax would be).

The Guardians will make this match last long enough to be interesting, but I'll give the eventual vote to Team Cap.

Next up:

IronMan
oZ990k1.gif

Vs
Loki
RssD.gif

Who you got peeps?

PS: Spider Aziz vote doesn't count.............just cause..........:argh:

First I'm assuming that you're kidding because @Spider-Aziz always counts, in fact he should count for 5 people - he and I totally disagree on a bunch of stuff , especially Spider Man, but he's always civil about it, a very classy dude.

Second.....Iron Man. Technically he's beaten Loki already ( in Avengers) while Cap looked surprisingly so-so against the god of Mischief ( Cap's noticeably stronger in subsequent films).

Given Loki's main weapons involve stabbing people by surprise and he's been floored by repulsors from a pretty early IM suit , I can't see him taking this one out. The nanotech suit would overpower Loki pretty quickly IMO.

Suggestion- Iron Man vs Dr Strange. Science vs Magic.

Eh, gotta disagree again.

It's a direct plot point that Iron Man didn't actually defeat Loki at all because Loki wanted to be captured. And being knocked off balance by a repulsor blast doesn't mean all that much when he literally just got right back up and had a (totally inconclusive) knock down, drag out with Thor with no problem.

Has any Stark tech ever seriously injured someone on that power level? Cause the best I can think of is that he got a single drop of blood from Thanos after throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him. I don't see him putting Loki down under any circumstances.

And that's without even considering the fact that Loki can do all sorts of black magic stuff, too, including walk right up to Tony looking like Pepper and stab him in the face.

Eh, gotta disagree again.

It's a direct plot point that Iron Man didn't actually defeat Loki at all because Loki wanted to be captured. And being knocked off balance by a repulsor blast doesn't mean all that much when he literally just got right back up and had a (totally inconclusive) knock down, drag out with Thor with no problem.

Has any Stark tech ever seriously injured someone on that power level? Cause the best I can think of is that he got a single drop of blood from Thanos after throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him. I don't see him putting Loki down under any circumstances.

And that's without even considering the fact that Loki can do all sorts of black magic stuff, too, including walk right up to Tony looking like Pepper and stab him in the face.

Fair enough to disagree.

I don't think you can remotely compare Thanos (or even Thor) and Loki in terms of resistance to injury. Even Cap lasted longer against Thanos one on one, whereas Thanos effortlessly broke Loki's neck. Loki is nowhere near Thor in terms of strength or toughness - the reason Thor hasn't beaten him to a pulpy mess is because he actually cares about his younger brother. In Ragnarok Thor gets slammed by Hulk much in the same way that Loki did in Avengers and gets up right away, Loki did not.

Could Tony drop him ? Well given that he stunned Cull Obsidian in Infinity War and, as you mentioned, drew blood from Thanos I suggest that he certainly could.

Conversely, who has Loki actually overcome in combat ( other than Hela's zombies, who could also be killed by bullets) rather than just mind controlled ?

We will see how the poll works out.

Seems like a close fight to me. We kind of saw them fight in Avengers but Loki wanted to be caught so I wouldn't really count it.

We did learn that repulsor blasts can knock Loki down and the Infinity War suit could probably do a lot more than that. The missile barrage and nanotech enhanced punches Tony used against Thanos should be enough to KO Loki after a few good hits.

On the other hand though, the version of Loki (from Thor 1) in the picture had weapons that could probably one shot Iron Man:
  • Gungnir (Odin's spear) which we've seen Loki use to parry Mjolnir, block Thor's lightning and knock back Thor with an energy blast. Thor used it to impale Hela so Loki should have no problem cutting the Iron Man suit.
  • The Casket of Ancient Winters which Loki used to almost instantly freeze Heimdall.
  • He also has daggers which can wound Thor and which we've seen Loki throw and one shot Frost Giants.
It could go either way but I think I'll vote Loki. He should be able to use his illusions to get close enough to take Tony out.

Last edited:
Iron Man lasted longer against Thanos.
First I'm assuming that you're kidding because @Spider-Aziz always counts, in fact he should count for 5 people - he and I totally disagree on a bunch of stuff , especially Spider Man, but he's always civil about it, a very classy dude.
That's alright. I've been interacting with Docker 2.0 for years, that's his form of humor.

Seems like a close fight to me. We kind of saw them fight in Avengers but Loki wanted to be caught so I wouldn't really count it.

We did learn that repulsor blasts can knock Loki down and the Infinity War suit could probably do a lot more than that. The missile barrage and nanotech enhanced punches Tony used against Thanos should be enough to KO Loki after a few good hits.

On the other hand though, the version of Loki (from Thor 1) in the picture had weapons that could probably one shot Iron Man:
  • Gungnir (Odin's spear) which we've seen Loki use to parry Mjolnir, block Thor's lightning and knock back Thor with an energy blast. Thor used it to throw it at Hela and impale her so Loki should have no problem cutting the Iron Man suit.
  • The Casket of Ancient Winters which Loki used to almost instantly freeze Heimdall.
  • He also has daggers which can wound Thor and which we've seen Loki throw and one shot Frost Giants.
It could go either way but I think I'll vote Loki. He should be able to use his illusions to get close enough to take Tony out.

Ummmm.....with Gungnir and the Casket of Ancient Winters that evens thr fight up a lot. I still go with Tony ( could Loki's illusions fool Tony's armour's sensors ? ) who has a big mobility advantage.

Second.....Iron Man. Technically he's beaten Loki already ( in Avengers) while Cap looked surprisingly so-so against the god of Mischief ( Cap's noticeably stronger in subsequent films).

Given Loki's main weapons involve stabbing people by surprise and he's been floored by repulsors from a pretty early IM suit , I can't see him taking this one out. The nanotech suit would overpower Loki pretty quickly IMO.

Of course I'm kidding. :whatever: We've been doing this for years.

And I don't think Iron Man beat Loki. Remember Loki wanted to be caught. Loki is suppose to be in Thor's league, a magician as well as one who can replicate himself. I don't think it would be easy as one thinks.

Of course I'm kidding. :whatever: We've been doing this for years.

And I don't think Iron Man beat Loki. Remember Loki wanted to be caught. Loki is suppose to be in Thor's league, a magician as well as one who can replicate himself. I don't think it would be easy as one thinks.

Okay I can accept that being caught was part of Loki's plan but that repulsor blast flattened him - the Nanotech suit is much more powerful. Give Loki the Casket of Winters and Gungnir and he has a chance but I still don't see how he can defeat Tony. Fool him, confuse him? Sure, but unless he tricks Tony into flying into a nuclear bomb blast I can't see Loki winning.

Also, Is MCU Loki really in Thor's league ? - in the comics definitely, but not so much in the films, otherwise they wouldn't need to do "Get Help !"

Hey, on that note.... Loki vs Dr Strange ! I go with the Dr but only by a hair !

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"