• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU X-Men - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know a lot about Kitty but does she really need to have an actual Jewish actor to play her? Neither Ian Mckellan nor Micheal Fassbender are Jewish but they played characters who are and no one batted an eye. Kitty can be played by a gentile - it doesn’t matter to me.
Yes.

I think it would be fun to have a Jewish kitty. Why not? Im looking forward to seeing a Jewish Ben Grimm too. Having a variety of characters (and actors) is what makes the xmen fun

I think it would be fun to have a Jewish kitty. Why not? Im looking forward to seeing a Jewish Ben Grimm too. Having a variety of characters (and actors) is what makes the xmen fun

Of course Kitty's Jewish. Unlike Ben, she was always written specifically as a Jewish character from her introduction.

And I love that they revealed that Ben is Jewish. It's a really sweet nod to Jack Kirby, who identified with Ben most out of all the Marvel characters he created.

Come now, Ben is pretty obviously Jewish. He may not have said it because of the time he was created but everything about him is very Jewish.

Kevin Feige was recently asked how (in the scenario the deal is sealed and he gets the opportunity to integrate the X-Men into the MCU) would he go about it.

And this was his answer which was kind of as usual a non-answer.
"You’re right, it’s too far out to talk about whether it will happen of not. We’re not working on it in any way, shape or form. We’ve got five films on the docket we’ve already announced that are taking a big percent of our time. But I will say to your very good question that if you look back to Phase 1 and after “Iron Man” was released and we announced our upcoming films, one of which was “Thor,” people said, “How in the WORLD can you bring in a Norse god who flies with a hammer into the world you’ve established of Tony Stark and Stark Industries?” That was sort of the reason we made the “Thor” film the way we did, was to ease character into a world together, even though they might not understand each other and might have trouble getting along at first, that’s the fun of it. But tonally there’s always a way, and as you said the comics have been navigating it quite well for half a century."

Gosh it’s pretty crazy to think the new xmen and fantastic four actors are probably just out of high school, unknowns, schlepping around trying to ace auditions and one day they will be superstars!

Come now, Ben is pretty obviously Jewish. He may not have said it because of the time he was created but everything about him is very Jewish.

Plus we don’t want to miss out on possibly the best casting we could ever see. Ilana Glazer as Kitty Pryde

I've yet to hear a Logan pick I like better than Dustin Claire. I suppose there's something to be said about picking another Aussie rather than, I dunno, an actual Canadian. Especially given how many Canadians actually DID play X-Men.
Too old for me.
??? Clare is 36. Jackman was 31 at the start. How baby-faced do you want Logan to look?

??? Clare is 36. Jackman was 31 at the start. How baby-faced do you want Logan to look?
36 and 31 is a 5 year age difference. Wolverine should be cast around the same age Jackman was when he first put on the claws. It needs to be someone who can play the role for nearly 20 years in the MCU

I wouldn't say 20 years is the standard to go by for the mcu yet. I don't think any actor expects to dedicate 20 years of their life to one role. That being said I wish Joaquin Phoenix would've been our wolverine for the last two decades. No disrespect to Jackman though.

I actually think Alden Ehnreich could be a good wolverine, and is already connected to Disney. But Christopher Abbott also has my vote.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say 20 years is the standard to go by for the mcu yet. I don't think any actor expects to dedicate 20 years of their life to one role. That being said I wish Joaquin Phoenix would've been our wolverine for the last two decades. No disrespect to Jackman though.

I actually think Alden Ehnreich could be a good wolverine, and is already connected to Disney. But Christopher Abbott also has my vote.
Hugh set the precedent. Jackman played Wolverine for nearly 20 years going all the way back to when he was cast in 1998. I could see Marvel wanting to get a similar long-term investment from the actor they cast as Wolverine. Sebastion Stan and SLJ were both signed for 9 movies. Wolverine is the type of character I could see Marvel wanting to keep around for a longtime. And Marvel can plan for the next 25 years of movies conspiring their brand is firmly established now

Alden would be a good choice and Abbott is one of my top choices as well.

All I know is that the more I think about having the X-Men (and the Fantastic Four too!) in the MCU, the more excited I get!

Seeing a proper Wolverine - together with Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, Beast and all my other favorites - alongside all other great Marvel characters would be something incredible!

Yeah me too. I’m dying for the xmen to return to their iconic status. I’ve missed them so much

I wonder if the Russos would be interested.

I'd hope the russo's take a long long break after infinity. I would marvel would discover another untapped director for their new stuff.

I hope the Russos direct X-Men. They love those characters and they have all of the right ingredients to make the perfect X-Men movie

X-Men a part of Phase 4 I can deal with that

Crossing my fingers to have them and the Fantastic Four in Phase IV, even if they're at the very end of it.

I can see them joining at the very end of it and it would be the perfect way for them to join the MCU umbrella

Crossing my fingers to have them and the Fantastic Four in Phase IV, even if they're at the very end of it.

I think the F4 will come first. Could be a bit longer before a full on MCU X-Men film as I think that will take a lot more planning.

Yeah I think we get the F4 first as well before we see Logan, Erik, Hank, Jean, Scott, etc.

It would be nice. But I'm sure Marvel will find a great director for the franchise when it happens.

Got to trust their judgement at this stage yeah. But I think Feige probably sees the Russos as his no.1 guys now as while all the recent films have been very good, the Russos are taking on the most difficult projects and continuously coming up trumps every time. It would be a signal that the X-Men are being treated with real importance rather than the same as the other new solos. I thin if they get X-Men right the advantage is that it can spawn any number of films with the amount of characters it opens up while any one solo here not doing as well doesn't have those opportunities behind it. Anyway as mentioned, got to trust their judgement at this stage and whoever is chosen will likely be up to the task.

I too would love to see the Russos' take on X-Men

I'd hope the russo's take a long long break after infinity. I would marvel would discover another untapped director for their new stuff.

It will likely be a big break between Avengers 4 and X-Men anyway. But yeah let's hope they get someone really good either way.

X-Men for 2022 or 2023 if anything I think that is when we get an X-Men reboot under the Feige/Marvel/Disney umbrella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"