MCU X-Men - Part 4

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Lip

Lip Registered

I have to agree with you here.

Marvel united likes this.
  2. Another_Fool

Another_Fool Registered

I was thinking about it and with Marvel Studios having no problem
    bringing back JK Simmons to portray J Jonah Jameson
    there really shouldn't be any problem for them to have someone like Fassbender portray Magneto again or McAvoy or Stewart portray Professor X. Just give them slightly different appearances like giving Fassbender silver hair to help illustrate that its a different continuity.

3. MbJ

MbJ Registered

I'd rather just rip off the bandaid and do a complete recast. The only one I'd really keep is Stewart*, but he's getting up there in years and may not be able to commit to a multi-year indefinite project like this.

* Reynolds aside, obviously.

Bayne likes this.
  4. SumT

SumT Registered

hell no.

give us a universe that put the x-men front and center, and we can forget about all the huge mistakes and memories of Fox franchise. Fassbender got 4 damm movies front and center. Enough of all of it. Its time for the f**** X-Men to take all the atention, without left overs from an old franchise.

5. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

McAvoy and Fassbender have had their go of it. While there's plenty of X-actors I wish we'd seen more of, all signs point to a full square-one restart.

I was thinking about Bumblebee and how they really took it back to the G1 feel of the old 'toon, and thought they could do the same with the X-Men, make it look like a big-screen version of TAS (not necessarily with the same roster of course).

6. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

The J.K. thing I KNEW was going to end up with some fans thinking it meant that bringing back performers nilly willy is a good idea.

7. Lip

Lip Registered

Yep. There are many actors from the X-Men movies that I wish I'd seen more. Paquin and Page, for instance. But they should recast everybody for the X-Men.

8. Another_Fool

Another_Fool Registered

Yeah I'm not talking about bringing back just anybody like Alexandria Shipp, James Marsden or Anna Paquin. I'm talking about a utilizing an actor that's within the same caliber of the JK casting like Fassbender who IMO captured the comics counterpart perfectly and who can undoubtedly can work within the MCU style.

I'm fine with a recasting of the character because Fass did portray the character enough but I also don't see the problem talking about it considering the precedent Far From Home set. Essentially I'm saying if Kevin Fiege walked on stage and said Fassbender is going to portray the MCU version, I sure as hell won't complain either. I'm not saying they should do it.

9. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

No to those Dark PhoeniX actors again in the same roles. They clearly didn't resonate with the general public compare to Ian McKellen/Patrick Stewart, just look at the boX office performance of the three X-Men films they headlined.

They are also overrated in those roles, imo. foX was blinded by their "starpower" that the X-Men was literally stuck in the past post Dofp. One of the biggest mistakes they've done.

10. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Well characters like Psylocke, Storm, Thunderbird, Forge, Sunfire, Dust, Bishop, Jubilee, Revanche, M, Sunspot, Darwin, Karma and Sway are part of the X-Men mythology. Its inevitable unless they ignore all those characters.

11. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I just want the X-MEN to be cast so we can all rally around them. Whether they be race/gender swaps or comic accurate.

12. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

13. Frankeh

Frankeh Registered

The Eternals costumes look like the final X-Men Apocalypse costumes.

Dark Raven likes this.
  14. DawnWarrior

DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

You're not wrong. On the bright side...look, a lot of us had certain expectations for what we wanted to see the X-Men wear in the movies, expectations that largely weren't fulfilled. But the Eternals? They don't have the same level of fame so they don't have the same expectations. As far as I'm concerned, they can wear whatever the hell they want.

15. SumT

SumT Registered

the XMA concept art you mean.
    the Eternals ones look more styled and elegant than the Apoc ones, at least the actual costumes Singer used

#8590 SumT, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  16. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

I personally don’t see what’s so bad about The Eternals’ outfits.

17. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Yes, I am well aware of what you mean and why. I also believe it is a fundamentally, at its foundation, mortally flawed creative direction. "Super Hero" is not "Teen Dystopia", it cannot function on a continuing stream of ineffective protagonists who consistently fail at their goals. A narrative structure that requires this must be replaced with a different one that actually works within the genre.

18. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

Hah... those plasticky abominations? Yeah, no.
    I think the concept art seems a bit plain and they dont really scream "Kirby" to me

but in execution I'm sure they won't look like the dollar store outfits at the end of XM:A

Yeah I don't think theyre so bad
    but again, if Feige's gonna say this movie will be "full on Kirby", they didn't go nearly crazy enough with the costumes

19. Lip

Lip Registered

My biggest problem with the Eternals' outfits is that they kind of look similar from each other.

[​IMG]

And individually they look very different in the comics.

[​IMG]

I like that the colors are different, but I think they could be more different from each other. Like the Avengers or Guardians.

I want the X-Men costumes to be colorful too, but I want them to be very different from each other.

[​IMG]

Shuri, Abudefduf and Dark Raven like this.
  20. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Agree. The Eternals look too much like a uniform instead of a mish mash of characters, which is what it should look like. I liked that the Avengers looked so different from one another. With the X-Men, I also think they should look like they came from different backgrounds and films. Maybe the original X-Men can have the same colour black and yellow uniform, but the more recent ones should just look like a rag tag bunch as in the comics.

21. Lip

Lip Registered

Yeah, I don't want the X-Men costumes looking like uniforms but with different colors. It'll be disappointing.

That's why the Eternals outfits worry me a little.

22. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

A peak at what the X-men could look like with matching uniforms:

[​IMG]

It will depend on the direction the MCU takes the X-men in. If we get the early days of the team with teens in some version of an "original five," the characters will likely be in uniforms.

A lot of the adult X-men to join the team brought with them their own sense of style informed by their backgrounds.

Nightcrawler: Circus clothes
    Storm: Ceremonial garb
    Gambit: Thieves guild style (although the bright pink chest-plate and metal boots don't make sense)
    Jubilee: Literally what she would wear to the mall
    Bishop: XSE/Future clothing
    Dazzler: Performance outfits

Iceman is iced-up. Jean got the Phoenix outfit. Beast became blue and furry. Archangel wears his Death design.

Cyclops, Rogue, and Wolverine's iconic outfits/90s outfits don't exactly have much to do with their backgrounds.

I hope we never see Psylocke's bathing suit.

Bayne likes this.
  23. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Having the whole team robs many of the X-men of their iconic costumes. Gambit, Wolverine, Colussus, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Psylocke etc. They should look like their classic versions preferrably.

[​IMG]

BoredGuy and Frankeh like this.
  24. SumT

SumT Registered

they look so f******* awesome and iconic man.
    change logan with beast, and we'd have a pretty dope roster for MS X1.

25. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Speaking of Beast. I hope if he does appear they manage to find someone who can hit the same tone as Kelsey Grammar did. Though I hope the make-up/cgi is better this time round and captures the look of 90's Beast more accurately. I wouldn't mind seeing him fast tracked onto a new Avengers team too.