Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really think the writers have a solid grasp on Deadpool. I can't wait to see him show up in the MCU, and I think he just might be the one who introduces us to the world of the X-Men.

Could be a big role for whichever black actress they cast going forward. Also, if you want Storm to lead the X Men right off the bat, it would have to be an actress in her early to mid 30's right now. Otherwise, you would have to cast an actress of similar age to Zendaya, who is 23. Kiki Layne seems to the popular pick but she's probably closer in age to Zendaya than Scar Jo.
Depends on how old you make the rest of the X-Men. I'd be fine with a twenty-something team (my current favourites for roles of Scott and Jean are Ansel Elgort and Saoirse Ronan).

IMO Ororo can be older than the other members of the X-Men. It's a way to have Cyclops & Storm both occupying positions of leadership within the X-Men ranks. She could be like an older sister to him

Pepi Sonuga (25 now but will be 30 in 5 years) is my choice for Ororo. She is exactly how I envision early Claremont Ororo - Warm & compassionate with a gentle sense of naivete but still fierce to the call for action- a lot of room for her character to grow. Kiki Layne is a good choice too

I'd definitely like to see Storm have a very clear arc mapped out in the MCU.

I'm down for Storm being the face of Xmen. I know it's not a popular opinion here, but I agree with the posters that said we need characters that have not appeared in movies. Jean should not be in the first or even second movie, but Cyclops deserves to be in it from the beginning. This way he'll stand on his own and by the third movie when we get jean, then his relationship with her will be explored.

Kevin Feige will oversee Marvel animations and cartoons!

giphy.gif
Wow! Some news came out?

Any change in the way Marvel animation has been produced is probably a good change. Marvel hasn't had a good series since Earth Mightiest Heroes, Wolverine and the X-men, and Spectacular Spider-man ended years ago.

I want animation to adapt stories from the comics that the movies can't tell. Messiah Complex, Utopia, and Second Coming were good stories that have yet to be adapted. Or Disney could attempt to do what TAS did and adapt stories as they were coming out. Dawn of X would be the perfect place to start.

I love animation and want something! I honestly want a good quality cartoon more than an MCU film (but of course I want both).

hmm I like the idea of taking some of the characters from Grant's run on the X-Men. I think a love triangle between Scott, Jean and Emma would be very interesting to see. Scott is obviously attracted to Emma because she's the hot blonde, but he's also inriqued by Jean who is a bit of a mystery. I also would like to see a "student rivalry" between Jean and Emma for Xavier's favorite pupil, since they're both telepaths, with Jean being considered the lesser telepath (not knowing she's the future host of the Phoenix). I would like to see Emma be a little bit mischievous, have Xavier be leary of her intentions/actions basically she's the complete opposite of Jean who is shy and insecure. Eventually she leaves the X-Men, well she is kicked out by Xavier for doing something wrong on a mission starts her own school and joins the Hellfire Club thus setting up a future Phoenix movie with them looking for host of the Phoenix.

X-team
Xavier
Cyclops
Jean
Beast (played by an actor of color and then mo-cap)
Emma
Sunfire

Brandon Larracuente as Remy LeBeau/Gambit
mgAyu88j_400x400.jpg

Katherine Langford as Anne Marie/Rogue
e476000bdb82611db462a0cae9da294d.png

At the risk of derailing this thread into Storm fancasting, if you’re suggesting early 30s then I think Janelle Monae should seriously be considered.
Monae is 5 ft tall. I adore her but she’s not Storm. Kiki Layne is 27 now. By the time X-Men actually starts getting into production and filming she will be 30.

Thoughts on potentially including Wiccan as part of the lineup? If they do involve Wanda in the X-men films it would make sense to include whichever of her kids they introduce in Wandavision (assuming they do). Obviously he's far from a classic X-men character, but within the MCU his inclusion would make sense, being tied to a preestablished character. Plus I think it's likely they'll want to have an LGBTQIA character as part of the lineup. If not Wiccan, I'd expect Iceman or NorthStar to be on the team.

Has Wiccan even appeared in the X-Men comics? Not that I recall any issue. I prefer Wanda and her kids to not appear in the X-Men films Xpecially in supporting roles. Wanda already appeared in like what 5 films already? give the spotlight to someone else like Polaris or someone who isn't related to Magneto.

It just feels natural to include her given that she's a mutant in the comics (and they could reveal her to be a mutant in the films) and it'd be good having an immediate tie to the rest of the MCU.

But it's also possible she just never really moves into that part of the universe. Afterall, by the time X-men comes out Olsen will have been in the role for near on a decade and might want to leave the MCU rather than journeying into a whole new chapter. But if she does want to stick around for another ten years there's lots to do with her character involving X-men.

Well she's been in the mcu for five films (and will appear in Ds2 and her tv show) and she wasn't labeled as a mutant and I know thats because Marvel didn't have the X-Men before.. but Scarlet Witch is not even that important to the X-Men lore and she already got her moment inthe spotlight. Let someone we haven't seen before in the mcu get their moment. And scarlet witch is not the only way to connect the mutants to the rest of the mcu.

While Wiccan...I've read tons of comics and that character (I don't know even the gender of Wiccan to begin with) hasn't appeared in a X-comic in a major role. So it would be just an odd choice to me, if they shoehorn him or her in a X-Men film.

Well she's been in the mcu for five films (and will appear in Ds2 and her tv show) and she wasn't labeled as a mutant and I know thats because Marvel didn't have the X-Men before.. but Scarlet Witch is not even that important to the X-Men lore and she already got her moment inthe spotlight. Let someone we haven't seen before in the mcu get their moment. And scarlet witch is not the only way to connect the mutants to the rest of the mcu.

While Wiccan...I've read tons of comics and that character (I don't know even the gender of Wiccan to begin with) hasn't appeared in a X-comic in a major role. So it would be just an odd choice to me, if they shoehorn him or her in a X-Men film.

Well it's like you said, Wanda hasn't been named a mutant in the MCU so far because they didn't have the rights to call her a mutant until now. Now they do and honestly revealing her to be a mutant could work out quite neatly if they do want to explain the sudden surge of mutants with radiation from the Infinity Stones after the three Snaps.

I'm not saying make her the main character, I'd absolutely give characters like Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler etc. the focus over her. But it'd still be neat for her to appear. And by extension if she appears it would make sense for her son Wiccan to appear (assuming he turns up in Wandavision prior).

I'd also be perfectly happy not having her in the X-men films, but it's a possibility worth considering.

Deadpool is in the MCU! Does that mean the previous movies become retroactively MCU canon or does he simply gets trapped in an alternate reality? Maybe a soft reboot is in order? If former happens that means Deadpool’s rendition of the X-Men becomes the first we see if mutants in the MCU by default!

Deadpool is in the MCU! Does that mean the previous movies become retroactively MCU canon or does he simply gets trapped in an alternate reality? Maybe a soft reboot is in order? If former happens that means Deadpool’s rendition of the X-Men becomes the first we see if mutants in the MCU by default!

I'm expecting him to be in an alternate reality so that his previous films being canon or not doesn't matter. The viewers can choose whether they want to count them or not that way and both would work without interfering with/restricting the MCU.

Deadpool is really the only character where you can bring him over and just handwave the continuity issues away with a joke. Personally I expect the crossovers to be one way. We'll probably see MCU characters appear in humorous cameos in the Deadpool films, but I doubt we'll see Deadpool appearing in other movies.

Maybe the events of the previous two movies only happened in that crazy mind of his; and he’s been dreaming the entire time until he “wakes up” and returns to reality(which is MCU reality).

I’m only half-joking here and I know I’m overthinking it.

I'm expecting him to be in an alternate reality so that his previous films being canon or not doesn't matter. The viewers can choose whether they want to count them or not that way and both would work without interfering with/restricting the MCU.

Na I can't see them doing that. Hes either gonna be in the MCU or not in it. With Feige taking over pretty much everything at Marvel I think their going to take a similar approach to Lucasfilm and Star Wars and everything being canon since Disney took over. Everything moving forward will be MCU. There wont be is it or is it not debates like with the Netflix shows.

Na I can't see them doing that. Hes either gonna be in the MCU or not in it. With Feige taking over pretty much everything at Marvel I think their going to take a similar approach to Lucasfilm and Star Wars and everything being canon since Disney took over. Everything moving forward will be MCU. There wont be is it or is it not debates like with the Netflix shows.
So are you saying Colossus and Teenage Negasonic Warhead are technically going to be the first MCU mutants and Feige won’t bother rebooting the characters in the MCU?

If it's Reynolds though, whatever explanation they give doesn't preclude viewers from seeing the prior films as an alternate reality. That's what I meant, and this wouldn't be quite so easy if it was a different actor. It's not a clean break if you use the same lead actor and he's playing the character in the same way and he looks the same in and out of the costume. That would be like Feige getting Maguire to be Spidey and saying the Sony films are officially not canon - much of the audience is still going to choose to see it that way and it is naturally open for them to do so. Using Holland was a clean break from all the previous films.

I mean, the Deadpool films exist in a universe where not only generations of X-Men have existed but also in a world where mutants are persecuted and hounded. They are also a very public thing. So I'm not sure how the movies would be retconned into the MCU.

What I think is more likely is that Deadpool gets a soft reboot to conform to whatever Feige's plans for mutants are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"