Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only direction that makes sense if these characters are going to keep their interest in each other, and we know that Marvel won't let that go. At least this is interesting and little different. Kinda messed up that so many people are grossed out by
polyamory.

Like I said previously, I haven't been reading the comics. I found out about that through news. My first reaction was "Ow, Jesus, Gross". Then I was intrigued by it. The only problem I have with that (and it's a massive, huge, colossal, gigantic problem) is Wolverine. I hate that he's in the mix. Ugh!

But I dig the idea of Jean and Scott having an open relationship. I mean, they're both so... "traditional". Individually and as a couple. So I like the idea for both Jean and Scott. An open relationship like that usually challenges a lot the perspective people have of relationships, or female sexuality, etc. And I like Scott and Jean being the ones challenging those perspectives.

But Logan being a part of that. Ugh!

Like I said previously, I haven't been reading the comics. I found out about that through news. My first reaction was "Ow, Jesus, Gross". Then I was intrigued by it. The only problem I have with that (and it's a massive, huge, colossal, gigantic problem) is Wolverine. I hate that he's in the mix. Ugh!

But I dig the idea of Jean and Scott having an open relationship. I mean, they're both so... "traditional". Individually and as a couple. So I like the idea for both Jean and Scott. An open relationship like that usually challenges a lot the perspective people have of relationships, or female sexuality, etc. And I like Scott and Jean being the ones challenging those perspectives.

I'm generally grossed out by Logan too but the situation actually does some work in making him seem less toxic and the dynamic less sexist. Less "I'm gonna steal your girl, Summers" and more "we aren't bound by human norms of monogamy!"

Oh and Emma is part of it too

I'm generally grossed out by Logan too but the situation actually does some work in making him seem less toxic and the dynamic less sexist. Less "I'm gonna steal your girl, Summers" and more "we aren't bound by human norms of monogamy!"

Oh and Emma is part of it too

There's a lot of sexism in the way the fans look at Jean and Scott too. Not only in the way Jean should "behave" as a woman, but also Scott as a man. So it needs to be very, very, very well written to make it work. IMO it would be better to being told mostly by Jean's POV.

Also, cool that Emma is involved too. But there are differences in the way people look at a guy in an open relationship dating another woman, and the way they look at a woman dating another guy. That's why, if they were going for a throuple kind of thing, I'd rather see Scott, Jean and another guy (Not Logan!), rather than Scott, Jean and Emma. If they were going for a throuple. I'd love this perspective both from Jean and Scott's POV. It could challenge a lot of people's views.

There's a lot of sexism in the way the fans look at Jean and Scott too. Not only in the way Jean should "behave" as a woman, but also Scott as a man. So it needs to be very, very, very well written to make it work. IMO it would be better to being told mostly by Jean's POV.

Also, cool that Emma is involved too. But there are differences in the way people look at a guy in an open relationship dating another woman, and the way they look at a woman dating another guy. That's why, if they were going for a throuple kind of thing, I'd rather see Scott, Jean and another guy (Not Logan!), rather than Scott, Jean and Emma. If they were going for a throuple. I'd love this perspective both from Jean and Scott's POV. It could challenge a lot of people's views.
It could definitely challenge views and right now this gives Jean freedom while retaining her long standing relationships. Polyamory isn't this automatic utopia so these old habits writers have might manifest again with different standards for Scott and Jean, but right now we don't know Jean or Scott's POV and we might not get it (though there is so much potential here). I don't think they are going for a throuple but something more open and flexible.

Scott, Jean, Wolverine, and Emma are a perfect case study in the problems with monogamy lol. Mutants in Hickman's stories are figuring out that they can actually have nice things for once.

It could definitely challenge views and right now this gives Jean freedom while retaining her long standing relationships. Polyamory isn't this automatic utopia so these old habits writers have might manifest again with different standards for Scott and Jean, but right now we don't know Jean or Scott's POV and we might not get it (though there is so much potential here). I don't think they are going for a throuple but something more open and flexible.

Scott, Jean, Wolverine, and Emma are a perfect case study in the problems with monogamy lol. Mutants in Hickman's stories are figuring out that they can actually have nice things for once.

I really like the idea. I'm gonna hope for the best. I just genuinely dislike Logan being part of it. But it is what it is.

Also, something tells me we won't see that in the MCU. :p

I really like the idea. I'm gonna hope for the best. I just genuinely dislike Logan being part of it. But it is what it is.

Also, something tells me we won't see that in the MCU. :p
That sums up my feelings toward Logan generally in most things. The only times I like him are with Nightcrawler in Claremont's run when he isn't calling women frails and being a weeb lol.

Yeah the MCU tames everything down. Back to basics is not a bad idea though especially with the weird movies we've gotten from Fox.

Reactions: Lip
I think it’s nice. I’m a bit over territorial love triangles all the time. As long as jean is happy and it’s her choice I think it’s really cool.

Yeah I like that new dynamic and anything that avoids the old love triangle

I just still find it weird the relationship between the 3(or 4) characters is so very different to anything we've seen for the past decade... again, I like this story but can't reconcile it with previous continuity, still waiting for that other shoe to drop.

And Jean loves Logan, maybe not in the same way as Scott, but she does... people need to get over it already

You aren't really missing anything.

Its just another X-men comic book story, in my opinion.

I stopped reading HOX after the Moira twist. I know others may disagree but I think what Hickman did took away the original appeal of the character & what made her a unique member of the X-Men 's supporting cast.

I'm not sure what Hickman's endgame goal is but his take on the X-Men is very radical. I suppose the mutants have earned it after decades of deaths and sacrifices but it still. I'm gonna get back into the swing of things soon
Things a lot don't make sense in his X-men books and its just confusing. Also they resurrected dead mutants leaving the newer characters nothing to do again.

And Jean loves Logan, maybe not in the same way as Scott, but she does... people need to get over it already

Whatever romantic relationship Jean has with Logan now feels to me that was born more from a fan service to Logan than anything else.

It's how I feel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Yes, put her in the mansion, make her the house physician as well as world-class mutation expert. Also super Irish. Beast shouldn't be the only doctor or general science person on call.
Yeah and I like having some human allies and non-powered characters in the mansion.

I think it’s nice. I’m a bit over territorial love triangles all the time. As long as jean is happy and it’s her choice I think it’s really cool.
I'm totally over them. What a waste of screen time that would be. Let's have some really deep and meaningful relationships.

I want Dr. Cecilia Reyes to be the resident doctor. Then for Forge and Sage to be the tech people! Blink would be great as well as their gateway to different places.

Yes, put her in the mansion, make her the house physician as well as world-class mutation expert. Also super Irish. Beast shouldn't be the only doctor or general science person on call.

I’m really hoping the MCU keeps the characters nationalities intact. There’s no need to change Moira to become Irish.

Just joined the forum but been an observer for quite a while. Thought it was finally time to join in the convo as I’m excited for the X-Men’s introduction in the MCU (even though it seems a while away).

Just joined the forum but been an observer for quite a while. Thought it was finally time to join in the convo as I’m excited for the X-Men’s introduction in the MCU (even though it seems a while away).
Welcome!! It’s a very exciting prospect and will get more and more so as the time gets closer.

Reactions: Rem
Its eXciting!

Can't wait for Gambit!

I’m really hoping the MCU keeps the characters nationalities intact. There’s no need to change Moira to become Irish.
I suspect the member you quoted meant Scottish. People tend to mistake the two lol

Oh and Welcome!

FYI, Jean/Scott/Wolverine "open relationship" is fan fiction territory here.

FYI, Jean/Scott/Wolverine "open relationship" is fan fiction territory here.
It’s actually intentionally HEAVILY implied by the actual content of the books. We haven’t seen them all in bed together yet, but we also dont need to to know what we know.

Last edited:
It’s actually intentionally HEAVILY implied by the actual content of the books. We haven’t seen them all in bed together yet, but we also dont need to to know what we know.

If they do go that route and acknowledge it, then yeah, the comics have gone into fan fiction territory with this.

If they do go that route and acknowledge it, then yeah, the comics have gone into fan fiction territory with this.
It’s not fan fiction if it’s in the books... Hard to argue that Hickman is a fan fiction writer. And this is the only logical place to bring those character relationships, especially now that mutants aren’t interested in human norms.

Wait a minute.... since when did Logan, Scott and Jean start having threesomes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"