• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wouldn’t be mad if they gave Jean Grey the same treatment as they did in Wolverine & The X-Men. I think a character like her would benefit from being in the background or just as an auxiliary X-Man for a while.

Only reason is because if I keep seeing Jean, I’m gonna want the Phoenix Force. I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon. Again.

I've had many similar ideas myself. Summers has always been an introvert at heart so they could really play that up and have him be socially awkward. Jean being an extrovert woule be a nice change of pace, and separate her further from prior versions. They could take inspiration from Ultimate X-Men and X-Men: Red for characterization

I like that idea of Jean being interested in Scott, wanting to bring him out of his shell and him being scared to embrace the feelings he has for because of that fear.

And those are great ideas for Sinister

Yup.

Thanks, and wasn't it like that between them in the First Class comics by Lee/Kirby?

Thanks. Oh, since we both think Wanda will be be revealed as a Mutant, what if the way people treated her in CW was the start of humans fearing Mutants? Also maybe the prison they had Cap's team at becomes a prison for Mutants.

Imagine if Graydon Creed, Cameron Hodge, and their gang running that prison, a Mutant Alcatraz.

Who should be the X-Men's "Big 3" in the MCU?

I'm with the majority on Scott, Jean and Ororo. But I also feel Kitty and most definitely Rogue have a lot of stories to tell.

So maybe a big 5 with Scott, Jean, Storm, Rogue and Kitty?

But as progressive as they want to be, I don't think they'll have 4 female characters out of 5 leads.

They can always skip the whole dark Phoenix bit, call her Phoenix and give her the powers when she reaches deep. I know it hasnt been done right, but it's been done twice and Jean dying has been done to death.
Yep, totally agreed.

No stupid redemption arcs for Mystique/Raven and Magneto. Hell I can skip Magneto for the next 2 films and would prefer villains like Mr Sinister.

An actually well designed SFX look for Beast.

Scott being the leader and awesome character he is.

Storm HAS to be major character

Rogue done right

No one involved with the last names of Penn or Kinberg

I would say Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel is all the more reason not to call Jean Marvel Girl, so as to avoid confusion and diluting the "brand", so to speak.

As for a Big 3 X-Men, I don't know that such a thing is even necessary, but I guess my answer would be Psylocke, Rogue, Jean.
Ehh.. They'd have to miss all promotional material for the movie to think Jean is related to Carol Danvers.

Yup.

Thanks, and wasn't it like that between them in the First Class comics by Lee/Kirby?

Thanks. Oh, since we both think Wanda will be be revealed as a Mutant, what if the way people treated her in CW was the start of humans fearing Mutants? Also maybe the prison they had Cap's team at becomes a prison for Mutants.

Imagine if Graydon Creed, Cameron Hodge, and their gang running that prison, a Mutant Alcatraz.
That's a really great idea. The power inhibitor collar they put on Wanda:
dfJRZ.png

Could totally be a precursor to what they use on mutants. The groundwork is there

They can always skip the whole dark Phoenix bit, call her Phoenix and give her the powers when she reaches deep. I know it hasnt been done right, but it's been done twice and Jean dying has been done to death.
But as you said, it's been done twice. This exact angle of "The Phoenix lives within her".

It's not crazy to think Marvel will go out of it's way to separate their version of Jean from Fox's, and avoid retreading any Phoenix related topics for at least her first couple of films

I'm with the majority on Scott, Jean and Ororo. But I also feel Kitty and most definitely Rogue have a lot of stories to tell.

So maybe a big 5 with Scott, Jean, Storm, Rogue and Kitty?

But as progressive as they want to be, I don't think they'll have 4 female characters out of 5 leads.

I think this would be great, and I'd hope that isn't an issue. IThe XM roster is inevitably going to become packed so it's important to establish from the pillars of the team

Hmm, I hope not. I’ve always found that name to be a bit too cheesy for my tastes. Plus having a Cap Marvel and maybe Ms Marvel makes it even worse to have more characters with Marvel in their name IMO. :D I don’t mind her just being referred to as Jean Grey or Dr Jean Grey, and later Phoenix.
My thoughts exactly. We have Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel, which is a direct correlation. Another "Marvel" name will draw confusing connections between Jean and Carol & Kamala. Not to mention the fact that it makes no sense for her codename to be Marvel GIRL if she's over 18, which I'd be shocked if she isn't.

As for Wolverine, I think it would be best to introduce him on Disney+, give him his own series there, maybe cross him over elsewhere, before joining the main film series after the main X-Men are established in their own right.

My thoughts exactly. We have Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel, which is a direct correlation. Another "Marvel" name will draw confusing connections between Jean and Carol & Kamala. Not to mention the fact that it makes no sense for her codename to be Marvel GIRL if she's over 18, which I'd be shocked if she isn't.

As for Wolverine, I think it would be best to introduce him on Disney+, give him his own series there, maybe cross him over elsewhere, before joining the main film series after the main X-Men are established in their own right.
Yep.

Many people are watching Disney + for The Mandalorian right now, but it is going to explode in appeal once all the current planned Marvel shows get on there, and then even more so once we start getting multiple X-related properties there. A Wolverine show would likely be a huge deal for the public if they do one. Disney + (and Disney’s laser focus on it) is probably one of the best things that could have happened for the future of X-Men media, and something that wasn’t possible in the era of Fox.

I don't think you're giving people enough credit in common sense. Most people aren't going to draw a connection between two different characters in two unrelated franchises, because they share a word in their name. Marketing should make this obvious.

And even if they do, a simple Google search will answer the question for them. People aren't that stupid, dude.

This is a non-issue...

I kinda wouldn’t be mad if they gave Jean Grey the same treatment as they did in Wolverine & The X-Men. I think a character like her would benefit from being in the background or just as an auxiliary X-Man for a while.

Only reason is because if I keep seeing Jean, I’m gonna want the Phoenix Force. I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon. Again.
My prediction is an MCU Phoenix Saga will have something akin to the Phoenix Five going on. Probably not the same five, but it'd keep it from feeling like a retread of a retread, plus it'll be a fun way to tie in some non-X Marvel players.

The MCU Phoenix Saga, if it happens at all, better have Annie Richardson.

I don't think you're giving people enough credit in common sense. Most people aren't going to draw a connection between two different characters in two unrelated franchises, because they share a word in their name. Marketing should make this obvious.

And even if they do, a simple Google search will answer the question for them. People aren't that stupid, dude.

This is a non-issue...

I think you're overestimating how much people pay attention to something that, for many of them, is casual entertainment. There are stories about people confusing celebrities they come across in public as other celebrities, and not even ones that they resemble. And since Jean Grey's been in the mainstream for twenty years without being called Marvel Girl, when Marvel starts calling her that they'll naturally think they're attaching her to Captain Marvel for some reason.

I also think Marvel is an awfully old-fashioned name for a modern superhero to take on. At least the Marvel moniker was inextricably linked to Carol Danvers, and Captain Marvel has a flow to it. Marvel Girl is more clunky, it's likely out of tone with the movies, it requires Jean to choose an old-fashioned word that's already in use by another superhero in her own world, and it's not even the superhero name Jean Grey is best known for.

That's a really great idea. The power inhibitor collar they put on Wanda:
View attachment 39872

Could totally be a precursor to what they use on mutants. The groundwork is there

Yup, it is there, and maybe they'll have Wanda make some guest star appearances in the MCU X-Men movies, shows, etc. etc.

I mean know she's more tied to the Avengers, but for MCU Wanda I feel like they rushed her time with them, and having her more tie to the X-Men in the years to come would really help her especially if she finds out she's not the only one with gifts, she's not alone.

Also if they tie Mutants to the Stones then that could help Creed, Hodge, etc. etc. put fear into people fearing Mutants.

Like they go around telling people the same thing that wiped out half the world population, caused Mutants, they're here to replace humans, and Mutants will unless they do what needs to be done to save the human race from extinction.

Oh, I have been wondering if the villain Arcade would also help make MCU X-Men feel fresh, new, and different from Fox's? .

I think you're overestimating how much people pay attention to something that, for many of them, is casual entertainment. There are stories about people confusing celebrities they come across in public as other celebrities, and not even ones that they resemble. And since Jean Grey's been in the mainstream for twenty years without being called Marvel Girl, when Marvel starts calling her that they'll naturally think they're attaching her to Captain Marvel for some reason.
I'm sure there will be at least one person who makes that connection inspite trailers, posters and merchandises making it obvious there isn't one

But even if they do, the answer is a google search away. The MCU is a well oiled pop culture machine, and much of that revolves around the internet, and the sharing of information. It's a stretch to say that anyone confused by this in today's age, would stay confused. Anyone who wants to know or cares enough to ask this question, will get their answer, one way or another.

I also think Marvel is an awfully old-fashioned name for a modern superhero to take on. At least the Marvel moniker was inextricably linked to Carol Danvers, and Captain Marvel has a flow to it. Marvel Girl is more clunky, it's likely out of tone with the movies, it requires Jean to choose an old-fashioned word that's already in use by another superhero in her own world, and it's not even the superhero name Jean Grey is best known for.
Ehhh... "Marvel Girl" isn't anymore outdated than "Spider-Man", or "Daredevil", or "Captain America'", or "Fantastic Four " even. These names are all antiquated and rooted in 50-60s Silver age antics. The only difference is that the latter names are ingrained in pop culture, so they transcended time

A name "Marvel Girl" would be out of place in the Singerverse, but definitely not the MCU. Jean's most well-known superhero name is "Phoenix" but that name comes with a lot negative baggage from past films that Marvel will surely want to avoid.

They've already gone back to "Marvel Girl" in the comics
X-Men_Vol_5_1_Artgerm_Virgin_Variant.jpg

It's not a stretch to say they are rebranding her for a reason. To get it away from the Fox films.

Yup, it is there, and maybe they'll have Wanda make some guest star appearances in the MCU X-Men movies, shows, etc. etc.

I mean know she's more tied to the Avengers, but for MCU Wanda I feel like they rushed her time with them, and having her more tie to the X-Men in the years to come would really help her especially if she finds out she's not the only one with gifts, she's not alone.

Also if they tie Mutants to the Stones then that could help Creed, Hodge, etc. etc. put fear into people fearing Mutants.

Like they go around telling people the same thing that wiped out half the world population, caused Mutants, they're here to replace humans, and Mutants will unless they do what needs to be done to save the human race from extinction.

Oh, I have been wondering if the villain Arcade would also help make MCU X-Men feel fresh, new, and different from Fox's? .
That would be a great story to explore. WandaVision deals with Wanda's loneliness, and her inability to cope with Vision's being dead.

How great would it be for her discover that she's not alone, and that she's part of something much bigger. That there are many others out there just like her... Struggling like she is, afraid of their own power like she was. It's something every mutant has gone through

I do look foward to/hope they reinstate Wanda's connections to the X-Men franchise. The comics have been on some BS trying to erase these connections. All of it reactionary to MS not having the rights

Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

Yes to Arcade. Unpopular opinion (prbly), but I'd go with the Ultimate version:
Arcade_(Earth-1610)_from_Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_55_0001.jpg

IMO that's an apt modernization. Tying him into "Gamer" culture (Evolution went a similar route) and such.

616 Arcade utilizes Sh'iar technology, so MCU Arcade could get his hand on salvaged Chitauri technology

That would be a great story to explore. WandaVision deals with Wanda's loneliness, and her inability to cope with Vision's being dead.

How great would it be for her discover that she's not alone, and that she's part of something much bigger. That there are many others out there just like her... Struggling like she is, afraid of their own power like she was. It's something every mutant has gone through

I do look foward to/hope they reinstate Wanda's connections to the X-Men franchise. The comics have been on some BS trying to erase these connections. All of it reactionary to MS not having the rights

Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

View attachment 39888

IMO that's an apt modernization. Tying him into "Gamer" culture (Evolution went a similar route) and such.

616 Arcade utilizes Sh'iar technology, so MCU Arcade could get his hand on salvaged Chitauri technology

That it would. Yup.

Exactly, and not only would she find out that, but she would also find out not all of her biological family is dead. Magneto and Polaris.

Also I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think a Magneto redemption story can work as long as they don't have him flip back and forth as Fox did. Especially a redemption with Wanda, and Lorna. Plus I know he's dead but add Pietro as well.

Same here. I know, and not only did they did that to the X-Men, but they also did it to the F4.

Definitely.

Oh, I agree with using the Ultimate version. Not only does it work for the modern gamers look, but it could also work with having him as an outsider third party helping Creed, Hodge, etc. etc.

Speaking of Hodge. What about the Phalanx down the road? Same for the Brood.

No stupid redemption arcs for Mystique/Raven and Magneto. Hell I can skip Magneto for the next 2 films and would prefer villains like Mr Sinister.

An actually well designed SFX look for Beast.

Scott being the leader and awesome character he is.

Storm HAS to be major character

Rogue done right

No one involved with the last names of Penn or Kinberg
I can get behind every one of those points! :up:

Yup.

Nice idea. I think that would be a good thing to establish over a number of films, until some powerful mutants decides to attack the prison and fire all the mutants.

Good point. We've seen the wheelchair up to now so this would make for a nice visual change in a more hi-tech mansion.
We did see a version of the hoverchair in DOFP, which IMO was a good re-imagining of the Jim Lee chair.

We did see a version of the hoverchair in DOFP, which IMO was a good re-imagining of the Jim Lee chair.
Ah yes, slipped my memory and a google image reminded me. Thanks :up:

I
View attachment 39888

I could see Arcade being tied into gaming culture, but I definitely prefer him in a more "Most Dangerous Game" type scenario, where he's providing bloodsport entertainment to the uber-rich elite and also maybe streaming on the Dark Web, to tie in that new tech vibe. And the eccentric gamer, young-money style of today would let them pull off his iconic look and not whatever the heck that generic black-ops design is.

And PLEASE no Chitauri tech. We've drawn more than enough off of them. We have access to the Shi'Ar now. USE THE SHI'AR.

That it would. Yup.

Exactly, and not only would she find out that, but she would also find out not all of her biological family is dead. Magneto and Polaris.

Also I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think a Magneto redemption story can work as long as they don't have him flip back and forth as Fox did. Especially a redemption with Wanda, and Lorna. Plus I know he's dead but add Pietro as well.

Same here. I know, and not only did they did that to the X-Men, but they also did it to the F4.

Definitely.

Oh, I agree with using the Ultimate version. Not only does it work for the modern gamers look, but it could also work with having him as an outsider third party helping Creed, Hodge, etc. etc.

Speaking of Hodge. What about the Phalanx down the road? Same for the Brood.
Magneto's redemption really depends on how far he goes with certain acts. But as you said, it's been done many times so they'll have to find a way to do it in a way that feels fresh

And absolutely yes to Phalanx and the Brood. Hodge too. Captain Marvel 2 being about the Kree-Skrull conflict yet again is disappointing to me for this reason.

They could've used the Brood or Shi'ar and introduced Lilandra, D'Ken through Deathbird as the main antagonist. But nope, Skrulls again :O
I could see Arcade being tied into gaming culture, but I definitely prefer him in a more "Most Dangerous Game" type scenario, where he's providing bloodsport entertainment to the uber-rich elite and also maybe streaming on the Dark Web, to tie in that new tech vibe. And the eccentric gamer, young-money style of today would let them pull off his iconic look and not whatever the heck that generic black-ops design is.

And PLEASE no Chitauri tech. We've drawn more than enough off of them. We have access to the Shi'Ar now. USE THE SHI'AR.
:funny: The funny thing about that is, the arc that Arcade shows up in, is based on The Most Dangerous Game:
clean.jpg

Mojo World is reimagined into an island game show where mutants are killed for entertainment. Arcade shows up to play/rack up points (aka kills).
Longshot also shows up.

I had the same idea of Arcade live streaming his kills on the shadow web. Ofc if the Shi'ar tech is available on Earth, they should absolutely use that

I am very intrigued by Arcade, especially in a video game setting similar to a Riddler type mini quest type idea. Arcade is interesting because he gives each X-men the chance to show off. Who would you like to cast as Arcade?

None should substitute Cyclops.
Never ever.

On the initial question, I am intrigued with the x-men having seperate characters that represent different ideologies such as the ones in the movie “Death of Stalin”.

cyclops I see representing military, napoleonistic type leadership, Jean compassionate liberalism, Emma representing capitalism and Storm representing grass roots environmental anti colonialism. Only wanted to shuffle off Scott because, similar to the most current season of The Crown, the male characters should be illegal.

I am very intrigued by Arcade, especially in a video game setting similar to a Riddler type mini quest type idea. Arcade is interesting because he gives each X-men the chance to show off. Who would you like to cast as Arcade?
giphy.gif

Andrew Scott

giphy.gif

Christopher Mintz-Plasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members