• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Seth Green wasn't already Howard the Duck, I could see him as MCU Arcade. For that token I could also see Jonah Hill in the role for some reason.

That’s funny, I’ve been putting together an MCU cast for the recast thread in the X-Men Sequels forum and included Arcade as one of the featured villains. I’d love to see him in live-action somehow.

I like Jonah Hill for the role, though I don’t think he’s interested in an MCU film. I’ve currently got him as my Toyman fan cast for an eventual Superman reboot (or Cavill sequel, whatever).

Two other names for Arcade:

Harry Melling

Kieran Culkin
KieranCulkinSuccessionS2-750x400.jpg

That’s funny, I’ve been putting together an MCU cast for the recast thread in the X-Men Sequels forum and included Arcade as one of the featured villains. I’d love to see him in live-action somehow.

I like Jonah Hill for the role, though I don’t think he’s interested in an MCU film. I’ve currently got him as my Toyman fan cast for an eventual Superman reboot (or Cavill sequel, whatever).

Two other names for Arcade:

Harry Melling

Kieran Culkin
KieranCulkinSuccessionS2-750x400.jpg

You're on to something with Kieran. Him or Mac would be perfect as some antisocial, crazy, mutant-hating, games loving, Murderworld running assassin.

ETA: And judging from Devil All The Time, Melling would be PERFECT also. Great choice. I keep forgetting that he's Dudley all grown up.

Last edited:
Nice picks. I can visualise them doing well in the part.

Mintz-Plasse and Harry Melling are very good choices. I imagine Arcade as personifying modern gaming/geek culture's most toxic traits, so I envision him as more of an anti-social incel type. The type of person who hangs out in a 4chan forum.

I'd also suggest Robert Sheehan (Umbrella Academy)
robert-sheehan-1.jpg

Dave Franco would also be an interesting choice

Yup, it is there, and maybe they'll have Wanda make some guest star appearances in the MCU X-Men movies, shows, etc. etc.

I mean know she's more tied to the Avengers, but for MCU Wanda I feel like they rushed her time with them, and having her more tie to the X-Men in the years to come would really help her especially if she finds out she's not the only one with gifts, she's not alone.

Also if they tie Mutants to the Stones then that could help Creed, Hodge, etc. etc. put fear into people fearing Mutants.

Like they go around telling people the same thing that wiped out half the world population, caused Mutants, they're here to replace humans, and Mutants will unless they do what needs to be done to save the human race from extinction.

Oh, I have been wondering if the villain Arcade would also help make MCU X-Men feel fresh, new, and different from Fox's? .
Wanda can be one of those characters that bridges both groups. Beast could too. I’d rather Beast kept an X-Men focus though and Wanda Avengers.

Mintz-Plasse and Harry Melling are very good choices. I imagine Arcade as personifying modern gaming/geek culture's most toxic traits, so I envision him as more of an anti-social incel type. The type of person who hangs out in a 4chan forum.

I'd also suggest Robert Sheehan (Umbrella Academy)
View attachment 39924

Dave Franco would also be an interesting choice

How would you feel about Danny DeVito as Mojo? After a lot of CGI.

Re: Magneto redemption arcs, I am also opposed to them. . . because I don't think Magneto should be written as needing redemption in the first place. He should be an ideological opponent, and that is *not* the same thing as a villain.

Re: Magneto redemption arcs, I am also opposed to them. . . because I don't think Magneto should be written as needing redemption in the first place. He should be an ideological opponent, and that is *not* the same thing as a villain.
I can see why that take on Magneto is appealing. However, he's X-Men's most iconic villain/enemy. I'm not sure I want him to be someone they just somewhat disagree with. I prefer the kind of Magneto we got in the original Fox films. Someone who's charismatic, sympathetic and is fighting for an understandable cause but is also willing to do violent, morally unjustifiable things for that cause. Different views on mutant issues, things like liberation vs assimilation should definitely be addressed. But that can be done with other characters. There's no need to water down Magneto.

Ehhh... "Marvel Girl" isn't anymore outdated than "Spider-Man", or "Daredevil", or "Captain America'", or "Fantastic Four " even. These names are all antiquated and rooted in 50-60s Silver age antics. The only difference is that the latter names are ingrained in pop culture, so they transcended time

That's not really true. Sure, if people were creating new superheroes today completely unrelated to any pre-existing characters, the odds of them going for something like Captain America, Spider-man or the Fantastic Four would be low just because the combinations of words have a bit of an old-fashioned sound. But if someone used those names anyway, it'd probably be ok because they're not so old-fashioned as to have lost any real meaning to most people (and Cap and arguably the F4 are a bit old fashioned characters anyway). And Daredevil is still a completely normal word that wouldn't be out of place at all.

By comparison, anything involving the word 'Marvel' is going to sound extra old-fashioned to the point of being a real head scratcher for a lot of people because no one even uses the word marvel (or even marvelous) anymore. It's like basing a superhero name off of a word like Dreamboat or Kraut or 8-track - if the MCU didn't have the word 'Marvel' at the front of every movie, there's a good chance a huge portion of its audience would never have even encountered the word until Captain Marvel came out.

You're on to something with Kieran. Him or Mac would be perfect as some antisocial, crazy, mutant-hating, games loving, Murderworld running assassin.
He's a way better actor than what he gets credit for.
The character description you give, make me start thinking about Wolverine. I don't know why. Perhaps I'm just tired, or simply crazy. :loco: :D

I don't dare to share more about what I'm thinking right now. But when Logan gets recast for MCU..

Yeah, agreed. There is room for characters like this alongside outright villains.

That it would. Yup.

Exactly, and not only would she find out that, but she would also find out not all of her biological family is dead. Magneto and Polaris.

Also I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think a Magneto redemption story can work as long as they don't have him flip back and forth as Fox did. Especially a redemption with Wanda, and Lorna. Plus I know he's dead but add Pietro as well.

Same here. I know, and not only did they did that to the X-Men, but they also did it to the F4.

Definitely.

Oh, I agree with using the Ultimate version. Not only does it work for the modern gamers look, but it could also work with having him as an outsider third party helping Creed, Hodge, etc. etc.

Speaking of Hodge. What about the Phalanx down the road? Same for the Brood.
I want multiple family links across the universe. I would love if they went with the Mags and Polaris link.

Also I really enjoyed the Phalanx stuff in the comics. I'd like to see that adapted. The Brood too down the line.

How would you feel about Danny DeVito as Mojo? After a lot of CGI.
Mentioning Mojo and Arcade together makes me think about linking the two somehow. Like Mojo is secretly funneling tech to Arcade, who engineers his games for the entertainment of Mojo's networks in addition to the more local dark web outlets. But of course he doesn't realize his benefactor is a grotesque interdimensional slaver. It's not vital, but it makes about as much sense as Mysterio being a disgruntled Stark ex-employee.

Mentioning Mojo and Arcade together makes me think about linking the two somehow. Like Mojo is secretly funneling tech to Arcade, who engineers his games for the entertainment of Mojo's networks in addition to the more local dark web outlets. But of course he doesn't realize his benefactor is a grotesque interdimensional slaver. It's not vital, but it makes about as much sense as Mysterio being a disgruntled Stark ex-employee.
Ha, yeah I would like to see a link like this between the two. I can’t see this as an early entry for the X-films as it feels quite out there, but once the foundation is there they can get really ambitious.

How about a Mojo Longshot show on Disney+? :)

Would love it be Dazzler, and it’s a full-blown musical about a hapless bar singer who is transported to Mojoworld & thrust into adventure with Longshot as they fight against Mojo’s tyranny.

Jim Carrey is Mojo.
a395a7dfebb51d5298a5e7ce0aea1cd5fda7288fr1-480-270_hq.gif

Lady Gaga is Spiral.
giphy.gif

Harry Styles is Longshot.
giphy.gif

And Dove Cameron is Dazzler.
tumblr_inline_pjl5251p4I1t9ndkh_400.gifv

Last edited:

That’s not half bad! There’s so many villains I want the MCU to adapt for the X-Men—I don’t know which I want first!

no Agents of SHIELD actors on MCU xmen franchise, please.

That's not really true. Sure, if people were creating new superheroes today completely unrelated to any pre-existing characters, the odds of them going for something like Captain America, Spider-man or the Fantastic Four would be low just because the combinations of words have a bit of an old-fashioned sound. But if someone used those names anyway, it'd probably be ok because they're not so old-fashioned as to have lost any real meaning to most people (and Cap and arguably the F4 are a bit old fashioned characters anyway). And Daredevil is still a completely normal word that wouldn't be out of place at all.

By comparison, anything involving the word 'Marvel' is going to sound extra old-fashioned to the point of being a real head scratcher for a lot of people because no one even uses the word marvel (or even marvelous) anymore. It's like basing a superhero name off of a word like Dreamboat or Kraut or 8-track - if the MCU didn't have the word 'Marvel' at the front of every movie, there's a good chance a huge portion of its audience would never have even encountered the word until Captain Marvel came out.
I mean, it's not like they can't justify it in-universe. The name could be something others poke fun at Jean with. They could be aware that it sounds old-fashioned and campy. Ant-Man went this route in poking fun at his name, but he grew to embrace it
Would love it be Dazzler, and it’s a full-blown musical about a hapless bar singer who is transported to Mojoworld & thrust into adventure with Longshot as they fight against Mojo’s tyranny.

Jim Carrey is Mojo.
a395a7dfebb51d5298a5e7ce0aea1cd5fda7288fr1-480-270_hq.gif

Lady Gaga is Spiral.
giphy.gif

Harry Styles is Longshot.
giphy.gif

And Dove Cameron is Dazzler.
tumblr_inline_pjl5251p4I1t9ndkh_400.gifv
Ah, yes.. The story of a slave leading a rebellion against his masters, and.. not one POC :O

no Agents of SHIELD actors on MCU xmen franchise, please.

Oh good call; I agree there. My fault for not knowing Agents of SHIELD—smh what a missed opportunity that show was.

Kelli Berglund would be the alternate. She still has a Disney background too

Last edited:
Ah, yes.. The story of a slave leading a rebellion against his masters, and.. not one POC :O

lol okay; not every property that’s fan cast needs to be race flipped. It’s an interstellar space opera about an alien that likes reality tv.

lol okay; not every property that’s fan cast needs to be race flipped. It’s an interstellar space opera about an alien that likes reality tv.
...Who runs a slave trade in a capitalist empire: the entire basis of Longshot's character.

And even if the story wasn't about slaves rising up against their oppressors, diversity shouldn't be something that's only considered when a story is about oppression. POC should be able to star in all types of films, regardless of genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"