• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pick Jubilee with the Spice X-Girls saving her at the mall.

who would be the x-men spice girls?

Baby - Shadowcat
Sporty - Storm?
Scary - Psylocke or Mystique
Posh - Emma
Ginger - Jean

I would love to see a show on Emma.

same, I would love to see a really driven #timesup time Emma where she’s not just the hot blonde like in past movies

who would be the x-men spice girls?

Baby - Shadowcat
Sporty - Storm?
Scary - Psylocke or Mystique
Posh - Emma
Ginger - Jean

Ginger - Marvel Girl
Sporty - Rogue
Scary - Storm
Baby - Dazzler
Posh - Psylocke

This mostly about hair colors. While I remember Mel B having white/silver hair in the past and that Storm looked the part as Mel B the most out of the 5.

Do you not get the concept of superheroes hiding their identities? Superheroes living double lives? Telling the public one thing but being something else entirely? That's Superhero 101.

The movies can still work up to being an actual school with a big student body. Nothing's stopping them from doing that. Eventually.

On top of that, if you are really going to complain about how Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters should be a school, are you also going to complain that the X-men should just have men as members? See how ridiculous that sounds?

The X-men are not the New Mutants...
Okay, but.. I actually love this idea so much. Having the school, or Mansion, start with the X-Men only, and then having it grow/expand over the films as Xavier opens the doors to public enrollment.

X1tumblr_pcl9zr1Yp11rnvulyo1_500.jpg

X3:
New_X-Men_Vol_1_126_Textless.jpg
In this instance, I think a young adult O5 would work best. Maybe the original purpose of the X-Mansion was to be a training ground for the O5 (a proto X-Men team). It was a secret program ran by Charles in accordance with SWORD (Hayward).

Maybe the film opens with their final mission: a battle against Magneto at Cape citadel:
1578223-original_x_men.jpg

Things go horribly wrong, they fail. Charles loses his legs, and Bobby (the youngest member), is severely injured. Magneto escapes. The program is shut down. Scott is the only one left, he's alone.

5-6 years pass

Transition to whoever kid POV is going to be e.g. Kitty/Jubilee. Their powers spike, and somwhow they end up at this Mansion (Maybe Kitty's father knows Charles, knows he's the only one who can help his daughter)

Kitty is the first "student" at what will become the school. She's the agent of change; the catalyst for the school. She's what makes Scott and Xavier realize that they have so much more to offer to the world.

There could also be an element of conquering trauma. This Mansion is a place where the O5, kids, were radicalized and transformed into soldiers. There's a powerful message there in repurposing/transforming the Mansion from a place of internment to an environment of refuge and understanding, for young mutants. So no mutant kid has to go through what Scott went through. I could see Scott & Kitty forming a strong bond.

The school has a much deeper, more powerful meaning.

Anyway, that's how I'd approach it :p

Yes!

Been wanting Denzel to do a villainous role again after Training Day
Same here! Now, obviously it would be a very different take on Stryker... Less David Duke, and more Louis Farrakhan. But I think it would be interesting to explore nonetheless; A brother so consumed by self-hate, that he projects himself onto mutants. It'd be like if Jesse Lee Peterson finally found a scapegoat to weaponize his own self-hate against.

I could see Denzel killing this role, and really exploring the layers of this character.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter if the prequels "jumped" decades each movie:
the X-Men still looked like teens in the publics eyes, in the trailers, posters, spots and all.

And not only that, Id bet so many viewers had no idea the movie was set 10 years later lol. So that "argument" is irrelevant, no offense. An image is bigger than words (the director interviews)

The characters aren't teens in Dark Phoenix and the actors range in age from early twenties to early thirties. So in what way is it a teenage cast? Young adult =/= teenager.

early thirties? what actors are you talking about exactly? :loco:
Tye, Sophie, Kodi, Ben Hardy, Lana and Alexandra are all in the twenties.

Point still remains: the actors never had the time to grow in the roles becoming adult X-Men in the public eyes, because they only appeared in two movies filmed in a matter of 3 years, so...... we never got "adult X-Men" in the prequels. They still acted like young people however you wanna try to twist things, sorry.

We’re kinda lucky that Stryker was the X-Men villain that the Fox movies chose to beat into the ground. I'm fine with the MCU movies never even mentioning him.

early thirties? what actors are you talking about exactly? :loco:
Tye, Sophie, Kodi, Ben Hardy, Lana and Alexandra are all in the twenties.

Point still remains: the actors never had the time to grow in the roles becoming adult X-Men in the public eyes, because they only appeared in two movies filmed in a matter of 3 years, so...... we never got "adult X-Men" in the prequels. They still acted like young people however you wanna try to twist things, sorry.

Were Evan Peters and Nicholas Hoult not in Dark Phoenix? Genuine question haven't seen it. Not to mention Fassbender and Mcavoy.

However you want to twist things, the characters weren't teenagers and the actors weren't teenagers. You can't say it was a teen cast because "well they felt like teens to me." You're complaint is that they weren't developed characters, that's completely irrelevant to the how old they were.

People need to stop conflating young adults with teens. They're two separate age groups. The Fox prequels had young adult X-men. For the MCU I'd like to see actually teenage X-men.

And that's fine. I don't think the debates are about Prof X and Magneto. Or even Quicksilver.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Tye, Sophie, Lana and Kodi were not quite in there 20s yet when shooting Apocalypse. FC was a young X-Men team, New Mutants was a young X-Men team, Apocalypse was a young X-Men team and so on. So those arguments hold. They hired many actors under the age of 21 or to play roles who were meant to be entering young adult hood at the oldest. I mean ,New Mutants should be a young team and there should clearly be younger students of various mutants in general at the mansion. But debating something like, everyone has to be a teen because that's what I want outside of Prof X is never gonna be an unanimous opinion. Even if that's what Marvel does.

Some want a change of pace with certain characters. Others just prefer certain characters as adults, others teens etc. Same things happened when younger and older version were in the comics. Why not just accept that and move on? You can still have your preference and others can have theirs.

There should be a mutual understanding that stories can be told with either at this point. But for some reason that has to be debated to death too.

Last edited:
And that's fine. I don't think the debates are about Prof X and Magneto. Or even Quicksilver.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Tye, Sophie, Lana and Kodi were not quite in there 20s yet when shooting Apocalypse. FC was a young X-Men team, New Mutants was a young X-Men team, Apocalypse was a young X-Men team and so on. So those arguments hold. They hired many actors under the age of 21 or to play roles who were meant to be entering young adult hood at the oldest. I mean ,New Mutants should be a young team and there should clearly be younger students of various mutants in general at the mansion. But debating something like, everyone has to be a teen because that's what I want outside of Prof X is never gonna be an unanimous opinion. Even if that's what Marvel does.

Some want a change of pace with certain characters. Others just prefer certain characters as adults, others teens etc. Same things happened when younger and older version where're in the comics. Why not just accept that and move on? You can still have your preference and others can have theirs.

Never said others can't have their preference. A teenage team is just what makes sense to me. If you like something else that's fine - we're all here because at the end of the day we like the same characters, even though we might prefer different interpretations. And I'm just pointing out that the take that I'd like would be a new take on the X-men not seen before. If they cast actual 15-19 year olds in the role (as opposed to young adults) and the film was told from that teenage perspective (as opposed to teachers like Xavier), with some focus on school life (as opposed to immediately blowing up the school and focusing on a world ending threat) - that'd be a new take.

Gotcha. This is what I'm not understanding. Tye and Sophie were actually around 18 when casted.

So you want them to be 15 instead and about 1 year in high school? Or to cast them the same age Tye and Sophie played only without the Prof X playing a big role? I'd think Xavier would likely need to be set up pretty heavily in that scenario. How would you minimize his role for introduction to the MCU with a new school and mentor relationship with Scott? Would there be other teachers besides him?

A lot does happen between being a Freshman and a Senior. So yeah, that could be very different if they were closer to being kids rather than adults.

Last edited:
I'd be OK with an adult team, but I want there to be a strong narrative reason for it. I don't want it to feel like the writers are needlessly skipping years of character development for no reason.

Especially if these characters are supposed to be our LEADS. As @Protar has articulated, the X-Men are not like other heroes. These characters started as teenagers, and that will always define the structure of this team, and inform the themes of this franchise

Last edited:
Honestly, off the top of my head maybe Xavier was teaching an actual school of Mutants before the Snap in 2018. Some of them continue to age like Beast, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Angel, idk then some stayed the age they were snapped at.

It's not very well thought out but that way you could have older X-Men like Charles (50's) or Beast (late 20's) and have younger X-Men like Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Jubilee (early 20's, late teens, early teens)

All of them still gain powers at puberty or around there, but some still need to learn and grow.

Yeah. Glad you got it.
But apparently some fans need to mention Magneto and Xavier over and over and over each time we discuss about The X-Men.

Well they are sort of the foundations of the story. Sort of the Ben Guruion and menachem begin of the xmen stories

My two ideas for D+ mini series

1. X-Men Origins (anthology series, basically origin stories of the core X-Men or whoever is in the X-Men team)
2. An anthology series for the villains, basically X-Men Origins for villains.

Yeah I don't really want a D+ series for Emma, Psylocke or Jubilee if characters like Storm and the Wolverine are getting their solo films. I want those characters to be treated equally. I would only be okay for The Wolverine show if it means the character won't get another film trilogy.

As for splinter teams heading to D+, its still a no for me. A big screen treatment is still more ideal to me. Imagine if GOTG was launched as streaming show instead of a film? Or if Eternals is reformatted as a streaming series instead of a theaterical film?

Love that idea psylockolussus I think that would go a lot further to make a lot more people happy. I mean the xmen are so complex. Every character has their own viewpoint and ideology and if you skip one it’s no good.

plus it’s a wonderful way to get more people to get to know lesser known characters

Gotcha. This is what I'm not understanding. Tye and Sophie were actually around 18 when casted.

So you want them to be 15 instead and about 1 year in high school? Or to cast them the same age Tye and Sophie played only without the Prof X playing a big role? I'd think Xavier would likely need to be set up pretty heavily in that scenario. How would you minimize his role for introduction to the MCU with a new school and mentor relationship with Scott? Would there be other teachers besides him?

A lot does happen between being a Freshman and a Senior. So yeah, that could be very different if they were closer to being kids rather than adults.

Obviously Xavier would remain an important character, but let's keep him as a mentor figure rather than the protagonist through which much of the story is told. More in the background, more of a cipher both to the audience and his students.

I could definitely see the institute having a couple of other teachers depending on how far into its founding we start the film. Maybe Moira McTaggart, maybe Cecilia Reyes, maybe Beast. But just a couple of teachers. I don't think the institute should be at the point where there is a large faculty of teachers-come-superheroes. Not yet at least.

For Disney+ my dream would be a film series and a streaming series both featuring the main X-men team. Films for the big events, then a series to show the smaller stories and develop the characters more.

I think we've got to stop seeing the shows as necessarily "lesser" than the movies. There are pros and cons to both and longform shows could work better for teams of characters. And the shows are a great avenue to shine a spotlight on smaller heroes who otherwise probably wouldn't get features. If there is a Psylocke show for example, that doesn't mean we've missed out on a Psylocke movie, it means we get a tv show for her where otherwise we probably wouldn't have gotten any sort of feature length content for her.

Honestly, off the top of my head maybe Xavier was teaching an actual school of Mutants before the Snap in 2018. Some of them continue to age like Beast, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Angel, idk then some stayed the age they were snapped at.

It's not very well thought out but that way you could have older X-Men like Charles (50's) or Beast (late 20's) and have younger X-Men like Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Jubilee (early 20's, late teens, early teens)

All of them still gain powers at puberty or around there, but some still need to learn and grow.
This is why I stay saying the snap is the best way to naturally weave them in.

Imagine the snap had a gestation period, within the months following the events of Infinity War, there was an x-gene surgent in kids and teens (10-19), and that was happening all throughout those 5 years. This is when Xavier formed the school-- to take in, and shelter as many of these kids as possible.

Xavier could've been one a few hundred rare mutants scattered around the world before Thanos happened. And ofc, after Hulk's and Tony's snaps, now there are even more mutants

I could see the institute being founded during the 5 year gap. Wandavision is set only a few weeks after Endgame and we still know so little of what happened during that gap. Perfectly reasonable for us to have not heard about the school yet.

What's the general thoughts on Wandavision this week where...

Wanda is now canon to being born with powers. The argument could be made that she was just born a Witch but Quicksilver would kind of switch that up.

Do they officially introduce Mutants next week? Or are they just gonna bypass and wait more?

I expect at the least for Evan Peters to be snapped out of the spell he's in, and wonder where the heck he is.

Last edited:
What's the general thoughts on Wandavision this week where...

Wanda is now canon to being born with powers. The argument could be made that she was just born a Witch but Quicksilver would kind of switch that up. Do they officially introduce Mutants next week?

I expect at the least for Evans to be snapped out of the spell he's in, and wonder where the heck he is.

To me it seemed like they were saying she was born a witch, that being a distinct thing from a mutant. Pietro does add a bit of a wrinkle to that though.

Love that idea psylockolussus I think that would go a lot further to make a lot more people happy. I mean the xmen are so complex. Every character has their own viewpoint and ideology and if you skip one it’s no good.

plus it’s a wonderful way to get more people to get to know lesser known characters
I'm enjoying WandaVision but... we had to wait 8 weeks.

In my mind, A X-Men Origin anthology series would be fast paced. Its like Lost but without the present day scenes. And you don't need to wait for weeks just to see how that character gained their power or how they croXed path with the X-Men. And they could use different set of characters in each of the episode.

Last edited:
To me it seemed like they were saying she was born a witch, that being a distinct thing from a mutant. Pietro does add a bit of a wrinkle to that though.
Yeah. Even though it was exposition heavy, I felt like they were very careful to leave much still as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"