• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadpool 3 is going to be its own thing. It won't be any more connected to the broader MCU than the first two movies were to the Singer-Verse.

I don't know about that. I think it's too soon to tell. I mean, take Evan Peters for instance. Many of us took as a fact that he was playing Pietro coming from the FOX-verse. Some believed he was staying for good. Turns out he was just a regular dude.

So who knows what are their plans for the next Deadpool movie?

But rebooting NTW would above all else just be utterly pointless. There's no reason to have her in the main movies and Brianna Hildebrand is incredible in the part. It would be a huge waste not to bring her back for movie 3.

But I think the same point can be made about several other characters. It's not hard to find people wanting McAvoy and Fassbender back. Or Olivia Munn. Or Paquinn. Or Marsden and Famke. Or even Jackman. Or Taylor Joy and Maise Williams. Or Lana Condor. Or even, until a few weeks ago, Evan Peters.

But I guess it's all personal preference too. I'd rather a full fresh start for mutants.

I'd keep a few of Wade's running mates as he transitions over to the MCU - NTW definitely, Yukio, Dopinder and probably Domino as well if you give Zazie a black eye patch. I'd drop Cable and Weasel. I saw folks online suggesting Ralph Bohner as a Weasel replacement, and I wholeheartedly agree. I would also swap out Colossus for Strong Guy and have Wade be very open about how disappointed he is in the change. "You stuck me with Strong Guy? Eff you, Feige!"

It might be a nice touch if you had a MCU Wizard - Wanda, Strange, Wong or Agatha - transporting Deadpool and his crew over to the MCU and immediately regretting the decision.

Last edited:
I would also swap out Colossus for Strong Guy and have Wade be very open about how disappointed he is in the change. "Yo

That is something IMO that does not translate as passion for the characters, and something that bothered some of us reagarding some characters in DP2: reducing them into a joke to serve Wade or his sense of humour.

Take NTW for instance. As far as I know, they originally intended to have Cannonball instead. But FOX did not allow them to use him and they chose Negasonic. They turned her into her own character. They didn't have to compare her to Sam. So I'm not a big fan of the idea of using Strong Guy and reducing him into a desappointing alternate for Colossus.

I remember an interview with the Russo brothers where they talk about how they try to respect the characters because no matter who they are, or how popular they are, there's someone buying a ticket because of that character. I love Strong Guy.

That is something IMO that does not translate as passion for the characters, and something that bothered some of us reagarding some characters in DP2: reducing them into a joke to serve Wade or his sense of humour.

Take NTW for instance. As far as I know, they originally intended to have Cannonball instead. But FOX did not allow them to use him and they chose Negasonic. They turned her into her own character. They didn't have to compare her to Sam. So I'm not a big fan of the idea of using Strong Guy and reducing him into a desappointing alternate for Colossus.

I remember an interview with the Russo brothers where they talk about how they try to respect the characters because no matter who they are, or how popular they are, there's someone buying a ticket because of that character. I love Strong Guy.

By the end of the film, Wade and the audience will too. But I am thinking Feige would want Piotr with X-Men Proper, so there could be an opening for a muscly sidekick.

Last edited:
Just read a "leak" from 4chan on the MCU spoilers subreddit. The leak itself is probably rubbish but it suggested that "The Mutants" could focus on Moira Mctaggart reincarnating throughout the ages and meeting mutants throughout history. An interesting potential route if they wanted to do a film about the wider role of mutants in society.
Checked out the details of that "leak" from 4chan.

It would have us believe Feige "demands that the line-up be based on the 'First Class' comics" yet in the same "report" the casting includes actors who are obviously supposed to be for Storm.

Thank you. Next.

Checked out the details of that "leak" from 4chan.

It would have us believe Feige "demands that the line-up be based on the 'First Class' comics" yet in the same "report" the casting includes actors who are obviously supposed to be for Storm.

Thank you. Next.

Yeah definitely not a legitimate leak, 99% of the 4chan leaks aren't. But they're still fun to read and speculate on.

Yeah, they can be fun to read.

I'm currently reading HoX/PoX and LOVING it. I can 100% see it being adapted in the distant future of the MCU.

That idea sounds awful
It does sound awful but if it's any consolation, the execution is better (though clunky in parts).

Most of it is retconned obviously. There's a lot of high concept and big ideas in the run but at the same time you kinda have to turn off your brain disregard a lot of things that you've read about Moira in the past. Seeing Moira as female Apocalypse is kinda cool but also ridiculous you just have to chuckle:
HOUSEOFX2019002_DC11.0.jpg

https://******************.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2019.11.10-07.11-******************-5dc860da604e5-e1573413342214.jpg

(I would KILL to get her in action figure form).

But like I said, it's cool but I don't see it lasting long. It will eventually get retconned in the books.

Last edited:
By the end of the film, Wade and the audience will too. But I am thinking Feige would want Piotr with X-Men Proper, so there could be an opening for a muscly sidekick.
How about Guido for the new muscle-y sidekick? They haven't used him yet.

What are you suggesting here, specifically regarding Colossus?
Just that I don't think there will be a problem if they want to cast a new Collossus in the MCU, given I don't expect them to be tying Deadpool 3 into their new X-Men franchise. There would just be a Colossus in Deadpool's universe and another one in the MCU.

Just that I don't think there will be a problem if they want to cast a new Collossus in the MCU, given I don't expect them to be tying Deadpool 3 into their new X-Men franchise. There would just be a Colossus in Deadpool's universe and another one in the MCU.
Do you think that would be too confusing for people? Two Colossui in the same space?

Yeah, they can be fun to read.

I'm currently reading HoX/PoX and LOVING it. I can 100% see it being adapted in the distant future of the MCU.

isn’t it amazing? I love that the xmen are epic again

Dont let Ryan Reynolds and friends introduce any important mutant or member of an important x-team.
The director of those potential projects should have the chance to choose the talent and the right people for that project, not Ryan and co.
I really hope Feige have learned from all those Fox mistakes.

Are we really arguing about the artistic integrity in the translation of Teenage Negasonic Warhead from her 5 panels of source material to a primary supporting role in a Hollywood blockbuster?

Deadpool 3 is going to be its own thing. It won't be any more connected to the broader MCU than the first two movies were to the Singer-Verse. I don't really see them wanting to use any of these characters in the MCU except maybe Colossus. And it shouldn't be a problem to have a version in each universe, IMO.

But rebooting NTW would above all else just be utterly pointless. There's no reason to have her in the main movies and Brianna Hildebrand is incredible in the part. It would be a huge waste not to bring her back for movie 3.

4D79F340-156D-4DE2-B250-C821F8C1FB55.gif

Why would Feige do that?

I don't think even Colossus fans want to see two different Piotrs existing simultaneously. This isn't the DCEU.
That's a great idea!
lol

I mean, I don't know what their plans are, but if they didn't get another Pietro when they had the chance, I assume they're not giving us two versions of Colossus either. Just a guess.

I'm hoping they'll keep Domino, Cable, Colossus and X-Force out of Deadpool and save them for the MCU.

I definitely don't want to see House of X this early.... its a reboot and you are already jumping to a 2020 comic book storyline especially with the Mutants?? Yeah big pass.

Why would Feige do that?

I don't think even Colossus fans want to see two different Piotrs existing simultaneously. This isn't the DCEU.

lol
For years, the narrative was that Warner Brothers was stupid for not allowing multiple versions of the characters across their different mediums. Now why are they stupid for allowing that? I think it's been made abundantly clear the GA doesn't care.
Do you think that would be too confusing for people? Two Colossui in the same space?
They wouldn't be in the same space though, if the Deadpool movies stay their own thing.
No one has said it explictly, but they have repeatedly hammered home the point that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've seen no signs that they hav plans other than letting Reynolds just continue to do his thing. Do we really think they're going to have that Deadpool interact with the larger MCU?

Some people think Marvel Studios will act just like Fox, with two Colossus in a matter of years, two Emma's, two Moiras, two Calibans.... :funny: :funny: :funny:
No, guys, Feige has more respect for his universe and the fanbase than Fox and their crew.

For years, the narrative was that Warner Brothers was stupid for not allowing multiple versions of the characters across their different mediums. Now why are they stupid for allowing that? I think it's been made abundantly clear the GA doesn't care.

I don't think Feige built the MCU with a "the general audience wouldn't care anyway" mentality. There's an effort there in making things cohesive. Which is why I don't think we'll have two Colossus.

Do you really think Feige is out there looking at the billions his movies have made, not to mention the accolades they have gotten, and then the output of his "Distinguished Competition" and thinking:

"We've done so well for over a decade, but you know what would make it better? Some of *that* mess!"

No one has said it explictly, but they have repeatedly hammered home the point that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've seen no signs that they hav plans other than letting Reynolds just continue to do his thing. Do we really think they're going to have that Deadpool interact with the larger MCU?
I've been thinking about this lately. There's a general assumption around here that any future Deadpool movie will be sectioned off in its own corner, separate from the rest of the MCU, much like the first two movies were from the other Fox movies, so that Reynolds as Wade can really stretch his wings and do his thing. And it's very possible that's what they'll do.

But like...what if they didn't do that? What if Deadpool 3 actually WAS an integral part of the MCU, with characters and events that role over into the other movies, like any other entry? Is that even possible? Or can the Deadpool character only function as an R-rated parody of other super-hero stories and not a canon part of them?

I've been thinking about this lately. There's a general assumption around here that any future Deadpool movie will be sectioned off in its own corner, separate from the rest of the MCU, much like the first two movies were from the other Fox movies, so that Reynolds as Wade can really stretch his wings and do his thing. And it's very possible that's what they'll do.

But like...what if they didn't do that? What if Deadpool 3 actually WAS an integral part of the MCU, with characters and events that role over into the other movies, like any other entry? Is that even possible? Or can the Deadpool character only function as an R-rated parody of other super-hero stories and not a canon part of them?
I think he’s better suited to being walled off where anything can happen in his films with other MCU characters but it’s all treated as separate. The only place I would possibly want to see him appearing outside of that is something for comedy like Guardians or a bit more serious like an X-Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"