• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years, the narrative was that Warner Brothers was stupid for not allowing multiple versions of the characters across their different mediums. Now why are they stupid for allowing that? I think it's been made abundantly clear the GA doesn't care.

They wouldn't be in the same space though, if the Deadpool movies stay their own thing.

No one has said it explictly, but they have repeatedly hammered home the point that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've seen no signs that they hav plans other than letting Reynolds just continue to do his thing. Do we really think they're going to have that Deadpool interact with the larger MCU?

Yes. They are a stickler for continuity.

I mean from day one of the Fox acquisition, Disney outright made a statement saying “Expect X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool to be integrated in the MCU.”

That’s it.

Do you really think Feige is out there looking at the billions his movies have made, not to mention the accolades they have gotten, and then the output of his "Distinguished Competition" and thinking:

"We've done so well for over a decade, but you know what would make it better? Some of *that* mess!"
The most successful DC movies have been the ones that were most disconnected from the Snyder-Verse, so I sure hope Feige isn't looking at them and thinking "The problem was allowing projects outside of the plan."
I've been thinking about this lately. There's a general assumption around here that any future Deadpool movie will be sectioned off in its own corner, separate from the rest of the MCU, much like the first two movies were from the other Fox movies, so that Reynolds as Wade can really stretch his wings and do his thing. And it's very possible that's what they'll do.

But like...what if they didn't do that? What if Deadpool 3 actually WAS an integral part of the MCU, with characters and events that role over into the other movies, like any other entry? Is that even possible? Or can the Deadpool character only function as an R-rated parody of other super-hero stories and not a canon part of them?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't imagine a world, given everything we know about Disney and everything Feige has said about "mature content," that we get an R-Rated Deadpool as part of the MCU. And since they've made it very clear that Deadpool 3 will remain R-Rated and have emphasized not changing Reynolds' "winning formula," it doesn't sound to me like people trying to force that series into their own.

And, IMO, the "Everything Must Be Directly Connected" approach is one of the biggest weaknesses of the MCU in general, that keeps them from branching too far out with experimental projects.

Just that I don't think there will be a problem if they want to cast a new Collossus in the MCU, given I don't expect them to be tying Deadpool 3 into their new X-Men franchise. There would just be a Colossus in Deadpool's universe and another one in the MCU.
I definitely want a new colossus in MCU!

I definitely don't want to see House of X this early.... its a reboot and you are already jumping to a 2020 comic book storyline especially with the Mutants?? Yeah big pass.

they did winter soldier pretty quickly after the comics and that turned out great

they did winter soldier pretty quickly after the comics and that turned out great
What I dislike about House of X is that every mutant that is killed gets resurrected right away and almost every X-villain live under the same roof/place as the X-Men.

I don't need to see that very early in the Mutants' phase in the Mcu. And there are certainly better stories from the comiXs to adapt for The Mutants.

The most successful DC movies have been the ones that were most disconnected from the Snyder-Verse, so I sure hope Feige isn't looking at them and thinking "The problem was allowing projects outside of the plan."
But you told us on a post before this one that the MCU "have repeatedly hammered home the point that 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'" So with your suggestion that they change what they've seemingly perfected in the past (box office, audience and critical acclaim prove this), you seem to be saying the MCU is broken and that you clearly think it needs fixing. It also sounds like from your scenario that the MCU is the Snyder-Verse.

I don't think a lot of people would be agreeing with you about any of this.

And, IMO, the "Everything Must Be Directly Connected" approach is one of the biggest weaknesses of the MCU in general, that keeps them from branching too far out with experimental projects.
Hmmm thats actually the greatest asset of the MCU especially compare to Dceu and FoXverse. And its one of the reasons why MCU has been so successful at the boX office.

That being said, if Kevin Feige decides that there's 1 movie, Deadpool 3 that will break this tradition and will act like its own thing (similar to previous Marvel live action tv series that the mcu movies just completely ignored), okay then. But Deadpool would likely to appear with the other MCU actors, and they are probably going to make some rules to make things not confusing. If thats retconning characters that appeared in Deadpool 1/2 so be it, those weren't mcu films in the first place.

But there's really no way they would make 2 different Colossus. Thats kinda defeating the purpose of a X-Men reboot in the mcu. We don't need to see these inconsistencies again especially with the X-Men.

But you told us on a post before this one that the MCU "have repeatedly hammered home the point that 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'" So with your suggestion that they change what they've seemingly perfected in the past (box office, audience and critical acclaim prove this), you seem to be saying the MCU is broken and that you clearly think it needs fixing. It also sounds like from your scenario that the MCU is the Snyder-Verse.

I don't think a lot of people would be agreeing with you about any of this.
That "ain't broke, don't fix it" lines were in reference to Deadpool. But inserting Deadpool into the MCU WOULD be unavoidably changing the formula by crossing over with an R-Rated property, so the saying applies both ways. They have three choices here:

1) Change the MCU by making it a place where R-Rated characters and films exist, inevitably raising questions/demands about why looser standards can't apply to other characters besides Deadpool.

2) Change Deadpool by rebooting and going back on their word to censor him, allowing clean crossover as yet another PG-13 franchise.

3) Simply move forward with Deadpool 3 as it was originally planned with adjustments to the plot based on plans they might have for some characters elsewhere. It is not part of the MCU nor be marketed as such, simply another movie that Marvel also happens to be producing, just like how Disney "technically" makes movies like "Pulp Fiction."

If you ask me, the choice here is clear. Keeping Deadpool separate allows the smoothest transition and holds the least risk for all parties involved, while maintaining the status quo that Feige so rigorously maintains.

re: criticism of the MCU - I have a lot of issues with it that I've unpacked fairly frequently, some of which they seem to be improving on, others not so much. That's ultimately immaterial to the question of whether Deadpool joins the MCU. As someone who wishes they WOULD make a space for R-Rated content, I wish he could simply join as-is (Option 1 above) but I do not think that is the path Disney and Marvel will agree on.

And yes, the Snyderverse was an attempt to create a DC-equivalent to the MCU. It fell to pieces because of studio interference and Snyder's deeply flawed vision, and they have since seen success in just greenlighting what works without being bound by an all-powerful continuity. It's blatant proof that NO everything does not have to be connected to be successful. Mandating that every output be intricately tied to a single storyline is only limiting.

Deadpool will definitely be part of the MCU. The potential draw of characters like Thor, Hulk or Spiderman appearing in a Deadpool flick is too great. That said I don't know how much DP will appear in other films. His brand of humour (not necessarily the vulgar r-rated stuff but the meta fourth-wall breaking stuff) would take over any scene he's in. But there are definitely places he could fit. Can definitely see him in a Taika film or alongside the GotG.

as long as Deadpool doesnt appear in X-Men 1, Captain Marvel & Black Panther sequels, Im good.
he can appear in all the thor, guardians and spiderman movies they want, I will skip those in the theatres :funny: :funny: :funny: :cool:

Deadpool will definitely be part of the MCU. The potential draw of characters like Thor, Hulk or Spiderman appearing in a Deadpool flick is too great. That said I don't know how much DP will appear in other films. His brand of humour (not necessarily the vulgar r-rated stuff but the meta fourth-wall breaking stuff) would take over any scene he's in. But there are definitely places he could fit. Can definitely see him in a Taika film or alongside the GotG.
I would definitely prefer to keep him out of other characters' movies, even the funnier ones. Just use the MCU in his future films the way the previous two used the Fox X-Men franchise.

Zazie Beetz Comments on Domino's Possible Return in Deadpool 3
“No, I haven’t [heard about Domino’s return],” said Beetz. “I would love to revive the role. That was always in the world of what was potentially going to happen. I haven’t had any specific conversations around it. But I’m interested. Not only would I love to revive the role, I would love to figure out a way to make a Domino movie or something like that. We’ll see what happens, but I haven’t had any personal conversations.”

I just want to see nightcrawler and wolverine gifting each other framed photos of each other all the time

Guardians of the Galaxy is getting a Christmass special on D+. It would be cool to see the X-Men getting one too in the future.

With Kingsley Bin-Adir landing the antagonist in Secret Invasion, that makes two of my top Cyclops castings that Marvel has scooped up for villains instead. Back to the drawing board...

Once X-Men have been around a while, Disney + really makes many things like this possible that I couldn’t see happening on film.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't imagine a world, given everything we know about Disney and everything Feige has said about "mature content," that we get an R-Rated Deadpool as part of the MCU. And since they've made it very clear that Deadpool 3 will remain R-Rated and have emphasized not changing Reynolds' "winning formula," it doesn't sound to me like people trying to force that series into their own.

I'd say WandaVision proves that's hogwash.

That is a Christmas special I would 100% support :hrt:

yeah, also it would be fun to see the xmen happily celebrate even for people who don’t celebrate Christmas. Like, we have a Christmas special and then include a bit saying “but also, kitty is celebrating hannukah and Sooraya is doing Ramadan” or something like that. It’s what makes the xmen special as opposed to just the avengers

yeah, Id just love to see the X-Men celebrating anything, and seeing all the team together on the same room, eating, smiling and having some quality time. The Fox franchise lacked that big time, and moments like these help to make the audience connect with them and see how good of a family they are, instead of just "missions partners"

yeah, Id just love to see the X-Men celebrating anything, and seeing all the team together on the same room, eating, smiling and having some quality time. The Fox franchise lacked that big time, and moments like these help to make the audience connect with them and see how good of a family they are, instead of just "missions partners"
It would give a much better chance for characters to bond with each other and for the audience to bond with the characters. These kind of events as well as chilled out moments like playing football or baseball in the park were so great in the comics.

If they do decide to move production to Australia, I could see them filming at Santa Sabina College in Sydney

TF&WS spoiler.
Did anyone else see that in episode one credits was the words of forces from neighboring Madripoor have committing human rights violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"