• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mutants are introduced, it will be a big deal, so probably a future Comic-Con or D23. This way they can get a lot of buzz.

There was no mutant in Black Widow or else it would have been a big deal now. Daniel Richters sounds like a Twitter user posting scoops. I'm sure I've read his name online regarding mcu scoops.... weird how he's claiming he played the first MCU Mutant.

Edit: The twitter scooper is Richman.

This sounds like that time Fan BingBing said she was returning in a sequel to Days of Future Past because she was contractually-signed to multiple movies. Another actor reading way too much into the part. I blame her agent for leading her on.

In the case of the Ursa Major actor, he's just another actor who probably got excited about his part and went googling. I doubt Feige actually told him he's the MCU's first mutant lol. What's funnier is that he had to specify in his instagram post that not only is he the first mutant, he's the first (X-Men).

Dude take several seats, you're not an X-man lol

Edit: If I were in his place, I probably would be excited too so I don't blame him, but just as the linked article states, this is most likely not the route Feige is introducing their first mutant.

Last edited:
I think Hugh is definitely coming back in some way.

I would love if he was our MCU Wolverine. Just give him the suit! Hugh’s age works IMO. Wolverine ages slowly, and just look at Frank Miller’s Wolverine (my favorite). He was no spring chicken there. X-Men: Evolution could’ve dropped some of the high school elements, but the team dynamic was handled very well. I liked Storm, Beast, and Wolverine being a bit older than Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Jean Grey.

I wanted Hugh Jackman as Kraven the hunter in the MCU. But they chose Quicksilver instead.

Bringing back Hugh Jackman as MCU Wolverine would be a tremendous mistake as I think Jackman couldn’t have had a better send-off to the role than Logan, and not to sound ageist but he’s already in his fifties. Whenever Marvel cast their Wolverine, they expect a lengthy tenure that’s at least half as long as Jackman’s seventeen years as Wolverine. Jackman would already be approaching his near seventies by the time he finishes a decade as the character. Plus, I’m eager to see another actor bring a new take to Wolverine.

Last edited:
At this point, I wouldn’t mind seeing Jackman as an 'Old Man' Logan-type crossing into the MCU. Not necessarily the version from Logan but maybe from the OT timeline & he's a seasoned X-Man.

Let him pal around with Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 3, and fight Mark Ruffalo in a Wolverine vs. Hulk / Alpha Flight / Weapon-X film. And let him serve as drill sergeant like in X-Men Evolution to a younger team while Scott learns to lead. I think we’re all just in a waiting game until Secret Wars mega crossover anyway—let Jackman act alongside these versions of the characters (RDJ, Evans, etc. all returning). Yes Hugh Jackman is older now, but it's not like he's in terrible shape nor would he need to get back to peak-physical shape like in The Wolverine / Days of Future Past.

This is him two months ago at 52...
Hugh-Jackman-shirtless-mega-ftr.jpg

Laura/X-23 can easily take the Wolverine mantle for the MCU--to be honest, why not? Or the eventual Secret Wars could offer in-plot reasoning for recasting/resetting characters with a new Logan appearing in movies after then. And it's not like the X-Men aren't known for always messing with their timelines in the comics...

I don’t subscribe that Logan was the perfect send-off for the character. It was a well-acted piece for Jackman, but there’s so much more fun stories for him to tell and I think audiences are going to be reinvigorated with seeing their favorites reimagined in modern cinematic universes after Keaton’s return in Flashpoint and of course Maguire and Garfield in No Way Home and/or Multiverse of Madness.

I think Hugh is definitely coming back in some way.

I would love if he was our MCU Wolverine. Just give him the suit! Hugh’s age works IMO. Wolverine ages slowly, and just look at Frank Miller’s Wolverine (my favorite). He was no spring chicken there. X-Men: Evolution could’ve dropped some of the high school elements, but the team dynamic was handled very well. I liked Storm, Beast, and Wolverine being a bit older than Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Jean Grey.

I think the X-Men: Evolution route works best. Would love to see a long-arching plot across multiple films of the younger class of X-Men (led by Cyclops) challenging the old guard & the way they handle mutantdom/hiding from humanity, etc. Thinking of Season 3's "The Stuff of Heroes," when Scott finally takes control of the team & challenges Logan's authority. Great character journey for Scott.

I think I’d prefer Jackman returning over a recast.

It still works. Wolverine is over 100 years old. I want Jackman to come back and wear the suit. There’s excitement in seeing another actor in the role, but I don’t think they’re going to rehash the same stuff, so it will feel fresh if Jackman returns or not.

Agreed. It still works.
That makes all the difference for Jackman.

Tbh, had Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix been better received, this would be easy. Those actors, for the most part, were well cast. But the movies themselves failed everyone. I’d be more than merry to keep Fassbender & McAvoy too, but I wonder the baggage that brings with it? Even with BO duds, Jackman is so lovable as Wolverine.

I could see him getting one more go and then I’m happy for a recast. Nothing against him, just it’s a physical role and it’s a good opportunity for someone new. Especially if they get, like, a twenty year old Jean for the mcu

I could see him getting one more go and then I’m happy for a recast. Nothing against him, just it’s a physical role and it’s a good opportunity for someone new. Especially if they get, like, a twenty year old Jean for the mcu

There’s so much more to X-Men though than Wolverine, and especially the Logan/Jean flirtation.

I say strike while the iron’s hot and continue using Jackman as Wolverine while Jackman is still viable. His 52 is not a normal human 52 lol.

Audiences are accepting of alternate versions of heroes—use Jackman to introduce a Laura Wolverine, using the actress from Logan or otherwise to fight alongside the heroes of the MCU.

From what I remember of X-Men: Evolution, Professor X used Cerebro to hide the existence of Mutants from the world. Wouldn’t that be the easiest explanation for mutants in the MCU?

Also in Evolution, Magneto used a machine that de aged him, which could be an easy explanation for Magneto’s WW2 origins.

Last edited:
I wonder if audiences would want McAvoy and Fassbender though…

Great performances but two duds back to back. I find myself going back and forth. At what point do you recast? Is Tye Sheridan back as Cyclops? Sophie Turner & Alexandra Shipp?

I don’t subscribe that Logan was the perfect send-off for the character. It was a well-acted piece for Jackman, but there’s so much more fun stories for him to tell and I think audiences are going to be reinvigorated with seeing their favorites reimagined in modern cinematic universes after Keaton’s return in Flashpoint and of course Maguire and Garfield in No Way Home and/or Multiverse of Madness.
Well, you might not, but Jackman does and I don’t see him coming back to play the role beyond a minor cameo in Multiverse Of Madness. As for your point about audiences getting stoked for the return of Maguire and Keaton…interesting point, but I think you have to acknowledge that a huge factor in the excitement in their return is seeing those actors come back to play those roles after a long time. In Jackman’s case, he’s played the role much longer than either Maguire or Keaton played theirs. Remember, Keaton only got two movies, Maguire was only in three, and they’re both coming back after a long period of time not playing those roles. Jackman in comparison was in a whopping 9 movies and played the role for seventeen consecutive years and was never recast with other actors.

If Jackman comes back in Multiverse of Madness next year it only would’ve been five years since audiences last saw him as Wolverine. That would be a relatively short amount of time compared to Maguire’s 14 year absence as Spider-Man and Keaton’s 30 year absence as Batman so it simply wouldn’t excite audiences the same way those guys return as the gap between the last time he played the role and his return would be much shorter than those guys. Jackman will likely return to the role in Multiverse of Madness as a favor for his friend Kevin Feige and that’ll be it.

Jackman has played the role longer than there’s even been a Marvel cinematic universe. I think after playing the role for that long he isn’t going to want to play the same role for another decade in a half. I don’t see why we can’t move beyond Jackman, he did a great job and all, but he’s not impossible to replace and I think Jackman should be fine with passing the torch to another actor. Jackman is to Wolverine like Sean Connery is to Bond, and even they replaced Connery with new actors. If they recast Connery arguably the most beloved Bond, surely they can recast Jackman.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before but it's something I've been curious about for a while now. If Deadpool comes out before the official introduction of mutants into the MCU, does that mean he can't bring his friends with him? At least not yet? Those friends being Cable, Colossus, Negasonic, and Domino?

I'm sure they can easily conceive a story where he's on his own or that he got rebooted except he's fully aware of it and can joke about how Papa Feige broke up the team. Whatever the case is, there is just no way DP3 is gonna be the movie that introduces mutants into the MCU. So he has to go on his next adventure without them, at least temporarily right?

Well, you might but Jackman does and I don’t see him coming back to play the role beyond a minor cameo in Multiverse Of Madness. As for your point about audiences getting stoked for the return of Maguire and Keaton…interesting point, but I think you have to acknowledge that a huge factor in the excitement in their return is seeing those actors come back play to play those roles after a long time. In Jackman’s case, he’s played the role much longer than either Maguire or Keaton played theirs. Remember, Keaton only got two movies, Maguire was only in three, and they’re both coming back after a long period of time not playing those roles. Jackman in comparison was in a whopping 9 movies and played the role for seventeen consecutive years. If Jackman comes back in Multiverse Madness next year it only would’ve been five years since audiences last saw him as Wolverine. That would be a relatively short amount of time compared to Maguire’s 14 year absence as Spider-Man and Keaton’s 30 year old absence as Batman so it simply wouldn’t excite audiences the same way those guys return as the gap between the last time he played the role and his return would be much shorter than those guys. Jackman will likely return to the role in Multiverse of Madness as a favor for his friend Kevin Feige and that’ll be it.

Jackman has played the role longer than there’s even been a Marvel cinematic universe. I think after playing the role for that long he isn’t going to want to play the same role for another decade in a half.

He does until he doesn’t, right? He’s an actor, and a good movie (and eventual exit strategy) with old pal Kevin Feige might be enough to persuade him.

These Marvel movies strike a lot of the right chords amongst the fans, and Jackman has always seemed to be the guy that respected the character and its legacy. I think Logan gave him a clean exit from the character that he could be proud of in an otherwise-tumultuous cinematic universe where every movie was a gamble, and even the good ones had behind-the-scenes production woes. Maybe if he had the steady hand of the MCU, Jackman would have had zero qualms about continuing to play the character for years and years. A few films as Old Man Logan rather than a one-and-done.

And maybe Keaton could garner more excitement—just maybeee— but just because it’s been 14 years since Spider-Man 3, I’m not convinced audiences want Tobey Maguire in the MCU more than Hugh Jackman. 5 years since Logan or otherwise, Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine for cinematic audiences and I think people would be hyped to see him in these films—whatever that looks like.

Last edited:
He does until he doesn’t, right? He’s an actor, and a good movie (and eventual exit strategy) with old pal Kevin Feige might be enough to persuade him.

These Marvel movies strike a lot of the right chords amongst the fans, and Jackman has always been a guy that respected the character. I think Logan gave him a clean exit from the character that he could be proud of in an otherwise tumultuous cinematic universe where every movie was a gamble, and even the good ones had undesirable production stories. Maybe if he had the steady hand of the MCU, Jackman would have had zero qualms about continuing to play the character for years and years. A few films as Old Man Logan rather than a one-and-done.
That’s a good point. When you put it that way, that might be too tantalizing for Jackman to pass up. You’re right he could always change his mind, and if rumors are to be believed he might be in Multiverse Of Madness in a cameo role, but that dude been’s playing that role consecutively for seventeen years. He has the longest tenure of any actor playing a superhero role in live-action(he played the role before the MCU was even a thing). I don’t see him coming back to play the role for another decade especially after he’s publicly stated he’s excited to see another actor in the role. I think he’ll be in Multiverse Of Madness as a fun little cameo and that’ll be it. And as someone who never cared that much for his Wolverine performance, I’d much rather have another younger actor take a stab at it than him coming back. That being said, if Jackman does decide to come back for a few more movies I wouldn’t be opposed too much, but I still want a new actor.

Last edited:
I’m a Keaton Batman fanboy, but even I can admit the excitement around Hugh Jackman’s potential return would likely dwarf that of Keaton or Maguire’s. Wolverine has only been played by one actor, and pretty perfectly I might add.

If they did some camera tricks to make Hugh look shorter and gave him the suit, oh man. He’d be unstoppable. I’d 100% sit through a Wolverine tv show with him in the lead role, even if it rehashes the events of the X-Men movies. Don’t care. Hugh is the man, I don’t think anyone else will click with audiences the way he did. Same with RDJ and Reynolds as Deadpool. Irreplaceable as long as those guys are still around.

I’m a Keaton Batman fanboy, but even I can admit the excitement around Hugh Jackman’s potential return would likely dwarf that of Keaton or Maguire’s. Wolverine has only been played by one actor, and pretty perfectly I might add.

If they did some camera tricks to make Hugh look shorter and gave him the suit, oh man. He’d be unstoppable. I’d 100% sit through a Wolverine tv show with him in the lead role, even if it rehashes the events of the X-Men movies. Don’t care. Hugh is the man, I don’t think anyone else will click with audiences the way he did. Same with RDJ and Reynolds as Deadpool. Irreplaceable as long as those guys are still around.
I don’t agree that excitement over Jackman’s return would surpass excitement for Maguire or Keaton simply because both actors have stopped playing those roles for a much longer time than Jackman so as a result there’s going to be much longer period of missing those actors in those roles than Jackman. Jackman, in contrast, has played that role for seventeen consecutive years. Not to mention Jackman’s Wolvie had a pretty definitive closure with Logan which is a luxury that neither Maguire Spider-Man or Keaton Batman ever had. Personally, I know I’m way more excited for Maguire and Keaton to return than I am for Jackman coming back. I don’t even care for Jackman’s take of the character, and actually wanted him recast a long time ago even before Disney bought Fox. Around the time time Logan was coming out, Jackman actually suggested Tom Hardy as a replacement for him & actually Hardy was Matthew Vaughn’s choice for a younger Wolverine in his proposed First Class sequel that never got made. He’d be a good choice to replace him if wasn’t already cast as Venom.

Last edited:
I've said it before and Ive said it again. They need to fresh start with new actors and not bring the foX actors in the same role. I feel like Kevin Feige might be star strucked with Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman. But when you literally have a 20 billion grossing movie franchise under your resume, the public isn't going to skip watching Deadpool and the Mutants if they are recast.

Also Hugh already said Logan is his last movie... I would hate to see him turn back on his word just because he wants to go hang out with Deadpool and friends.

Sorry if this has been asked before but it's something I've been curious about for a while now. If Deadpool comes out before the official introduction of mutants into the MCU, does that mean he can't bring his friends with him? At least not yet? Those friends being Cable, Colossus, Negasonic, and Domino?

I'm sure they can easily conceive a story where he's on his own or that he got rebooted except he's fully aware of it and can joke about how Papa Feige broke up the team. Whatever the case is, there is just no way DP3 is gonna be the movie that introduces mutants into the MCU. So he has to go on his next adventure without them, at least temporarily right?

That's impossible to answer with any certainty. It's entirely possible (maybe even probable) that introducing the concept of mutants in non-X-men films leading up to the first X-men movie will actually be Feige's plan. If that's the case, whether they introduce the first mutant characters in Deadpool 3, Black Panther 2, Multiverse of Madness, Fantastic Four or wherever else, it really wouldn't make any difference. It's also not completely impossible (though I think highly unlikely) that they've been secretly fast tracking the first X-men movie so that it will actually come out before DP3.

Whichever way it goes, though, I would say there's a very, very high possibility that Deadpool won't be allowed to bring anyone (of the X-men) with him other than maybe Negasonic. That version of Colossus works fine for the DP movies, but no way does Feige want that to be the real/main Colossus of the MCU. Domino and Cable are somewhat more plausible, but still characters that I expect Feige would want to be able to build from the ground up himself (even if he chose to use the same actors). Unless there're just going to be multiple versions of these characters in the MCU, which I doubt, then the Deadpool versions of them aren't going to make the trip (at least not permanently).

Negasonic is a character that would never really appear in the MCU anyway, so for her to come along as Deadpool's sidekick would be fine.

Last edited:
I imagine Negasonic isn't someone Kevin Feige would have introduced in the MCU if they had the film rights for Deadpool all this time. So I don't see why Negasonic would be tagged along with Deadpool... unless Feige is a fan of foX's Negasonic Teenage Warhead. I honestly don't see the benefit of carrying over that character (and the actress) - a X-Men trainee by Colossus, into the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"