• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Rudd will be 53 in April. You honestly think Feige will be putting him out to pasture after Quantumania?

Feige: "Paul, you're too old. Kindly leave." LMAO

What is it with people and this insane mentality that 50 is a death sentence for actors?

I'm just glad the studio doesn't think this way.
If we’re actually thinking logically here and following the recent trend of MCU casting
Hardy joining the MCU, D’Onofrio as Kingpin, Cox as Daredevil, Reynolds as Deadpool, Stewart as Professor X, and Tobey and Garfield returning
it’s a pretty easy jump to assume Feige also thinks Jackman returning would be the smart option.

Im honestly just waiting on the announcement

frozen-elsa.gif

This is why I don't like Multiverse crap. It's poisoned the well, and so has No Way Home.

I blame Alan Moore. He caused all this.

the-daredevils-7-1983_card.jpg
The only reason I'm excited for No Way Home is Maguire, Dafoe & Molina. The Holland films have been trash. I think it's a BRILLIANT idea to bring back the most beloved Spider-Man of them all along with his equally beloved rogues gallery.

The "Multiverse crap" will propel No Way Home to the biggest box office numbers since the pandemic started.

Tbh the latest string of MCU stuff has done **** all for me. The Disney+ Shows are mostly missable but watchable, the last 3 movies were formulaic and/or scraping the bottom of the barrel. NWH is the first unmissable MCU product in a while… I enjoyed Venom 2 more than all the most recent Marvel films and shows for two reasons: I like the casting and the character. This has been a bit of a rough patch for Marvel, and they really need the boost from NWH. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. The MCU X-Men franchise would benefit from having a familiar face, and I think the numbers for NWH will solidify that notion even more.

Tbh the latest string of MCU stuff has done **** all for me. The Disney+ Shows are mostly missable but watchable, the last 3 movies were formulaic and/or scraping the bottom of the barrel. NWH is the first unmissable MCU product in a while… I enjoyed Venom 2 more than all the most recent Marvel films and shows for two reasons: I like the casting and the character. This has been a bit of a rough patch for Marvel, and they really need the boost from NWH. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. The MCU X-Men franchise would benefit from having a familiar face, and I think the numbers for NWH will solidify that notion even more.

Biggest pre-sales since Endgame. Bigger than both previous Holland films. And Maguire hasn't even been officially shown. Just the unofficial promise of Maguire made No Way Home incredibly successful.

A Jackman-led MCU X-Men movie (or any MCU movie) would be even bigger.

Those guys wanted out to move on to new things but I bet Feige would have been happy to keep them. Iron Man doesn’t need to stay particularly young and I would also have loved to see veteran Cap over the next 10 years. Hemsworth on the other hand seems happy to be sticking around, and Renner and Ruffalo are still here as of now. I think unless they want to write a death for story reasons during a major event there's no reason to end a character permanently at an arbitrary time.

Hemsworth is seemingly the exception for now, but I would argue that Renner and Ruffalo (Renner especially before Hawkeye) have been relegated to supporting, if not minor, roles in the MCU. I don't think they work as a comparison to Jackman as Wolverine.

But, along those lines, the MCU is much more-ensemble friendly than the Fox movies (with maybe the exception of First Class) ever were. It allows actors to step in the role for a few weeks time, get that payday, and move on to indie films/passion projects, etc. A work balance such as this could be more enticing for Jackman, especially since his age is now such a concern for everyone.

Are you saying the same people who are bothered by overexposure are pushing for another 2 decades of Wolverine or different people? :cwink:

Lol I don't know if its the same people or not, but I get negative responses about Jackman returning to the character after taking much of the spotlight in the original X-Men films in addition to posts about wanting an actor who can stick around for 20 years as Wolverine, with solo movies & crossovers with Avengers characters, etc. Which, to me, sounds like another Wolverine-centric X-Men universe. So it can be a little confusing.

A Jackman led X-Men movie has never cracked $235 million in the US. Why is he going to be the MCU savior here?

Can't compare FOX X-Men movies to MCU movies. Different league. Different eras. The MCU doesn't need saving. Even unknown properties like Shang Chi make money under the Marvel Studios banner. An MCU X-Men movie would make money regardless of who's starring in it.

Jackman would just take it up to No Way Home levels of mass appeal and notoriety.

The mindset that Hugh Jackman is some type of God that is above a whole big cast and is the only x-man that should stay is sooo annoying and offensive to me.
If Marvel wanted to continue Fox franchise, they should keep the whole cast, not just Jackman, giving him even more exposure, development, screentime while totally ignoring all the other talent from original trilogy, Jackman's actual cast partners (with plenty of awards winning, nominated and talented names, both male and female, both older and younger).

The pick and choose attitude of Hollywood and a portion of the fanbase is disgusting, in my book. None, NONE is above everyone else. So a studio either reboot a property 100% or just dont.

I am primarily pushing for just Jackman to return but as a survivor of the Fox universe, not necessarily the MCU's version of Logan (which would keep the door open for an eventual new actor, regardless). A story progression such as this would make it difficult to justify the entire cast's return.

Not sure how this could be offensive to you, and maybe your reply wasn't entirely directed to my posts, but to each their own. I very much enjoy the OT cast, and have a soft spot even for The Last Stand. I'm really hoping to see more than just Stewart and Jackman in Multiverse of Madness, for example. If you ask me, that was one of the biggest affronts of Logan--the erasure of the X-Men to tell an epilogue to the almost 20-year saga with just those two actors. Yet, people love Logan as the perfect send-off. So, again, to each their own.

Comparing FOX X-Men box office to MCU box office is like comparing Donner Superman box office to Snyder Man of Steel box office.

Doesn't make sense.

The only reason I'm excited for No Way Home is Maguire, Dafoe & Molina. The Holland films have been trash. I think it's a BRILLIANT idea to bring back the most beloved Spider-Man of them all along with his equally beloved rogues gallery.

The "Multiverse crap" will propel No Way Home to the biggest box office numbers since the pandemic started.

As I said, poisoning the well.

Hemsworth is seemingly the exception for now, but I would argue that Renner and Ruffalo (Renner especially before Hawkeye) have been relegated to supporting, if not minor, roles in the MCU. I don't think they work as a comparison to Jackman as Wolverine.

But, along those lines, the MCU is much more-ensemble friendly than the Fox movies (with maybe the exception of First Class) ever were. It allows actors to step in the role for a few weeks time, get that payday, and move on to indie films/passion projects, etc. A work balance such as this could be more enticing for Jackman, especially since his age is now such a concern for everyone.
Yeah Renner has been minor (unfortunately) from day 1 and Hulk has been significantly underutilised IMO so I can accept that. I do think though that if the top bods at Marvel could choose, they would prefer if Evans and RDJ were enthusiastic about staying for another 10 years (although separately Endgame felt like the right time for a major character death). It's not like they've been forced out due to physical issues which is more relevant to this.

That second point is good too.
Lol I don't know if its the same people or not, but I get negative responses about Jackman returning to the character after taking much of the spotlight in the original X-Men films in addition to posts about wanting an actor who can stick around for 20 years as Wolverine, with solo movies & crossovers with Avengers characters, etc. Which, to me, sounds like another Wolverine-centric X-Men universe. So it can be a little confusing.
I think what people are asking for is for Wolverine to be a major MCU character long term more so than a major X-Men character. Allow more focus on the the rest of the team and show up every now and then to shake things up as a huge larger-than-life guest star. I expect this to happen as he is the biggest individual character to be acquired from the Fox rights and the MCU needs some strong replacements with Cap and Iron Man going (Black Widow and Black Panther too).

Let Jackman's wolverine rest in peace, its time to pass the mantle to a new actor. Same goes for every actor who played an xmen character. No repeats.

Deadpool: "Hey!"

"You never actually joined the X-Men, you don't count."

Deadpool: "Oh, thanks. That's a load off my mind. Wait, who am I talking to?"

Yet, people love Logan as the perfect send-off. So, again, to each their own.
Perfect send-off to Fox Wolverine and a great film, rather than a perfect send-off to Fox X-men.

Yeah Renner has been minor (unfortunately) from day 1 and Hulk has been significantly underutilised IMO so I can accept that. I do think though that if the top bods at Marvel could choose, they would prefer if Evans and RDJ were enthusiastic about staying for another 10 years (although separately Endgame felt like the right time for a major character death). It's not like they've been forced out due to physical issues which is more relevant to this.

That second point is good too.

I think what people are asking for is for Wolverine to be a major MCU character long term more so than a major X-Men character. Allow more focus on the the rest of the team and show up every now and then to shake things up as a huge larger-than-life guest star. I expect this to happen as he is the biggest individual character to be acquired from the Fox rights and the MCU needs some strong replacements with Cap and Iron Man going (Black Widow and Black Panther too).

Reed Richards will fill the Tony Stark void. Wolverine will fill the Cap void.

Krasinski and Jackman side by side in an Avengers movie would be INSANE. The stuff of dreams.

Hot take:

- Wolverine is clearly the best X-Men character

Kitty Pryde says "hi". :p

( Though this is a hot take disagreement, that is almost not a disagreement at all, since Kitty's own character arc is ultimately tied to Wolverine. She isn't and couldn't be the character she is without Logan, and Logan IMO isn't and wouldn't be what *he* is without Kitty, either. )

A Jackman led X-Men movie has never cracked $235 million in the US. Why is he going to be the MCU savior here?
Facts have no place here. Gut feelings only pls.

Can't compare FOX X-Men movies to MCU movies.

I was actually comparing Jackmen led X-Men movies to Maguire led Spider-Man movies, wondering how you came to the conclusion that Jackman was going to eclipse Maguire's box office appeal, when he couldn't even do that in their heydays.

Different league. Different eras.

You say that like Jackman's last X-Men film was released in 2007. It was released in 2017, a year before Infinity War. Even with the R rating and send off gimmicks, Logan couldn't top something new and fresh, like Deadpool, and something new and fresh is what's needed to carry these properties forward.

Reactions: Lip
Regardless of my personal feelings, I don’t see them recasting Wolverine. Look no further than Maguire, Garfield, Hardy, D’Onofrio, Cox, Stewart, and Reynolds being either rumored or confirmed to be joining the MCU.

Regardless of my personal feelings, I don’t see them recasting Wolverine. Look no further than Maguire, Garfield, Hardy, D’Onofrio, Cox, Stewart, and Reynolds being either rumored or confirmed to be joining the MCU.
Garfield and Maguire are pretty weird examples as they’ve already been recast with Holland.

I was actually comparing Jackmen led X-Men movies to Maguire led Spider-Man movies, wondering how you came to the conclusion that Jackman was going to eclipse Maguire's box office appeal, when he couldn't even do that in their heydays.

You say that like Jackman's last X-Men film was released in 2007. It was released in 2017, a year before Infinity War. Even with the R rating and send off gimmicks, Logan couldn't top something new and fresh, like Deadpool, and something new and fresh is what's needed to carry these properties forward.

I agree with the bolded, but I don't think new/fresh need be exclusive from continuing with Jackman. Just surround his Wolverine character in new trappings, etc. and you can provide a fresh take. Simply having him interact with heroes outside of the X-Men/mutants is fresh enough for an MCU movie. Start there, and then build your story. Again, it's just a few years and then Laura can assume the role as a legacy Wolverine. Dafne Keen could even return--just like Jameson is played by the same actor in the Raimi-verse and the MCU/Sony-verse.

Facts have no place here. Gut feelings only pls.

Fact: Kevin Feige's thoughts on Hugh Jackman as Wolverine are anything but overtly positive.

Who cares that he's so tall? He embodies the spirit of Wolverine, and that was a big lesson that I always took from that. It doesn't have to match the comic frame exactly. It has to match the spirit of it.

While some people foolishly obsess over Jackman's height and age, Feige concentrates on the most important aspect of Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine: he embodies the spirit of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"