Mega Man's Franchise's

****, now I wish I was right.

DANG!!! I sure was hoping for a new Mega Man game!! DAMN you Capcom. :cmad:

Update: Capcom has clarified Elston's comments, saying that a new Mega Man game has not been confirmed.
JohnnyDeppEdWood.gif

In 2010, Capcom tapped the talent behind Metroid Prime to bring Mega Man into the modern age

You know, that doesn't sound bad. I always thought they should try something similar. But what the **** am I looking at? So glad it didn't get made.

It looks more Bomberman: Act Zero than Metroid Prime.

If it has more of an original MM aesthetic, I would be down for one that was similar in play style to Prime.

Goddammit, why does everything have to be a flippin' FPS?!

I don't actually mind that idea so much, it looked kinda interesting, considering it was all a concept demo and such. I wish it had used more laser bullits or a charge shot instead of the basic machine gun-type weapon, but I think it would have been a weird, interesting idea. FPS are overdone, but Metroid Prime, Bioshock Infinite, and a few others prove that FPS does lend itself to great storytelling if done right.

When I think Mega Man, "great storytelling" isn't really the first thing that comes to mind. :p

I'm not big on a MM FPS. Not that I don't want a new MM game, but I get burnt out on FPS's so fast anymore. Aside from them being everywhere, I have a feeling a MM FPS wouldn't feel like a MM game.

Now a MM 3rd person shooter I think could still feel right. Do something like a MMX style world, being able to leap off of walls, ect. I just think something would be lost in translation if you try to make MM another FPS shoot-em up. At least in 3rd person you can keep some of the gameplay that made the series what it is. MM Legends showed us that.

Metroid was a 2D game, yet the 3D games on the Cube, were some of the best in the franchise. A 3D Mega Man can work, if you stick to the aesthetic and established rules.

I don't think anyone has argued that 3D can't work.

Oh, yeah, sorry. Meant FPS. Don't know where my head was. Anyway, a Mega Man game like Metroid Prime could work really well. But I don't know what they were thinking of when they programmed that Bomberman Zero reject.

You're absolutely right. A Mega Man FPS could totally work, and I'm sure it would sell millions of copies. However, I personally have no interest in such a game.

I'd like a third person game, where most of the weapons are ranged but he does have a melee that he can use to take down lesser creatures because he's still physically weaker than a lot of the robot masters.

3rd person is the way to go then. After all they did so with the upcoming xcom shooter so I hope capcom becomes wise since to this as well, since this is what alot of players rather have instead of yet another FPS. That latter area is crowded enough as it is.

Last edited:
The first time I played Vanquish it reminded me of a what third person Mega Man X might be like.

Vanquish just made want a cross over between it and mass effect. I wanted Sam G to make the armor's for my Shepard and to come on missions for me when he's not in his workshop making weapons. hehe one can dream.

The first time I played Vanquish it reminded me of a what third person Mega Man X might be like.

I just wanted to post that. I'd throw my money after them, if they'd made a Vanquish style Mega Man X game. Well, maybe not exactly throw. This is still Capcom after all. First I'd have to see what DLC nonsense they are pulling.

Metroid was a 2D game, yet the 3D games on the Cube, were some of the best in the franchise. A 3D Mega Man can work, if you stick to the aesthetic and established rules.

I like Metroid Prime, I just don't think it would work as well for MM, at least IMO. They both started off as 2D shooters, but have pretty different atmosphere's. MM is a bit faster paced, has a more cartoony vibe, and has more of a fun feel to it. Metroid is slowed down a little, and has a slight dark, melancholy feeling.

I think Metroid's setting works better in an FPS. I could easily see Metroid's world in a more real world sci-fi setting. Metroid also lends itself to first person exploration better.

MM has a bit too much energy to it for that to work, IMO. Doing things like wall jumps, sliding, charging, flying, building your own platforms with ice, and so on, and so on, don't lend themselves well to a first person perspective. Neither do the enemies, with the way the bosses function in particular. A 3rd person perspective allows for better movement, and can allow for things like bosses tunneling behind you, or bouncing attacks off of surfaces better.

First person shooters tend to feel, for a lack of a better term atm, too western. They're typically gritty, violent, and follow more real world physics. I just don't think I'd enjoy a MM game set in that setting nearly as well as a 3rd person. Though I'm sure it'd sell, and probably wouldn't even be a horrible game. I'm just speaking to personal preference, and feelings on it. I don't think a game like that would be for me.

I still think it could work. All the platforming and agility like the jumps and the slides, seem to work well enough in games like Mirror's Edge and Portal. I'm not arguing that it absolutely has to be an FPS, but I totally think it's doable to capture the frenetic energy of MMX in an FPS. Even THQ's canceled Avenger's game was heading in an interesting direction, with it's FPS action.

But in the end, 3rd person would probably be my preference as well. But only if they'd manage to make it as badass as Vanquish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"