Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Substinance.....WHEN, DAMMIT??

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by 블라스, Aug 4, 2005.

1. spider-jide Registered

No. Read it again. Its just MGS3 with MG and MG2 not MGS.

2. spider-jide Registered

No. Read it again. Its just MGS3 with MG and MG2 not MGS.

3. carbuff Guest

can any one tell me hoe to beat sorrow

4. Nathan Registered

5. Binker Registered

Just a question on MGS3:

what happens when you don't kill the Boss when the time is up?

6. James"007"Bond Registered

the graphics look better for some reason.

7. MaxCarnage Iron-Free

I have loved all the MGS games. MGS for PSX was revolutionary, and was one of the first games that I just couldn't put down. When I first played it, I basically played for a weekend straight until I beat it. The story was, especially for a video game, phenomenal.

The thing about MGS that some people just can't get into is that they're less a game than a cinematic experience. You're taking part in a sci-fi/paranormal espionage thriller. In order to move such a complex story with all the twists and turns forward is to have lengthier cut-scenes than your typical game. The same thing was true of Wing Commander 3 and 4; some people loved those games because they felt so epic, but some people hated them because they were too bulky and too many cinematics.

SC, however, really throws you in there and doesn't waste time with cinematics. Like many Tom Clancy products, it's more grounded and really strives to give you a sense of reality along with the compelling story. I think it's really selling SC short to say that it's stories aren't as in-depth; they just don't feel as theatrical as the MGS games because they're not meant to be. It doesn't jar you from the game in order to present you with the next phase of the story; it tells the story through what you as the player are doing. This is preferable to a lot of players.

What it really boils down to is taste. What each game does it does well. I prefer MGS because of the epic qualities to it and the cinematic feel. I really like the sci-fi/supernatural aspects to the game. I played the first SC and it was a great game, but it wasn't as much fun for me as MGS is.

Debate is great, and it's really fun to go back and forth. But in reality, you're comparing apples to oranges. MGS and SC are two very different games. The only elements that are similar are the focus on stealth rather than shoot-em-up action. And in reality, SC is much better on that front than MGS is.

8. MaxCarnage Iron-Free

You don't beat Sorrow. When you get to the corpse that he stops and hovers over, touch it and you'll "die". When the game over screen comes up, quickly hold L1 and select the revival pill.

9. James"007"Bond Registered

I truelly believe that the MG games are superior to the SC games by far but the SC games are still enjoyable.
    I love SC for the fact that its a more grounded game, however, I only follow whats going on with mild attention, I just make sure I focus on completing the objectives and I'm good. Whereas, with MG. One has to pay close attention because the story really eclipses everything else and everything is just so epic, its a fantastic series of games.

10. MaxCarnage Iron-Free

While I agree with you, it's because we have similar tastes. I know a LOT of people who don't like MGS for exactly the same reason that you and I like it. Some gamers don't want to have to follow complicated plots with lots of in-depth cutscenes and the like.

It's all a matter of taste.

11. James"007"Bond Registered

Indeed. I'm particularly picky with the games I play and the games I enjoy the most are the ones that actually captivate my interest and imagination on a level where I really do give a damn what goes on with the characters and stories involved.

12. kev669 Guest

how do you get metel gear solid 3 substinance??

13. kev669 Guest

well you don't realy beat him but you keep walking until you see his corps just under the water then u die but u hold L2 and look for the pill shape like a tooth and you press circle wile u hold L2

14. AshtonFoster Registered

100% Agree on this.
    I'm the bigger MGS fan....For me, the cinematics in Snake Eater were simply breathtaking, and put most real films to shame. The gameplay to in MGS3 was outstanding, and I believe a improvement on the previous games, and overall the game captivated me and immersed me on so many levels. I cared about the characters, and after player MGS3, I wish every game has the same effect, at least on a storytelling level. But Splinter Cell has impressed me more on one level....and a level which I do regard VERY highly: Splinter Cell is the better game at making the gameplayer feel as if he or she is an agent, where stealth means everything. You're put in these realistic settings, with great tension and atmostphere, and it gives you great satisfaction when you either take out a load of guys or complete an objective (Though saying that, I probably had my finer moments in Snake Eater - Especially when in the Outdoor jungle levels).

Anyways, my ideal game would actually be a mesh of both - MGS' Cinematics, music, graphical detail, voice acting, storytelling, and some of it's gameplay elements, mixed with SC's stealth design, camera angle(for certain parts) and, realistic gameplay. As regards to a realistic story-line or a more a more supernatural story-line...One of both please.:) Either that, or just give me a '24' game with the requirements above. Oooooooooo yeah

15. 블라스 Registered

This is going to be 29.99 :up:

16. MaxCarnage Iron-Free

Reasonable!

17. WaffleKnockers Registered

18. Mr. Credible jukebox hero

the word 'box' has lost all meaning now... it just sounds like... 'bocks' or something.

thanks

19. James"007"Bond Registered

:up: :up: Nicely said. One of the things I love about SC are the vast locations and the fact that you actually feel like an agent with the stealth elements emphasised by the importance of the level of lighting.

20. 블라스 Registered

I'll post here too because I love the game so much.
    This game rules, MGS3 > SC :mad:

21. Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

HUZZAH!

Online mode only let's me play against European countries... I want to face Gammy. :(