** Metal ** The Thread! II

Come on, who else is jamming the new Ghost album. Hook after hook after hook.

Reactions: FVD

Just heard someone died at one of their shows last night, not accidental, guy died of "natural causes".

Whoa, that's pretty crazy. :(

Ghost are indeed awesome though. Love the new direction, the more anthemic 80s-rock vibe, the new single with all the Thriller-video vibes is fun too.

I am. Put on the LP, closed my eyes, had a good experience with it. My favorite track right now is Pro Memoria.

It's so good. Miasma is masterpiece.

I am. Put on the LP, closed my eyes, had a good experience with it. My favorite track right now is Pro Memoria.

Been listening to it non stop. I love Opus, Infes is pretty good. But for me Meliora and Prequelle are masterpieces. Tobias definitely knows what he’s doing and the direction he’s going. Love the different sounds to each album. Totally love the medieval/gotcha meets 80’s sound of this album. There are some beautiful tracks on here from See The Light to Pro Memoria. Tobias IMO is a musical genius. And also my GOD is Faith a ****ing banger man.

Whoa, that's pretty crazy. :(

Ghost are indeed awesome though. Love the new direction, the more anthemic 80s-rock vibe, the new single with all the Thriller-video vibes is fun too.

Yeah they’re definitely awesome and how they progress their sound and tone with each album. They really grow a lot over each album.

Did the new Ghost, like the cover they did.

Anyone jamming Out to Rivers of Nihil: Where Owls know my Name?

Yep, Prequelle is awesome. Still have some coffee down my nose 'cause of the sax solo in Miasma.

Dance Macabre is my favorite atm. Full on Toto vibe.

Alice in Chains released another new song "So Far Under" (following "The One You Know" from a few months back), and album title/release date/tracklisting:

"Rainier Fog" out August 24th.
aiceinchainsrainierfogcdbigger.jpg

--Tracklist--
01. The One You Know
02. Rainier Fog
03. Red Giant
04. Fly
05. Drone
06. Deaf Ears Blind Eyes
07. Maybe
08. So Far Under
09. Never Fade
10. All I Am

[YT]352RBWh6ViU[/YT]

[YT]qusV7bKsrAE[/YT]

Mastodon's Brann Dailor:

[YT]q7vCmZuGgRU[/YT]

Been getting back into some Battle Beast again lately, so perfect. Cheesy but rockin' mix of Priest and, like, Roxette or Pat Benatar or something.

Awesome. Got into them through Sabaton a few years back.

Automata II released today.

[YT]Ja0EWloqsKo[/YT]

The new Impending Doom is really good. Just recently started listening to them.

I think I'm getting addicted to Gojira... pretty much all I've been listening to the past few days...

[YT]hnRv4azfris[/YT]
[YT]iVvXB-Vwnco[/YT]
[YT]dLC9CHxNHHU[/YT]
[YT]7j03lu6SBR8[/YT]

[YT]_-XaaTqOICU[/YT]

Catchiest thing I've heard all year.

[YT]Ja0EWloqsKo[/YT]

Anyone here ever heard of Milwaukee Metalfest? We got offered to come play an opening slot there next year. The thing is, we're from Europe so we really need to consider is it worth it. Couldn't find much by googling it.

Opeth have a new live album coming out, titled "Garden of the Titans", out November 2nd.

[YT]8Fc0pbZxlo8[/YT]

Tracklist:
01 - Sorceress
02 - Ghost Of Perdition
03 - Demon Of The Fall
04 - The Wilde Flowers
05 - In My Time Of Need
06 - The Devil’s Orchard
07 - Cusp Of Eternity
08 - Heir Apparent
09 - Era
10 - Deliverance

The production & performance there is great.

Also, a couple of months back their lead guitarist Fredrik said they're well into songwriting for a new album, saying they had 12 songs so far but were aiming for maybe 15. And they're hoping to release it early next year.

So next year is really stacking up for new heavy music - Tool, Opeth, Jinjer, Devin Townsend (and a new Casualties of Cool record), Suns of the Tundra (?), Scale the Summit (?), Rodrigo Y Gabriela. :mnm:

Alice in Chains new album is pretty f***ing great, anyone who hasn't heard it should go check it out.

[YT]1r35DBVWR_Q[/YT]

---
Rodrigo y Gabriela put out a new song too, Cumbé, really good stuff. They will apparently be hitting the studio in October to record a new album. Should be out next year.
[YT]ehpcn6pxL5s[/YT]

Damn, I love AIC. how did the release of their new album slip by me ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"