** Metal ** The Thread! II

From f e n r i z (of Darkthrone)'s band of the week blog:
Year of the Goat - Of Darkness
[YT]gSIoe6L_IDo[/YT]
psychadelic-doom of sorts, i like it :)

Some new Anaal Nathrakh, which comes out May 17th, titled "Passion"

Here are the two tracks released so far. In sound quality and style, it's a continuation of their last album "In The Constellation Of The Black Widow" but the new album also appears to literally harness schizophrenia. Very eclectic and chaotic.

Violenti Non Fit Iniuria

Paragon Pariah

Not as streamlined as Constellation, but still insane.

The tracklisting for the upcoming Morbid Angel album "Illud Divinum Insanus":

1."Omni Potens"
2."Too Extreme!"
3."Existo Vulgoré"
4."Blades for Baal"
5."I Am Morbid"
6."10 More Dead"
7."Destructos Vs. the Earth / Attack"
8."Nevermore"
9."Beauty Meets Beast"
10."Radikult"
11."Profundis - Mea Culpa"

All I can say is wtf? The songs have to be freaking epic to make up for some of thos silly song titles.

Those are all very cool names, except for "Too Extreme!" lol what is that? Anyway, David Vincent is back in the band and in an interview he was saying he has been influenced by industrial music. His wife is in Genitorturers and David himself left Morbid Angel before in 90's to play bass with her in that group. IIRC, he said there will be industrial influences on this album and that fans of Morbid Angel should stay open-minded. I love both genres regardless so I'm looking forward to this album.

only 51 days left.. gaah cant wait:
[YT]Y0fX3FuGGXA[/YT]

Last edited:
Saw Rob at Mayhem Festival last year. Freakin amazing
Only downside is that when he'se playing here, its an outdoors festival and the sun will still be up :( So the show wont be at 100% methinks... by alas the odds of him ever traveling over the atlantic ever again, let alone visiting sweden, is astronomical hahaha so I cant really complain about the time he's playing even if I wanted to :oldrazz:

Anyone listen to Children of Bodom's new album? Relentless Reckless Forever? I personally can't stop listening to it. Awesome album.

I can't wait for Trivium's new record.

I don't know the folks that we're a fan of Roy Khan, but he has officially left Kamelot.

Linky

This is what I said on the offical forums:

"Long time fan here, I first heard them when I looked for "Lunar" in Napster in 2000, and found the name "Lunar Sanctum" title for a track (Despite the name "Kamelot" is kinda cheesy), and listened to it. I was blown away, and still to this day still one of the best songs ever listened to as a whole.

While I admit, I can understand the frustration of a lot of fans, and it's a shame, but the driving force has always been Thomas Youngblood, and countine to be. I have faith in him, and the band. I'm giving him credit to at least, while investing all this money into the tour, so the ploy was legit, but they we're a class act about it. I doubt they will ever see Khan leave totally, as a friend. Cause in the end, Youngblood, and Khan we're the driving force that was Kamelot, but it all started somewhere. We may never know, Khan might do a surprise showing somewhere in Europe. =P

What was a pity is I never got to see him live, but at least I know his legacy so to speak will live on, and that's the important thing. I don't see him stopping any time soon, either if he found religion, time with family, or whatever his heart is set on is HIS CHOICE. I support him in that, and in that regard so long, farewell friend!

So long!"

-Bad week for any type of metal fan. =/

Hey dudes, what's a good Megadeth album? I already have Rust in Peace and Endgame. :)

Hey dudes, what's a good Megadeth album? I already have Rust in Peace and Endgame. :)

Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What?!, Countdown To Extinction, and Youthanasia are must haves for your Megadeth collection.

NightWing,

Like more Progressive Metal, Power Metal, or Symphonic?

Prog. Metal:

1) Dream Theater
2) Fates Warning
3) QueenSychre
4) Tool
5) Porcupine Tree (Despite they are more Rock, like Rush)

Power Metal:

1) Kamelot (Listen to Lunar Sanctum; later is more progressive)
2) Nevermore
3) Iced Earth
4) Hammerfall
5) Rhapsody

Symphonic Metal:

1) NightWish
2) EdenBridge
3) Amorphis (Little bit of everything)
4) Delain
5) Epica

I just named the more popular bands, so they are easier to find. I'm not sure what your exactly looking for, but this might help ya narrow down the genres a bit, even if some of them change a bit as they go.

NightWing,

Like more Progressive Metal, Power Metal, or Symphonic?

Prog. Metal:

1) Dream Theater
2) Fates Warning
3) QueenSychre
4) Tool
5) Porcupine Tree (Despite they are more Rock, like Rush)

Power Metal:

1) Kamelot (Listen to Lunar Sanctum; later is more progressive)
2) Nevermore
3) Iced Earth
4) Hammerfall
5) Rhapsody

Symphonic Metal:

1) NightWish
2) EdenBridge
3) Amorphis (Little bit of everything)
4) Delain
5) Epica

I just named the more popular bands, so they are easier to find. I'm not sure what your exactly looking for, but this might help ya narrow down the genres a bit, even if some of them change a bit as they go.
Thanks dude! I'll check them out later. :)

Your welcome! Lemme know what ya think, and then I can help ya with other bands, possibly! Just trying to figure it all out.

Arch Enemy covering Kiss
[YT]FFeewqRa_DQ[/YT]

I hear Amon Amarth's Surtur Rising CD is amazing and should have been the soundtrack to Thor. Gettin my hands on this ASAP :awesome:

I can confirm that it is absolutely excellent.

Can't believe that I missed a Megadeth related post. Looking at the other posts in here they're pretty much on the mark with recommendations. The only albums I would stay away from are Risk and The World Needs A Hero. Risk is just a really poor experimental album, and the other album is largely forgettable outside of Return to Hangar which is arguably one of the most technically proficient songs they've produced since the RIP album. One album that never gets much recognition is Hidden Treasures which is basically a compilation album of odds and ends songs.

In related news, Dave posted on twitter saying they were starting production on the new album this week, so it looks like we'll get a new album around Christmas time, looking forward to it now that junior is back in the band.

oooh! new single lfrom In Flames leaked: QUICK! Before it gets pulled by corporate ninjas!
[YT]iNsV_v-KW1U[/YT]

Dont know what to say... its a big BIG departure from their previous sound and I dont think alot of people will like where they are heading....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"