***Metal*** the Thread

PLAS said:
for the record, I don't like Manowar, I just find them amusing

Well, I like them! And I find them amusing aswell! They're my favorite band! They rock! Metal doesn't get any more Metal than Manowar! In my own personal opinion, I think that they are the best Heavy Metal band of all time!

Not to mention the fact that they're the reigning LOUDEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

do any Maiden fans here like Blaze Bayley? I think he was alright (nowhere near Dickinson though) and he doesnt get enough credit. I mean c'mon, he joined right after Bruce left and they just got off of succsess. I think he tried to sound as much like Dickinson as possible.

Their first CD with him turned me off on him. I put him in the same category as Tim Owens.

KetchBlaze said:
Not to mention the fact that they're the reigning LOUDEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

That too! They're in the Guiness Book of World Records for crying out loud! :D :up:

manowar makes me hide my head in embarassment for all of metaldom.

also: MAIDEN!!!

KetchBlaze said:
Their first CD with him turned me off on him. I put him in the same category as Tim Owens.
Fair enough. I just wanted someone else opinion on it besides people on the Maiden boards.Im not actually clear on the reason why Blaze left, I heard it was a motorcycle accident, but I also heard that he just plain quit. Could anyone clarify?

Last I heard, it was either him or Owens that wasn't allowed to do any of the old songs anymore. But thats been a while

Sgt. Homestar said:
Fair enough. I just wanted someone else opinion on it besides people on the Maiden boards.Im not actually clear on the reason why Blaze left, I heard it was a motorcycle accident, but I also heard that he just plain quit. Could anyone clarify?

same reason as why owens isn't in priest anymore: the old guy came back. they got rid of him to make room for bruce's return. and blaze was alright, but he just wasn't meant for maiden.

bored said:
manowar makes me hide my head in embarassment for all of metaldom.

also: MAIDEN!!!

You are an ally of False Metal and an enemy of True Metal! My you be trampled under foot by the Metal Kings and their army of immortals! :ghost:

Master Blaster said:
You are an ally of False Metal and an enemy of True Metal! My you be trampled under foot by the Metal Kings and their army of immortals! :ghost:

IID00001743.JPG

Eddie owns you.

bleh, both maiden and especially monowar are too cheesy to be taken seriously.

LORD_GALVATRON said:

Well, does everything have to be taken seriously? Can't we ever just have music thats for fun and not for thought?

LORD_GALVATRON said:
:mad:

LORD_GALVATRON said:

Blasphemous heathen.

This coming out of a guy with a cartoon name from the 80's. Blah :p

KetchBlaze said:
Blasphemous heathen.

This coming out of a guy with a cartoon name from the 80's. Blah :p

Hey now! He may be a blasphemous heathen, but his name kicks ash! The Transformers and all the other cartoons from the 80s kicked ash!

KetchBlaze said:
Not all of them. But I'll letcha have that one

Thanks. And your right. Not all of them were great. Especially all of the crap that came from Hanna/Barbara. Blech!

LOL Does that cover He-Man too? I dont remember that far back

Anyone remember the Killer Dwarfs?

KetchBlaze said:
LOL Does that cover He-Man too? I dont remember that far back

Anyone remember the Killer Dwarfs?

It doesn't include He-Man. It wasn't exactly awesome, but at least it had more going for it than Scooby Doo or GoBots ever had.

I've heard of the Killer Dwarves but haven't ever listen to them. Have you or anyone else ever heard of Grim Reaper?

Master Blaster said:
I think you have it all wrong. He owns you.

actually, i'm more of an indentured servant. but, like i said, EDDIE OWNS YOU, you non-believer. you can have your loincloth clad conan-the-barbarian-wannabes, while i stick with a band who rights clever lyrics and features some of the greatest virtuoso musicians in all of rock.

bored said:
actually, i'm more of an indentured servant. but, like i said, EDDIE OWNS YOU, you non-believer. you can have your loincloth clad conan-the-barbarian-wannabes, while i stick with a band who rights clever lyrics and features some of the greatest virtuoso musicians in all of rock.

Actually, I like both Maiden and Manowar. Manowar just happens to be my favorite band. And Manowar write just as clever lyrics and feature just as much virtuoso musicianship as Maiden do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"