***Metal*** the Thread

Master Blaster said:
It doesn't include He-Man. It wasn't exactly awesome, but at least it had more going for it than Scooby Doo or GoBots ever had.

I've heard of the Killer Dwarves but haven't ever listen to them. Have you or anyone else ever heard of Grim Reaper?

To me, thats like asking Eddie who Bruce Dickinson is...sorta
Rock you to Hell was my first experience with them, but then I discovered See you in Hell and some others.
MAN, was that fat lil guy UUUUGLY

Master Blaster said:
Actually, I like both Maiden and Manowar. Manowar just happens to be my favorite band. And Manowar write just as clever lyrics and feature just as much virtuoso musicianship as Maiden do.

well....do they have a world class fencer/airline pilot/author as their lead singer?

Nope. He's cooler. He's a biker. AAAHAHAHAHHAHA
And a Guinesses' Record holder

Metallica
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden

Best metal bands ever.

PAN-****ING-TERA!!!

MOUTH FOR WAR:

Revenge
I'm screaming revenge again
Wrong
I've been wrong for far too long
Been constantly so frustrated
I've moved mountains with less
When I channel my hate to productive
I don't find it hard to impress

Bones in traction
Hands break to hone raw energy
Bold and disastrous
My ears can't hear what you say to me

Hold your mouth for the war
Use it for what isn't for
Speak the truth about me
Determined

Possessed
I feel a conquering will down inside me
Strength
The strength of many to crush
Who might stop me
My strength is in number
And my soul lies in every one
The releasing of anger can better any medicine under the sun

There comes a time within everyone to
close your eyes to what's real
No comprehension to fail
I vacuum the wind for my sail
Can't be the rest
Let others waste my time
Owning success is the bottom line.
Like a knife into flesh
After life is to death
Pulling and punching the rest of duration
NO ONE can piss on this determination

Ktulu said:
Metallica
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden

Best metal bands ever.

PUH-LEEZE.
Metallifags? Maybe theire first 3 or 4 releases, but the new sh|t is just that. Sh|t. They knew that too when they put out "Load" and "re-load" BOth of them were a load of sh|t.
Havent listened to much Iced Earth, so I can't comment one way or the other.
I'll give ya Maiden tho. Good choice :up:

What about Hammerfall?
hammerfall.gif

Even tho you may not dig his voice, This guy has an awesome story telling gift
KingDiamond-band2003.jpg

King Diamond

KetchBlaze said:
PUH-LEEZE.
Metallifags? Maybe theire first 3 or 4 releases, but the new sh|t is just that. Sh|t. They knew that too when they put out "Load" and "re-load" BOth of them were a load of sh|t.

I got my name from a Metallica song. =/

Since most have been mentioned, I'll add Children of Bodom and Blind Guardian.

I'll add DEMONS AND WIZARDS (Blind Guardian vocalist Hansi Kursch and Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer).

bored said:
well....do they have a world class fencer/airline pilot/author as their lead singer?

No, but they got something just as good, Eric Adams! He used to be a butcher in a New York supermarket until he was asked by Joey Demaio, bassist for Manowar and former roady for Black Sabbath to join Manowar because his singing and screaming could put Rob Halford to shame.

Master Blaster said:
{snip}...because his singing and screaming could put Rob Halford to shame.

You tread dangerously close to blasphemy there MB. Watch yourself :mad:

KetchBlaze said:
PUH-LEEZE.

Yeah. Metallica use to kick ass. Their first 5 albums were excellent. But ever since they released Load, its just been down hill from there. They keep getting worse and worse. Have you heard their new album, St. Anger? It royally sucks! Playing that dumbass NuMetal BS! That ain’t friggin Metal, and never will be! They use to be the biggest Metal band to me. But now I see them for the sellouts they've become. What a pity to waste such talent on such a lousy genre as NuMetal. :(

As for Iced Earth, I've heard them. They're okay, but they kind of feel too much like an Iron Maiden clone.

KetchBlaze said:
You tread dangerously close to blasphemy there MB. Watch yourself :mad:

I said could not would. I think I should have been a little more specific there. I wasn't dissing Halford or anything. I was just comparing the two. They both equally are very good singers.

I remember when Metallica was a bunch of zit faced kids who had to duct tape their sneakers together. They lost all kinds of cred with me when they started pumping out crap after "Justice" but then the whole Napster thing just pissed me right off and it got worse from there.
Back when they had Cliff and Dave...Even Rod McGovney, they had a raw aggression that is what gained them their fan base. Now it's only kids and new fans. There aren't many of the old fans left

KetchBlaze said:
What about Hammerfall?
hammerfall.gif

Even tho you may not dig his voice, This guy has an awesome story telling gift
KingDiamond-band2003.jpg

King Diamond

Hammerfall! I hear ya Ketchblaze! They're awesome! I love their album "Renegade"! That is without a doubt their best!

As for King Diamond, I'm not really a fan of him. I find him kind of silly. Is that a recent picture? I remember when he looked like the lost member of KISS. When he had the Dracula slicked back hair look going on. Plus his voice, Oh his voice! He sounded just like Mickey Mouse! Friggin hilarious! :D

Master Blaster said:
{snip}As for King Diamond, I'm not really a fan of him. I find him kind of silly. Is that a recent picture? I remember when he looked like the lost member of KISS. When he had the Dracula slicked back hair look going on. Plus his voice, Oh his voice! He sounded just like Mickey Mouse! Friggin hilarious! :D

Yeah, the falsetto voice is a little grating, but like I said, the man has an amazing talent for telling a story.
As far as I know, thats a fairly new pic, but I may be wrong.
The talent in his band is killer too. One of the best bands of the genre, musically speaking. If you can manage it, turn the vocals off and listen to "Them" Thats one of his best I think

KetchBlaze said:
To me, thats like asking Eddie who Bruce Dickinson is...sorta
Rock you to Hell was my first experience with them, but then I discovered See you in Hell and some others.
MAN, was that fat lil guy UUUUGLY

But he sure could sing!

True. Gads, I'm having some serious flashbacks here
Speaking of ugly guys with killer voices...Udo Dirkschneider

Hows THAT for ugly

KetchBlaze said:
True. Gads, I'm having some serious flashbacks here
Speaking of ugly guys with killer voices...Udo Dirkschneider

Hows THAT for ugly

Wasn't he a dwarf?

KetchBlaze said:
LOL Not quite, but close

I remember seeing him in the music video for "Balls to the Wall". He was wearing camouflage and he was rather shorter than his other band mates.

What about Ronnie James Dio? Isn't he pretty short too?

RJD is very short. Saw them live and was amazed tho. Few performers offer a better show

Hows this for a flashback
keel.jpg

Keel

There was a better pic to be posted off of Ron's own page, but fuggin Tripod blocks images

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"