METROPOLIS-The City's "Portrayal"

^Yes, Metropolis should be sleek and beautiful on the outside, but rotting on the inside. Perfect.
jesus, this isn't Gotham; Metropolis should be brighter in general. There's a reason it's called the "City of Tomorrow"

But that's not to say it's not without superman-sized problems, Intergang and Suicide Slum for example

We don't have to be that rigid; Metropolis has never had a very distinct look or structure. Siegel's original Metropolis was pretty much rotting, a byproduct of the era of the Great Depression. It kind of bugs me that the creation of other heroes had to make Superman adjust to them, instead of the opposite. Metropolis needs to be brighter than the mess of Gotham, but it doesn't need to be particularly bright. It's a busy place, it's an impressive place and it's a place that needs a lot of cleaning up.

sydney-city-lights.jpg

this is metropolis nuff said

Metropolis

The Jewel of the Midwest. A Bright, Shimmering fusion of the Industrial Revolution and the Art Deco period of the 1930s/1940s, with a giant streak of the future runing through it. Elevated Highways run through a combination of the brassy, burley buroughs of stone and smokestacks that make up Suicide Slum to the utopian citadels of glass, steel and marble that make up Midtown and the Hi-Tech Financial District. Rather than being a melting pot of cultures, the city is almost utilitarian in appearance...but it's main drag (Think Times Square), Informational Row (where the Daily Planet is located) and it's inner city neighborhoods give it a human touch and a breath of life. Even at night, the city is lit to the hilt...almost giving off a sense of perpetual daylight. The vast majority of the city has been constructed via Lexcorp and rests on an elevated plateau of fertile earth, giving it even more cause to reach for the heavens as the 'City of Tomorrow.'

--------

That's how I'D personally see Metropolis...just my two cents.

Metropolis

The Jewel of the Midwest. A Bright, Shimmering fusion of the Industrial Revolution and the Art Deco period of the 1930s/1940s, with a giant streak of the future runing through it. Elevated Highways run through a combination of the brassy, burley buroughs of stone and smokestacks that make up Suicide Slum to the utopian citadels of glass, steel and marble that make up Midtown and the Hi-Tech Financial District. Rather than being a melting pot of cultures, the city is almost utilitarian in appearance...but it's main drag (Think Times Square), Informational Row (where the Daily Planet is located) and it's inner city neighborhoods give it a human touch and a breath of life. Even at night, the city is lit to the hilt...almost giving off a sense of perpetual daylight. The vast majority of the city has been constructed via Lexcorp and rests on an elevated plateau of fertile earth, giving it even more cause to reach for the heavens as the 'City of Tomorrow.'

--------

That's how I'D personally see Metropolis...just my two cents.
Seems like someone been watching to much Smallville:cwink:

yea that is one thing about metroplois i didnt like that smallville did. Though it makes sense they did that cause if it was on the east coast it would have lead to so many problems with the luthors going from smallville and metroplois daily and all that.

True I got it from Smallville, but at least it makes it unique, as opposed to being just another big city on the coast..like every other one of them.

jesus, this isn't Gotham; Metropolis should be brighter in general. There's a reason it's called the "City of Tomorrow"

Gotham is rotting on both the outside and inside. I do want Metropolis to at least be beautiful and modern on the outside.

But that's not to say it's not without superman-sized problems, Intergang and Suicide Slum for example

Basically this is what I said in a later post:

And as for the rotting comment, I meant that Luthor should be a controlling force in the city and be taking it down slowly from within. Metropolis is beautiful but there's a rot there as a result of Lex and only Superman can see and stop it. :supes:

I like the art-déco styled city they had for Returns, so I want to see more of it.

I really like this particular cityscape image I came across, although I have no clue where it was taken from. But this would be very much in line with what I imagine Metropolis to look like.

Almost looks like it draws on some of the modeling used for Blade Runner.
cityscape_480.jpg

I really like this particular cityscape image I came across, although I have no clue where it was taken from. But this would be very much in line with what I imagine Metropolis to look like.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I first saw it. As nice as it may be, I think it's too futuristic for Metropolis as I'd like to see it. The city should look a tad bit above modern, but not unreasonably so that it seems like we're in the future.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a better Krypton than Metropolis? Actually, it's one of the better looks for Krypton I've seen.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a better Krypton than Metropolis? Actually, it's one of the better looks for Krypton I've seen.

Nope. I think that how the city of Krypton should look, while Metropolis should have some modern buildings with some old art-deco style one as well.

Make it seem endless with no boundaries. Meaning take Nolan's idea of a famous city (Chicago) and add cgi buildings. So I'd say a combination of Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia.

cityscape_480.jpg

Metropolis during the Legion's time maybe.

Actually, if the studio were to go with Millar's trilogy, this would be a concept that would work in the bracketing sequence of the older, retired Superman.

Here is another capitivating image I stumbled upon.

This may not be in line with Metropolis but perhaps this would be a nice wide pan shot of krypton (not to deviate, but since the topic of krypton was broached).

cityscape.jpg

^^ Actually, I could see a futuristic Metropolis in this =P

yea that is a pretty great looking picture, though i agree would be better for a kryptonian city or a future metropolis. I say metropolis should look classic yet with many modern building in there to to get it a new/old look. But dont go to futuristic.

thats not alien enough of krypton i dont think...thats metropolis everyday of the week...minus maybe a few things lol

ahhh idk maybe the dome could be like a sports complex lol...id say drop the the LOTRs tower by the sun lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"