The Positive Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty positive now that it will be a good movie after seeing that trailer! Looks like Kinberg got another good film under his belt!

Yep.They even got me considering buy ultimate FF comics so i can see some of what inspired them.

It will be great to see full trailer after they successfuly teased us here.

If the horror elements are on display here, I expect to see the sequels do some really great takes on Annihilus, Terminus and Galactus.

Indeed. The potential has me salivating. Initially, I was one of those who hoped the rights would revert back to Marvel (mainly because of Galactus and Co as I'm not a big fan of the first family) but I really love the tone they are going for here. A combination of wonder and horror all dressed up as hard sci fi. Very cool.

I enjoyed the trailer. I had misgivings but the trailer erased them. I know people are complaining about tone but if this movie crossover with X-men the tones have to match. The tone of this trailer was very much X-men.

reg e cathy has an awesome voice

the teaser looks cool but it looks like alot of the cgi is still unfinished...overall it's about time

I enjoyed the trailer. I had misgivings but the trailer erased them. I know people are complaining about tone but if this movie crossover with X-men the tones have to match. The tone of this trailer was very much X-men.

You don't choose the tone of a film on the off chance a crossover could take place.

I thought the same thing.

Damn ! I was in class when the teaser came out and it got me geeking out alone like a fool !

I LOVE this teaser. The music is great, the cinematography is beautiful and Reg E. Cathey's voice is really cool !

It looks so intriguing, edgy and different. I'm really excited and cannot wait to see more !

You don't choose the tone of a film on the off chance a crossover could take place.

Yes you do. Tone is one of the first things talked about when pitching a movie. Right now they matched the tone of X-Men. If a crossover were to occur then there would be now adjusting tone to match. If they went with a Guardians of the Galaxy-light tone then when it came time to crossover something would have to be worked...either one would get darker or lighter.

Damn ! I was in class when the teaser came out and it got me geeking out alone like a fool !

I LOVE this teaser. The music is great, the cinematography is beautiful and Reg E. Cathey's voice is really cool !

It looks so intriguing, edgy and different. I'm really excited and cannot wait to see more !

I thought the music was really good, too, and I normally don't pay attention to it.

I'm ready for what's coming. I think this could be a good movie.

Only time will tell but I'm looking forward to "the future" and "the answers".

Maybe "generations" down the line Kang and Franklin Richards will accept this new team as their family. Perhaps a Kang has already been to Ancient Egypt, and the stage is being set for some sort of crossover with Apocalypse.

What if a Kang knows "what's coming" because he helps wake Apocalypse at a point of his choosing in the present? Would it be interesting if the Fantastic Four became the "Four Horsemen" somehow?....

Indeed. The potential has me salivating. Initially, I was one of those who hoped the rights would revert back to Marvel (mainly because of Galactus and Co as I'm not a big fan of the first family) but I really love the tone they are going for here. A combination of wonder and horror all dressed up as hard sci fi. Very cool.

And it looks like we're getting a film about the first family and how they relate to each other. The big draw of the FF to most people are their villains. What matters is making the FF themselves cool. Johnny seems a lot more intelligent in this incarnation than he is in most (not that that's a bad thing since he's on a science team, it makes more sense this way). Reed seems more like he's learning to be Reed Richards instead of starting out being that awesome.

And regarding crossovers, I can see The Coming of Galactus (or Ultimate Extinction), Fantastic Four vs X-men, Ultimate X4, Onslaught and Secret Invasion all having crossover potential.

Personally, I'd wait on Onslaught until a deal with Marvel can be reached. Then do Onslaught while Marvel does Time Runs out and follow up with Secret Wars where EVERYBODY is present as the two studios collide.

I'm ready for what's coming. I think this could be a good movie.

Only time will tell but I'm looking forward to "the future" and "the answers".

Maybe "generations" down the line Kang and Franklin Richards will accept this new team as their family. Perhaps a Kang has already been to Ancient Egypt, and the stage is being set for some sort of crossover with Apocalypse.

What if a Kang knows "what's coming" because he helps wake Apocalypse at a point of his choosing in the present? Would it be interesting if the Fantastic Four became the "Four Horsemen" somehow?....

I think that Marvel owns Kang although he may be shared.

I liked this teaser more than the Ant-Man teaser.

I think that Marvel owns Kang although he may be shared.

I'm hoping Kang is shared. Immortus could be used in the MCU movies. He has history with Ultron & the original Human Torch body, creates a temporal copy of it which Ultron uses to create Vision. We could see Kang Prime somewhere in this timeline. Immortus would be in the MCU to officiate the marriage between Vision & Wanda..

A parallel version of Kang from a different dimension could be used in each timeline to connect all the universes/timelines... Basically an extra dimensional Kang would be partially responsible for granting them their powers in this timeline. He is concerned with their destiny, and wanted a Franklin Richards to be born.

SHIELD/Fury would be aware of X-Force's previous time manipulations in some dimensions, however this has been "buried like the pharaohs of old" until the X-Force TV show can explore parallel timelines/dimensions (it would be somewhat similar to Fringe, about moving "sideways in time" rather than forwards or backwards...).
Wanda is the only one from the MCU who is aware of what's going on in other dimensions. This concept of alternate dimensions and parallel timelines can be explored further in Dr. Strange & through the Magus in Infinity War part 1... Fury only knows so much. The Magus is a parallel version of Warlock, and my theory is that Infinity War could involve parallel dimensions like it does in the comics. There would be parallel versions of some Avengers (Pietro & Wanda), allowing all the dimensions to come together. Spider-verse is complicated. Would have to be done after Secret Wars fixes some multiversal problems. It may be Peter's curse/destiny to eventually run into parallel Spider-Men from other parts of the multiverse.

Last edited:
Who are all of you people.....LOL, to quite a few of you, welcome to the hype. I'm glad you enjoyed the teaser. I myself haven't gotten to see it yet, I'm at work so I will have to wait. :)

Thinking this tone is more like X-Men and not like The Fantastic Four says a lot. It should feel like The Fantastic Four. Am I being unreasonable? :huh:

Thinking this tone is more like X-Men and not like The Fantastic Four says a lot. It should feel like The Fantastic Four. Am I being unreasonable? :huh:

No but when movies are in a shared universe they all have to have the same tone...which is why most of the Marvel movies are all of the same tone.

No but when movies are in a shared universe they all have to have the same tone...which is why most of the Marvel movies are all of the same tone.

They don't really have to. The world isn't all one tone, why can't films in the same universe take on different tones?

It should feel like The Fantastic Four. Am I being unreasonable? :huh:

But even comics have various tones, like Batman can be done as a musical, parody, comedy, straight up superhero movie, crime drama, etc.

Same applies for Fantastic Four, the movie feels very Ultimate Fantastic Four.:word:

They don't really have to. The world isn't all one tone, why can't films in the same universe take on different tones?

Because it causes problems for the eventual team up movie.
Say IP One is grim dark and IP Two is light.
When they do the big IP One vs IP Two...they will eventually have to decide which tone do they use for the team up movie. If the Tone is grim dark...it may upset fans of the light IP Two....if the tone is light...it may upset fans of IP One.

again using the Marvel movies as an example
Iron Man was a light action comedy...every film in that universe will be a variation on that tone. Imagine if Doctor Strange comes out and it's steeped in horror and close to an R rating. So if Strange joins the fight in Avengers 3 or 4 there will be this big tonal shift that he'll feel off. So they either make Avengers 3 and 4 grim dark or match Strange's tone to the rest of the universe.

I really thought it was a cool teaser. Emphasis on 'tease' though

The trailer breakdown with Trank and Kinberg was really great. Really just affirms the kind of effort that was placed into the film (despite its deviations from the source material) so I'm pretty excited.

The trailer surprised me. In a good way. Are there some cookie cutter bits? Yeah, but the tone and look of the film is something I dig and Miles Teller with the glasses totally gives off a young Reed vibe. For being shot on a soundstage and not a lot of outside filming as far as we knew, there were a lot of practical bits and sets and everything. I was genuinely surprised, it looked better than I expected for sure.

I honestly thought that the voiceover in the beginning was Kebbell. It sounded like him in one of his older roles from RocknRolla.

It's also cool that Trank pitched his concept to Stan Lee and Lee himself gave him the thumbs up for it. Trank and Kinberg definitely want to do the comics justice in a fresh take and I think they'll accomplish it.

Oh and that Latveria Easter Egg. So ready for it.

Who are all of you people.....LOL, to quite a few of you, welcome to the hype. I'm glad you enjoyed the teaser. I myself haven't gotten to see it yet, I'm at work so I will have to wait. :)

Spoilers!

JK Simmons screams at the F4 band.

By that logic, a film on its own shouldn't bother sticking to one tone. But you can't have tonal shifts, because it's results in a disjointed viewing experience. TASM2 is a great, recent example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"