Dark of the Moon Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

I'm almost wondering how these movies would have been if Spielberg decided to take on directing them instead of Bay.
Worse?

Like 'War of the Worlds' and 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' worse? Spielberg can't direct action. He can't direct adventures anymore. The only thing he can direct passably are dramas like Munich and light-hearted dramas like Catch Me If You Can.

In his day he was great but his day ended about the time the titles for Jurassic Park 2 rolled.

only good thing is that dotm had no twins as in skids and mudflap

Last edited:
Don't say that, Mike. It could get you banned.

Well, Bay is stupid, but it was his choice. We can't do anything about it.

Worse?

Like 'War of the Worlds' and 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' worse? Spielberg can't direct action. He can't direct adventures anymore. The only thing he can direct passably are dramas like Munich and light-hearted dramas like Catch Me If You Can.

In his day he was great but his day ended about the time the titles for Jurassic Park 2 rolled.

Yea, coz Minority Report and War of the Worlds had really bad action... oh wait, no they didn't.

If Spielberg directed these films they'd be about a trillion times better. We'd have characters we can actually root for and care about. We'd have a story that actually makes sense. And we would have great action scenes to accompany them.

I would gladly sacrific a 45 minute action scene in favor of good story telling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"