Michael Giacchino WILL score The Batman

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Invader Joker, Oct 19, 2019.

1. DeadlyWest A Flare in the Darkness (he/him/his)

I hope so. 1:47 is still my favorite version of The Batman Theme that I've heard so far honestly. The more grand sounding parts of the main trailer are obviously great, but the more quiet and almost emotional piano with those drums?

Chills.

2. Invader Joker Registered

It's not. They directly grabbed it from a youtuber.

Vigilant and Gandhi like this.
  3. Erik Lensherr Registered

From 0:11 - 0:28

is this music part of Giacchino's score?

4. SquirrelBallZ Registered

I can’t believe the Batman theme which was inspired by the 60a show fits nirvanas something in the way omg

5. marvelboy10 Registered

this theme is so good.

ironwez20 and Rick190293 like this.
  6. Marvolo Registered

Only good part is the last 45 seconds. The rest is pretty much everything I dislike about Giacchino.

7. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

I'll say this.

What I loved about Zimmer's approach, was he was doing wild, experimental stuff that simply hadn't been done in a movie score before. It was such a fresh approach, each film really invented its own sonic palette. I mean, The Joker's theme is basically punk/metal done with an orchestra and synths. It's a sound you've never heard before and it taps into the pure chaos at the root of The Joker character. Incredible.

So far Giacchino seems like he's going for more of an homage to other things, including Zimmer. And it gives it a nice, familiar sort of feel. But so far I don't think it's in the same league as the musical boldness and inventiveness that Zimmer brought to the franchise.

That said, I still am really digging it. I think it will definitely fit Reeves' vision.

8. Mo Al Registered

We haven’t really heard the full PST plus I’m sure if Reeves does trilogy Micheal will try to do something with each film. But I don’t disagree tho Zimmer hit different

9. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

True, and I want to be clear I'm very interested and excited to hear this score. I think it's going to be fantastic.

I just think it speaks to who they are as composers. Giacchino is a really talented composer and I think he brings a lot of the 'classic Hollywood' influence to his work. And we're at a point where that can be refreshing in its own way.

10. ironwez20 Registered

So does Apple Music get this tonight?

11. chintai80 oh hi.

giacchino's less experimental than zimmer, but i did like his score for the star trek movies alot.
    so i am looking forward to hearing this.

12. Erik Lensherr Registered

From Giacchino's YT account

Sounds amazing

#237 Erik Lensherr, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    The Caped Knight likes this.
  13. kguillou Registered

I'm waiting for the official drop later tonite but I'm very excited for this score in general. Giacchnio NAILED it in No Way Home (actually all his Spidey scores are pretty dang good tbh) and I'm excited to hear him go darker.

14. SquirrelBallZ Registered

I am still here waiting, just waiting...

Everything else simply has no meaning......;nd

15. Erik Lensherr Registered

When it's not available for you guys, you can hear it also on Reddit

16. SquirrelBallZ Registered

I love how it is actually real instruments and not all this unrelenting techno electronic gizmo wizardry going on all of the time, no gear and switch sounds going off it’s like real art and not some post-modern impressionist idea of what art is, like some weird alienated nemo the explorer scuba tank take on music and art wtf.

That being said I further here and we the western genre type of influence subtly in this song and also the very subtle Danny’s elfman batman 89 cues not to mention being really inspired by TAS Shirley Walker and Star Wars lol. I am really surprised at how emotional the song is considering it’s the theme it just throws another unsuspected throw making you wonder how action oriented the film really is, because that’s pretty damn emotional but there’s multiple conclusions to be drawn I suppose.

#241 SquirrelBallZ, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  17. Mindreaper21 ?????

The theme is not what I expected, but I get it. It really takes you through who Bruce is as a whole. I feel like it will make far more sense once we watch the actual film. It’s going to be really immersive and feel more like a film than just a popcorn flick. More than likely, there will be a track that is total badassery through out. So far, I’m loving what I’ve heard, but I’m still waiting on the full soundtrack.

18. PepS Registered

The first half certainly feels like the 'Bruce Wayne' part, maybe with some reminiscence over his parents and The Wayne Family as a whole.

19. OtherwiseKnownAs We live inside a dream (P)(he/him/his)

20. Sawyer High King

Bruh.

kguillou likes this.
  21. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin (he/him/his)

Gorgeous. The Bruce Wayne part is very surprising. Reminds me a lot of Shirley Walker.

Also, anyone notice the metallic percussion to the reprise of the main leitmotif at the end? Almost sounds like Gothic church bells, anyone have an idea what that is?

22. Sawyer High King

Damn. Up for three hours and already ranked 12th under iTunes soundtrack listings.

23. Mindreaper21 ?????

I swear all of this somehow reminds me of the soundtrack for Hannibal. I imagine Riddler’s theme being absolutely terrifying.

24. J.Drangal Registered

Since the track has that very orchestral sound, I'm pretty sure what we hear are true tubular bells (pic below).

[​IMG]

#249 J.Drangal, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    DKDetective likes this.
  25. kguillou Registered

I can so picture that last 90 seconds playing at the very end of the film over an epic montage and Jeffrey Wright narration, something like:

"I dont who he is or where he came from. But I'm glad he's here because we need him. Gotham needs him. He's not a friend, nor foe. He's an ally. A beacon. A Knight. He is..."

*Score crescendoes as we see Batman swoop down on some goons in an alleyway attacking bystanders*

Cue Title screen.