Michael Giacchino WILL score The Batman

Zimmer’s score for ASM2 is crazy. His Spidey theme sounds like news fanfare. Dubstep motif for Electro!

I even completely forgot Zimmer did that score and I am one of the five people who really like those movies.

Last edited:
Lots of horns and piano for this score please! Let’s cool it on the thunderous drum patterns.

Hopefully Penguin’s Iceberg Lounge (even Falcone’s Gentlemen’s Club) is a jazzier Lounge where Cobblepot can walk to his office and chill with a cigar in his mouth and some sax going off in the background. If Michael can create that kind of atmosphere with his musicians, that would be so dope and old school. Very fresh for this franchise.

Knowing he had the main theme ready to go so quickly, I’d be curious to know if he had any others in his head before even seeing the finished product. Like one for Catwoman or the Riddler...

Pssssssst!

For all my fellow Spotify users who want to hear audio of the trailer...”Underneath” - Haider Ali

You’re welcome :)

A part of me respects the hustle of trying to monetise the audio of one of the biggest IPs from Warner Brothers

there is this too

1:55 still gets me so goddamn hype for this movie.

I just love how even with the more actiony/heroic pace, the actual theme is still this emotional piano melody. Because that's such a great way to musically display the underlying trauma that is always there even despite Batman's heroics.

If that's maintained, this just might one-up Shirley Walker's work on Mask of the Phantasm for me. And that borders on herculean

OMG we're not ready for this. Sounds so haunting, tense, still triumphant... I'm shocked.

Reminded of one of my favorite pieces of movie trivia as I wonder if Dermot Mulroney will be part of Giacchino’s orchestra for The Batman…

Wait, Dermot Mulroney Plays Cello On A Bunch Of Michael Giacchino Scores?

Giacchino is recording the score in London, so no. If they were recording in L.A., Mulroney would definitely be part of the sessions.

I really wasn't keen on his Batman theme hearing it in the costume reveal, but hearing it performed by live musicians -- it sounds so much better. And since they have the full ensemble in pre-Covid seating, it sounds even grander.

Knowing he had the main theme ready to go so quickly, I’d be curious to know if he had any others in his head before even seeing the finished product. Like one for Catwoman or the Riddler...

Some directors like to have their composers compose music during filming so they can track that in during editing (rather than use the usual temp track) or get the actors in the proper mood.

Just gimme a choir

That's literally all I need and this matches Mask of the Phantasm and Arkham City's main themes. JESUS this soundtrack's so GODDAMN GOOD!

I think it'll happen. Listen to this:

(choir comes in just after 1:45. Hits amazing at 2:00)

IMO the best thing Giacchino has ever done. If we get a whole soundtrack of that we're in for something special. The Arkham City theme choir is unreal, I will ascend in the theater if we get something like that

I think it'll happen. Listen to this:

(choir comes in just after 1:45. Hits amazing at 2:00)

IMO the best thing Giacchino has ever done. If we get a whole soundtrack of that we're in for something special. The Arkham City theme choir is unreal, I will ascend in the theater if we get something like that

Good God. That with the new Batman theme?

INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS

My biggest concern is Giacchino's unwillingness to go all in. He has these really good power motifs but he always kneecaps them just when they get really good then plunges down to some low energy motif. It always leaves me with a case of auditory blueballs. He does it in that bit of recording session he tweeted so I dont have a lot of hope that he has broken that infuriating habit.

My biggest concern is Giacchino's unwillingness to go all in. He has these really good power motifs but he always kneecaps them just when they get really good then plunges down to some low energy motif. It always leaves me with a case of auditory blueballs. He does it in that bit of recording session he tweeted so I dont have a lot of hope that he has broken that infuriating habit.

As I said previously, a lot of what the composers do ends up being down to the director's direction in terms of what they want. So I don't think it's so much that MG is incapable of that or it's a habit of his, it's just what he's been given a lot and I expect that also comes down to him doing a lot of stuff where the director wants something more emotional rather than bombastic and powerful. Lost, Up, Apes, etc. But when you get him to do something bombastic, he absolutely can

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"