Guardians of the Galaxy Michael Rooker IS Yondu Udonta

I somehow doubt that we'll get the 1960's Guardians travelling back in time from the 3000's in order to form a new Guardians of the Galaxy in present day.

More likely, I think, is that we'll get be introduced to a lore in which the Guardians is a mantle handed down to various teams throughout the ages, with Yondu and his team (probably consisting of Vance Astro, Martinex, Charlie-27, and maybe Talon and Replica) getting defeated at the hands of Thanos and handing the torch to the new team.
Hmm, that was my EXACT thought (hope?) when the news about Rooker came out.

When I saw Rooker's name in the headline, I was convinced that he'd been cast as Rocket. Sigh.

I've never really heard him speak in any other voice much less a British accent.

Nobody said that MCU Rocket is going to have a British accent. He has one in MVC and in an episode of AEMH, but that hardly constitutes an accent that's set in stone.

When it comes right down to it, a raccoon with an American accent --- specifically a SOUTHERN American accent --- makes far more sense than any other. Since, you know, this is where raccoons are actually from. Not that an "accent" of any sort for an alien being makes sense, mind you, but if you're going to arbitrarily assign a regional brogue, you should make it at least fit the animal's natural habitat.

This casting does make me wonder how much the old Guardians team play a role in the movie, I cant see it being a big one so them being defeated by Thanos at the beginning and Star-Lord starting up a new team in their honour seems the most plausible.

I just hope this doesnt mean that Vance Astro/Major Victory is only a small part of this franchise, I hope they make it easy for him to come back in a team member if not this movie then a sequel.

Nobody said that MCU Rocket is going to have a British accent. He has one in MVC and in an episode of AEMH, but that hardly constitutes an accent that's set in stone.

When it comes right down to it, a raccoon with an American accent --- specifically a SOUTHERN American accent --- makes far more sense than any other. Since, you know, this is where raccoons are actually from. Not that an "accent" of any sort for an alien being makes sense, mind you, but if you're going to arbitrarily assign a regional brogue, you should make it at least fit the animal's natural habitat.
I'm not about to get into an argument about his voice. I'm sure it will end up being british either way.

I tried to morph Mr. Rooker into Yondu. I couldn't do the mohawk though.
4gnAfZc.jpg

I hope Yondu is done with make up. His look doesn't require mo-cap IMO.

I hope Yondu is done with make up. His look doesn't require mo-cap IMO.
Yup, absolutely no reason to mo-cap. Spending millions to mo-cap Yondu is completely unnecessary... especially when there ARE dozens abnd dozens of other entities and objects to mo-cap/CGI the hell outta.

I was actually thinking since a lot of people think one of the Guardians are going to die Yondu might be the best candidate (even though I love Yondu/Rooker).

I don't think Yondu is going to be a core member of the Guardians.

Yondu will probably exist in a future alternate reality and will warn/recruit Quill's gang.

Edit: Naturally, Yondu will have (or will have had) a team named GotG, and RR suggests it's a cool name, and insists that they adopt it for themselves, once they return to our reality.

Last edited:
I'm guessing small role in the beginning or in a flashback.

Here is a picture of Yondu i made...im not very good at editing images but i think i did fairly well:

301962_362962900480554_1804415461_n.jpg

he was clean shaven in mallrats. "would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

he was clean shaven in mallrats. "would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

I'll pass on making a 2nd pic of him but i wish i had known that before i edited that pic. Funny how you watch a movie and dont notice certain actors until you watch it again. I'll have to check Mallrats out again at some point.

Find a pic of him without the beard.

Why?
I mean, we know comic-book Yondu is clean-shaven, but given that this is James Gunn and Michael Rooker, and the current (very) short mohawk Rooker is sporting is probably the look they're going for, I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps his grizzled five-o'clock shadow look.

Rooker don't play no sissies. His version of Yondu is likely to be a badass.

I think he's going to be clean shaven and they're going to touch his mohawk up with CG or just normal prosthetics. A blue beard looks weird to me anyway.

I never saw the mowhawk as hair in the comics is that what its supposed to be, i thought it was a fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"