Microsoft 2014 E3 Press Conference

Yup, I'm excited for some Zelda news, and hoping for Metroid, although, I doubt we'll get anything Metroid related.

Metroid would be nice, too!

Nintendo really needs to bring out the big guns.

Honestly, I think the smaller franchises need some love. Star Fox and F-Zero didn't have games on the Wii. Kid Icarus really needs to be used more. And then there's Nintendo Wars, which I think could actually work well with the gamepad.

Microsoft should really tap into the old Rare franchises. A true sequel to Perfect Dark game could rival Halo in my eyes.

Yea and I think you and others like you just have this preconceived hate for the device, for whatever reason, just or not. I don't buy for a second you or others like you have the issues you claim. Again, not claiming the device is perfect, its far from it, but its doing something other industries are doing and I doubt thats going away.

If MS wouldn't of pushed the thing as the next wave in gaming and then tried to shove a bunch of crappy "Motion" titles down our throats we prob wouldn't be having this issue. THATS why people dislike Kinect, it has nothing to do with what the device can or cant do, people just didnt like MS telling them it was the next evolution in gaming.
I gotta agree with you there. If Microsoft weren't forcefully pushing the Kinect down peoples' throats and if it had better games, reception of the device would be soooooo much better.

I think reception for the device would be better if it worked as good as they promised....but it didn't.

Honestly, I think the smaller franchises need some love. Star Fox and F-Zero didn't have games on the Wii. Kid Icarus really needs to be used more. And then there's Nintendo Wars, which I think could actually work well with the gamepad.

Microsoft should really tap into the old Rare franchises. A true sequel to Perfect Dark game could rival Halo in my eyes.

wow! I'm surprised Star Fox and F-Zero didn't have Wii games!!

But, yeah. Next-gen versions of those games would be great! Same with an Icarus platforming game ( or even open world ). I'd imagine the flying in that would be super fun.

Nintendo has so many properties besides Mario that they could mine and turn into hits.

Zelda
Metroid
Star Fox
F-Zero
Icarus

Even if the majority of 3rd party publishers abandon the Wii U, if they could produce quality, hit games in those franchises above, they could give gamers a reason to play on the Wii U. because you certainly can't play any of those franchises on a PS4 or X1.

I'm really not sure what Nintendo's current strategy is. it just boggles my mind.

Hell, make a full blown, next-gen, CONSOLE Pokemon RPG game. move it beyond the hand held realm.

wow! I'm surprised Star Fox and F-Zero didn't have Wii games!!

But, yeah. Next-gen versions of those games would be great! Same with an Icarus platforming game ( or even open world ). I'd imagine the flying in that would be super fun.

Nintendo has so many properties besides Mario that they could mine and turn into hits.

Zelda
Metroid
Star Fox
F-Zero
Icarus

Even if the majority of 3rd party publishers abandon the Wii U, if they could produce quality, hit games in those franchises above, they could give gamers a reason to play on the Wii U. because you certainly can't play any of those franchises on a PS4 or X1.

I'm really not sure what Nintendo's current strategy is. it just boggles my mind.

Hell, make a full blown, next-gen, CONSOLE Pokemon RPG game. move it beyond the hand held realm.

I'm not sure Nintendo has a strategy. It really seems like they just make stuff up as they go along. They seems completely detached from reality.

I can only hope that the Wii U's terrible sales make them wake up.

They will probably never make a console Pokemon game though. The Nintendo handheld people actually know what they're doing, and they know that it's gold because of it's exclusivity on the handheld.

But Nintendo has made some very poor decisions with the Wii U. From no ethernet port, to no online multiplayer in Mario 3D World. Not to mention the ridiculously small hard drive. The limitations of their online store. And that's without getting into the gamepad issue, and the fact that it's specs put it on par with a PS3.

In some ways, I think Microsoft actually made less miscalculations with the Xbox One. They have been able to rectify all their mistakes, Nintendo, not so much.

If Microsoft churns out a couple of good Halo's, and some new IP's, no one is going to remember the Xbox One's crappy start.

hey, what do you think are the chances that MS will announce a new X1 model with a bigger HDD? or a new model with more powerful hardware?

I guess that's my biggest fear. with how quickly MS has changed its strategies with X1, if I buy one this year, they'll announce something different (hardware wise) fairly quickly......lol.

Last edited:
MS is rumored to have a big third party exclusive that will apparently shock everyone.

They can't release better hardware without making the launch x1s obsolete so that's not gonna happen. Slimmer and bigger HDD, yes. But nothing beyond that.

And I wonder if GTA5 will be the big 3rd party exclusive since PS4 gets Agent.

lol that would be pretty funny though I hope Titanfall isn't annualized.

If they ever did release a new Xbox One with better specs you can bet I would put up a stink and try to use my 3 warranty.

My Xbox is broken, it does not have the same specs...

when do you think they'd announce a bigger HDD model?

think there's a chance at E3?

They did the extrenal thing.. I don't see MS releasing a new model of any kind anytime soon. The no Kinect thing is as close are you're gonna get I think.

yeah........I think I'm going to wait at least until XMAS before buying an X1.

guess I also want to see if X1 can start surpassing PS4 sales once it goes Kinect-less.

if it's still lagging in sales by the Holidays.......that's not a good sign.

You can get a 4 tb external for $130 on Amazon. Waiting for a bigger HDD that would likely only be 1 tb anyway, doesn't seem necessary.

true........

idk.....I'm going play it by ear.

if anything, I'm gonna wait to see what they offer at E3. hope MS has a solid presentation.

MS went on record saying their most requested game is Shenmue 3.. I can only imagine if one of the big exclusives on the system is that game. Roof would 'splode. It's not a series for everyone but I don't know too many people that played it and didn't enjoy it.

When asked by website Polygon what is the most requested new Xbox title from gamers Spencer admitted it was Shenmue.

Creator Yu Suzuki was in the news recently, discussing the possibilities of running a Shenmue III Kickstarter campaign, but he gave no hint that Microsoft might be sponsoring a new game.

Have you seen Lan Di?

Realistically though, I don't think this would be the BIG exclusive that they're talking about. It would probably rock the house as a DL title but I don't think too many people would buy it if it were a 60 dollar digital game. I can see Shenmue 3 happening.. maybe as a 20-30 dollar downloadable title. Could even get an e3 announcement.. but it won't be the big 3rd party exclusive.

Some are also saying Rainbow Six Patriots.. They "started over" on development and some could see MS sweeping in and offering to help with monies if they gave theme exclusive rights.

Last edited:
I keep trying to find news to bump this thread.. but I gotta hand it to Microsoft, they're keeping it pretty air tight..

Here is Podcast Unlocked's E3 predictions.

Rumors started popping up yesterday that MS might have a new Conker game in the works. Someone discovered that MS recently revived the domain for Conker.com & then coincidentally both Rare/Phil Spencer Tweeted about Conker recently.

Could be nothing ooooorrr....

NaoHbWN.gif

That would be sweet. I know some of us were talking about Conker in the Nintendo section a few months ago. That would be really cool news if it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"