Most disappointing movie?

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have created this poll so you can vote on which you think the most disappointing movie is. I have included movies that have disappointed audiences and/or have gotten mixed to negative reviews. The movies I have included are...
Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999)
DotF_TPM.png

The lost world: Jurassic Park (1997)
the_lost_world_jurassic_park_the_t_rex_takes_san_diego.jpg

The Godfather Part 3 (1990)
images

Spider-Man 3 (2007)
images

X-Men: The last stand (2006)
xmenthree1_f.jpg

Tron: Legacy (2010)
640073-tron-legacy.jpg

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull (2008)
indianajonesandsku_2769941b.jpg

Godzilla (1998)
tumblr_lo6q2iPnWZ1qc1i9xo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about most disappointing, per se, but Godzilla '98 and Spider-Man 3 are the worst actual movies on that list, IMO.

In terms of sheer audience expectations versus reactions afterwards, yea, I'd agree.

Yeah, star wars episode 1 is the most disappointing. The others come close, some closer than others. I had high expectations for Spider-man and Indiana Jones.

Let's see here...

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace - Has a fight scene that is better than the movie and the entire saga

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - A movie that grew up on next to the original and have seen Lost World more times on VHS than the original.

The Godfather Part 3 - Didn't get a chance to see it.

Spider-Man 3 - It's a mix bag, somewhat disappointing coming off the 2nd film.

X-Men: The Last Stand - Eh, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be but it's only disappointing if you're a X-Men fan (which i'm not)

Tron: Legacy - One of my all time favorite movies, it not only expanded the universe from the first film, it made it better. It's the polar opposite of disappointing.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- Wasn't much of a Indy fan but I did enjoy the films yet this one feels like the redheaded step child of the franchise. I guess this was pretty disappointing.

Godzilla (1998) - Another movie I grew up on, I haven't revisited it, but I do have fond memories of it.

I guess it's a tie between Spider-Man 3 and Crystal Skull

Last edited:
Of the ones listed....I would have to say X-Men 3....mainly because they killed off several main characters for no good reason.

Voted KotCS
I actually enjoyed all of the movies on this list. Haven't seen Godfather part 3 though

And Tron was an awesome movie

Spider-Man 3 just because at the time of it's release it was coming off of what was known then and still to some today one of the best comic book films ever made.

Based on the poll, Phantom Menace, hands down.

Anticipation had been building for over 15 years and the trailer built it up as possibly the best Star Wars movie.

I was really disappointed with KOTCS, and thus voted for it.

Easily The Dark Knight Rises. What a tremendous turd that was.

I was also pretty letdown by The Mummy Returns. The '98 Mummy film was great. The sequel.. not so much.

Toy Story 2. I loved the first one and liked the third one, but the 2nd one was a huge letdown. One of Pixar's worst.

The Matrix Reloaded. A painfully long snoozefest.

Phantom Menace.

There is no competition for its rank as Most Disappointing in this category.

Having been waist deep in Japanese Godzilla by the time Godzilla 98 came, I was pretty disappointed. I mean, the actual design makes a passable Godzilla, but without atomic breath, upright posture, or being immune to the military, it's no Godzilla.

Spider-man 3
No one was happy in the audience I saw it with.

Because most people ready to hate those movies hated them and most people who wanted to like them enjoyed them to some extent.

They didn't have sky high expectations from hardcore fans of the series that were crushed.

That doesn't change the fact that they are disappointing movies. A turd is a turd is a turd.

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace-The first midnight showing I ever went to. I loved it as a kid, but now? Yeah, not very good.

Spider-Man 3-This just might be the most disappointing film of all time for me.

X-Men: The Last Stand-It's not all that bad. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, however, can burn in hell. What a turd that was.

Godzilla (1998)-My first theater experience ever. I loved it when I was younger. Now, and especially with the Gareth Edwards film coming out in less than a week, it's ****ing garbage as a Godzilla movie. As a stand-alone monster movie, it's stupid fun.

So, I'd go with Spider-Man 3.

That doesn't change the fact that they are disappointing movies. A turd is a turd is a turd.

There's a difference between divisive movies and a complete turd.

Look at any poll or user rating and you'll see the vast majority of viewers liked ASM1 and ASM2.

Like I said, people who wanted to hate them, hated them.

People who wanted to like them, liked them.

Most of the movies on poll were hated by people who wanted to love them.

The disgrace that was xmen 3 still haunts me as a movie goer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"