Most disappointing movie?

SW EU is dead ? Explain please.
For the simple fact that Disney isn't ensuring that future installments of the movies are beholden to the EU. So the EU isn't canon anymore, for all intents and purposes.

I wouldn't call it dead; the books are still around for everyone to read, the events just won't reverberate throughout the cinematic universe going forward.

For the simple fact that Disney isn't ensuring that future installments of the movies are beholden to the EU. So the EU isn't canon anymore, for all intents and purposes.

I wouldn't call it dead; the books are still around for everyone to read, the events just won't reverberate throughout the cinematic universe going forward.

There's going a selective preservation of EU elements. To begin with, it was never wholly canon; they had a scale called the Holocron, which sorted all of the material into different levels of continuity.

All new EU books will be canon.

Spider-Man 3.

After #2 being so damn awesome, I was so excited to see this especially when they said Venom was going to be in it. After that teaser from Comic-Con, I was adamant it would be amazing and thought this could possibly be the perfect trilogy.

I was wrong.

:whatever:

But of course. That just has to be it. Nothing less than superlative creativity from that franchise. The things people tell themselves to feel comfortable in their own skin...
I say it because before there was an ASM or more importantly, a sequel, I was mainly seeing hate for the third film, much less anything from the second and only the occasional gripe about the first.

Now suddenly it's retroactive, you've always hated the original Spider-Man trilogy (all three of the movies) but you never spoke up.

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
I enjoyed Phantom Menace when I first saw it, and I still enjoy it now. It's easily my favorite of the prequels. The other two are the ones I have problems with.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park
I loved The Lost World as a kid. As an adult I recognize that it isn't that great, but it also isn't terrible.

The Godfather Part 3
I really don't know why people hate this movie. I watched all three Godfather movies for the first time a few years ago, and I had zero problems with the third one. In fact, I liked it more than the second one.

Spider-Man 3
I've only seen this movie once, when it first came out. I recognize it isn't as good the first two, but I don't know, I had fun watching it.

X-Men: The Last Stand
This one was definitely a big disappointment, but it wasn't the most disappoint for of the movies listed.

Tron: Legacy
Tron: Legacy was awesome. I don't know what's to be disappointed by.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Also a big disappointment, and easily the worst in the series, but it has enough good things going for it that I didn't hate it.

Godzilla (1998)
Irredeemable piece of garbage. I loved Godzilla as a kid. I was SO excited to go see this movie. I went into that theater a bright-eyed child and I walked out a different person. This was the first, and the bitterest, movie-related disappointment of my life. **** you Emmerich.

I haven't seen 5 of the movies listed. Of those listed I'll say Episode 1, just because of the wait involved.

While Episode 1, X3 and Spider-Man 3 were all disappointing, no film has ever left me as disappointed and...really kind of angry...as Man of Steel.

Eh...such a depressing thread. I hate being disappointed by a movie I was looking forward to.

Spider-Man 3 - Considering I was on the forums for a year leading to this film, I was a pretty sad camper.

Ghost Rider - This movie crapped me as well.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I liked the movie, but it fell way bellow my expectations.

Transformers 2 - The coffin was sealed the second the mom took the weed brownies. Such a disrespectful catastrophe to cinema.

Of that list,Godfather 3.I haven't seen it in years,but I remember it being a huge let down.

Not ever been a big Jurassic Park fan.I think I've only ever seen the 2nd one.Was that Lost World?Goldblum was in it I think.

Don't care about Godzilla much either so I never saw that one.

Being a moderate Tron fan,I thought legacy was "OK".

I really liked the others.

My most disappointing was Man of Steel.Yeah,TASM was lousy,but it was almost a given since the reboot was not needed so soon.At least there was an excuse to finally reboot from the Donner continuity of 30 odd years with Superman.But it just flat out disappointed.:csad:

Spider-Man 3.

After #2 being so damn awesome, I was so excited to see this especially when they said Venom was going to be in it. After that teaser from Comic-Con, I was adamant it would be amazing and thought this could possibly be the perfect trilogy.

I was wrong.

This.

I joined the Hype to follow the production of SM3 and discuss everything about it. I was beyond pumped and couldn't believe the actual film I wound up watching in theaters. It was sad.

The Godfather Part 3
I really don't know why people hate this movie. I watched all three Godfather movies for the first time a few years ago, and I had zero problems with the third one. In fact, I liked it more than the second one.

Man, that's the first time I've heard/read these words.

I don't hate Part III like most people do. In fact, I quite like it and I liked the way it ended things for Michael. But Part II is one of the best films of all time.

Of that list,Godfather 3.I haven't seen it in years,but I remember it being a huge let down.

Not ever been a big Jurassic Park fan.I think I've only ever seen the 2nd one.Was that Lost World?Goldblum was in it I think.

Don't care about Godzilla much either so I never saw that one.

Being a moderate Tron fan,I thought legacy was "OK".

I really liked the others.

My most disappointing was Man of Steel.Yeah,TASM was lousy,but it was almost a given since the reboot was not needed so soon.At least there was an excuse to finally reboot from the Donner continuity of 30 odd years with Superman.But it just flat out disappointed.:csad:
Yes.

Star Wars: Episode 1-The Phantom Menace---The movie isn't that awful. It does kind of suck and isn't a very good movie, but I don't hate it. The light-saber fight at the end saved the movie. I will tell you though, I loved the movie as a kid.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park-Never seen it. I might though before the next one comes out.

The Godfather: Part III-Never seen it.

Spider-Man 3-I have not seen this movie in like 5 years, but I did enjoy it. I don't know what I'd think of it now.

X-Men: The Last Stand-I've only seen it once and it was a very long time ago. I remember enjoying most of it.

Tron: Legacy-Never seen it.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-This movie gets a lot of hate from big Indy fans, but I like it a lot. It's fun, action-packed, and it was cool to see an Indy movie get made just recently. It's a very fun movie and Harrison Ford still kicked ass. I can see why one would be somewhat disappointed considering it came off TLC, but it's still very good.

Godzilla-I watched this movie a lot when I was younger. Even had a VHS. I haven't seen it in quite some time and it's the only Big G film I've ever seen.

I can't choose between The Phantom Menace or The Godfather: Part III.

You know honestly, I'm going to add The Dark Knight Rises. I don't hate it, it has some good moments, but after seeing it. I remember being really conflicted and saw it again. And was still conflicted. It just feels so empty in spots. I hate Bane's plan, I hate the glaring plot holes, I especially hated that Batman quit for 8 years and Bruce literally drove everything into the ground because of his depression from Rachel and his lack of purpose. In all other media Batman has fought the law for the better, but taking the blame knowing full well he was innocent, he should have still been out there kicking ass and cleaning up Gotham a little faster.

You know honestly, I'm going to add The Dark Knight Rises. I don't hate it, it has some good moments, but after seeing it. I remember being really conflicted and saw it again. And was still conflicted. It just feels so empty in spots. I hate Bane's plan, I hate the glaring plot holes, I especially hated that Batman quit for 8 years and Bruce literally drove everything into the ground because of his depression from Rachel and his lack of purpose. In all other media Batman has fought the law for the better, but taking the blame knowing full well he was innocent, he should have still been out there kicking ass and cleaning up Gotham a little faster.

TDKT was made with the intention that Batman was a short term solution to Gotham's problems. It was referenced in each of their movies. He didn't just fight for the law, he fought to correct Gotham's mistakes from a legal and police perspective. That's why he took the blame while being innocent, so that Gotham could continue to thrive...especially considering that Dent made Batman useless to an extent in TDK. The never-ending crime fighting Batman works in comics because you're always trying to sell books, whereas in a movie series, it's non-sensical to have him be Batman forever. Thus, I can understand why they look liberties in that regard.

Also, I'd imagine that if any one of us was to be in Bruce Wayne's shoes, and we had the chance to save someone...only to witness their death, we'd be shaken up too.

The most disappointing movies for me were Star Wars Episode 2 and 3, and Superman Returns.

Last edited:
Nothing beats Spiderman 3 for me. I really wanted it to end, and that had never happened to me before :csad: It was my most unpleaseant movie going experience, ever. That's saying a lot.

Out of more recent movies, i have to add TDKR to my list of huge disappointments. What a letdown.

Superman Returns gets my vote, even though it's not on the poll.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. What a waste of such great potential. Not the biggest Deadpool fan but what they did to that character was a travesty. Changes from the comics are cool in my book, if done well. But why take a character like that and strip everything that is appealing from him? And the neutered Wolverine, even though this was supposed to show him at his most violent and animistic. What was the point of the ****ing movie?!

The Phantom Menace. The hype for this film was unreal. This was supposed to be my generations Star Wars phenomenon. Even as a hyped up kid i could tell something was wrong with it.

Prometheus. Maaaaan, i love the first Alien. Probably my favourite film ever. And Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors ever. I honestly believed he was going to blow us away with another seminal sci-fi masterpiece like Alien and Blade Runner. How wrong i was :( I left the cinema feeling genuinely empty and disheartened. I don't usually let films effect me like that.

Hahaha I forgot about Prometheus. What a pretentious pile of crap. Talk about a film that thought it was brilliant but ended up basically just being "Hostel in Space."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"