The Dark Knight Rises MTV Movie Awards TDKR Footage

BECAUSE its a higher speed they wont be smashing in but skimming over the ground.

Hardened titanium.

So the Batsuit, or the completely implausible way he glided the way he did with a wing area that small, never reminded you that you were watching a movie?

I try not to think about that one, it seems easier to let go of it. I remain unconvinced about the practicality of it. Obviously, the whole movie is highly implausible, but it seems to be the spinning wheel which gets me!

So the Batsuit, or the completely implausible way he glided the way he did with a wing area that small, never reminded you that you were watching a movie?

Don't say that, you'll give him ideas!

I try not to think about that one, it seems easier to let go of it. I remain unconvinced about the practicality of it. Obviously, the whole movie is highly implausible, but it seems to be the spinning wheel which gets me!

I kinda' get what you're saying...some things just stand out for certain folks. In TDK, actually, the 'roll' was a bit weird to 'absorb' at first. But sometimes a bit of extra 'fantasy' is sort of a fun 'wink-wink', if you will.

I kinda' get what you're saying...some things just stand out for certain folks. In TDK, actually, the 'roll' was a bit weird to 'absorb' at first. But sometimes a bit of extra 'fantasy' is sort of a fun 'wink-wink', if you will.

It certainly doesn't diminish my love of the movie. It's funny how you can sit through something like lord of the rings and be completely absorbed, but one small technical detail will be the part that kicks you out of the fantasy.

It certainly doesn't diminish my love of the movie. It's funny how you can sit through something like lord of the rings and be completely absorbed, but one small technical detail will be the part that kicks you out of the fantasy.

I actually liked it because it felt a bit 'alien' or surreal...adding an almost otherworldly quality to it. But I guess others could just find it WTF. It was certainly intended to be what it was technically, but I guess it didn't have the intended effect on some.

I actually liked it because it felt a bit 'alien' or surreal...adding an almost otherworldly quality to it. But I guess others could just find it WTF. It was certainly intended to be what it was technically, but I guess it didn't have the intended effect on some.

I actually think it looks really cool, but for some reason it's the one thing in the movie which jarrs me, even though there are plenty of other (often much worse) mistakes/illogical WTFs in there! But that's a whole other thread!

' Oh, son, you are in for a show tonight.'
Straight out of Dark Knight Returns.
This makes me very happy.
The footage is fantastic. I found the third trailer underwhelming, but the TV spots and this footage have me all excited again.

I actually think it looks really cool, but for some reason it's the one thing in the movie which jarrs me, even though there are plenty of other (often much worse) mistakes/illogical WTFs in there! But that's a whole other thread!

Too Transformers?

Wow just watched Christian Bale on the MTV movie awards last night for the first time, he really was choked up.

i am happy to have seen this footage. i really wanted bane to look big. I wanted him to have that use his trademark venom device and grow in size.

but i now see what Nolan is trying to do. he wants bane to have a more realistic look and feel. and just the way they have hardy dressed and the mask and everything with the big coat. it makes him a larger than life character. so there is no need for bane to use the venom device to grow in size. he doesn't need to do that.

the camera angles and the way they present bane.hardy makes him huge.

also they are going for a end of the world apocalypse feel. Bane and his mercenary forces with the earthquake device are truly a force to be wreckoned with. he truly kicks ass in this film. they have nailed the character down. i will not download this film. i will actually buy a movie ticket.

i'm curious. If dark knight out does avengers and its becomes the biggest film ever will they somehow coerce nolan to comeback for a 4th film in the future. bale said that if nolan came to him and if it had the right type of story he would come back. because it seems like superman: man of steel - will take the place of batman for 3 films.

This footage was really great. ALOT better than the third trailer IMHO.

I thought trailer 3 was a small, moody masterpiece, but I agree that this footage should be cut into an official trailer and released to movie theaters. It's awesome.

Hmmm trailer 3 is still better IMO.

Yeah, the new footage is a sizzle reel so it's not designed in quite the same way as a trailer.

Both were excellent though. Trailer was super emotional and ominous, but the sizzle really got me pumped up. And Bane's music is just amazing.

Hmmm trailer 3 is still better IMO.

Yeah, trailer 3 is possibly my favourite trailer ever. The only one that ever made me shed a tear.

Trailer 3 > MTV Trailer > Teaser Trailer > Trailer 2

IMO

Trailer 3 gave me chills, but the MTV footage would really have appeal for the general audience.

Anyone have another link? Cant find it anywhere (Youtube, dailymotion, etc)

Nothing can defeat Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy now! TDKR is overwhelmingly powerful and heartpounding, its the definition of pure perfected cinema! Movie of the century at the highest level of any films in the history of TIME! :D

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I think Bale was acting emotional the way he said his name and acted like he was going to cry and paused to the audience could react when they were done he started talking again. He may have been sad but the emotion was pure stage acting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"