Natalie Portman is JANE FOSTER!

she's hot. in fact there may be a problem with her being hotter than the sif character who is supposed to be a goddess.

I've seen her in various movies and have never really been impressed. I don't know why; something about her always seems a little off.
I feel the same way I don't dislike her but there is something I can't put my finger on that seems a little off with her acting in some films

I get that actresses gotta be hot and stuff but unless they are just there to play eyecandy I would expect some kind of acting talent or screen presence.

Portman talks about it a bit more

Natalie Portman feels like a superspy now she's part of the Marvel Comics world - because the powers that be find the most covert ways of tracking her down to discuss her upcoming role in Thor.

The actress will play the ancient superhero's love interest in the upcoming comic book adaptation and she admits it's a very "intense world".

She tells WENN, "Any time I get a phone call, it doesn't come up as a normal number; it's like a five digit code. I'm like, 'What kind of spy organisation is this?' I've never seen that before. I've had phone calls from people in the government and they don't have that. Marvel is some crazy underground world."

But she understands why all Marvel dealings have to be kept as secretive as possible: "I think everything has gotten more secretive with the preponderance of every technical ability available to scan and blog. You don't get a script anymore that doesn't have watermarks on every page that would identify you as the leak if it ever got out. That's on every script now. It's not just Marvel movies.

"It's hard to read it because it's always on some weird coloured paper, and then they have your name huge across the entire text and you can't read the text. It's really strange."
SOURCE

lol its always fun hearing a bout how undercover films like these are.

I think they're upgrading her to an MD so no sexy nurse's outfit. :(

they probably thought her just being a nurse wasnt that realistic in today's age or something. I see no issue with it. She could just be a young doctor who was a nurse first and all that.

There are tons of new nurse types. Hell some of them are like non com doctors. What are those called now?

:thor: :thor: :thor:

yea i dont know much on medical jobs/positions so dont sue me lol.

I'd prefer to see Jane as a full doctor, myself. She got much better in the comics when she decided to get her MD. If they're trying to portray the characters at their respective best, it makes sense to skip the milquetoast nurse years and put Jane on the road to full doctordom.

Since Donald Blake isn't appearing in this movie it makes more sense for Jane to fill in the doctor role.

Hey is anyone gonna check out "Brothers"? The Plot looks interesting. Spiderman and the Prince of Persia fights over Thor's girlfriend. This ought to be entertaining.

It'd be cool to have her as a doctor. Before the AICN rumors came out, I always pictured her as an nurse who moves out to New Orleans (Yeah, I
misread New Mexico :doh:) to help the people, and finds Thor after he has been casted away. She takes him to hospital, he gets better, there's a little bit of "Is Thor crazy?" and the eventually develop a bond.

Yeah, I pretty much had a whole movie pictured in my mind. :hehe:

she probably would have made a decent jane. though i cant wait to see what portman does.

I think what you say about her is a little too much, she is not the director and is not really the lead character of the movie, she is a correct actress but imo nothing exceptionnal (I don't have seen the movie "brothers", not my kind of movie) and for to be honest, I have always found her very arrogant, but it will be not a big deal if she can play well Jane Foster.

The good point she have in comparaison to Gemma, it's that she is very short in comparaison to Jaimie Alexander, Gemma and Jaimie have more or less the same size, it would be more fun to have a taller Sif in comparaison to Foster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"